fedorrrz_HD6 ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author
*master*

Re: fedorrrz_HD6 ENB

silverbullet wrote:looking forward to it =) stupid question, since ive been so use to using the realistic lighting mod which makes caves / dungeons dark, what perimeter do i need to use in order to do that with enb? im sure ive read somewhere which perimeter u change but i cant remember...interiors are a bit to light for my liking...
Yeah, they are too bright... it's all about PointLighting and AmbientLighting parameters...
The interiors were a way too bright or too pale, so it was a hard solution... but you still can try changing them - may be you will succeed :)

I tested your setting. I must say, I am really impressed at the performance and the picture quality. I like how it fits both day and night, as well as cloud or sunny weather. Its is very realistic too. I personally prefer more cinematic approach, life is realistic enough, but the way it is built is really smooth, I like it. It is realistic everywhere, not just some places. It not, however, compatable with Realistic Lighting mod, which is sad, because that mod is incredibly good. Sadly many ENB presets aren't compatible with it. Not that it doesn't run, but the lighting in many places is just completely screwed up. :(

*master*

megakoresh wrote:I tested your setting. I must say, I am really impressed at the performance and the picture quality. I like how it fits both day and night, as well as cloud or sunny weather. Its is very realistic too. I personally prefer more cinematic approach, life is realistic enough, but the way it is built is really smooth, I like it. It is realistic everywhere, not just some places. It not, however, compatable with Realistic Lighting mod, which is sad, because that mod is incredibly good. Sadly many ENB presets aren't compatible with it. Not that it doesn't run, but the lighting in many places is just completely screwed up. :(
Yeah, I know what you mean... one day I'll do a compatible preset. But for now it's kinda hard for me to keep all things working without brake some other stuff. There is so many things unreasonably tied together.

*master*

megakoresh wrote:I tested your setting. I must say, I am really impressed at the performance and the picture quality. I like how it fits both day and night, as well as cloud or sunny weather. Its is very realistic too. I personally prefer more cinematic approach, life is realistic enough, but the way it is built is really smooth, I like it. It is realistic everywhere, not just some places. It not, however, compatable with Realistic Lighting mod, which is sad, because that mod is incredibly good. Sadly many ENB presets aren't compatible with it. Not that it doesn't run, but the lighting in many places is just completely screwed up. :(
Which makes complete sense. I wouldn't fault ANY ENB config for this. It's like trying to install 2 ENB mods at the same time and saying they aren't compatible :P When building ENB, youre going off of Vanilla Skyrim's lighting to make it look perfect. Realistic lighting actually CHANGES vanilla skyrim's lighting values, therefore making ENB all kinds of wrong looking. You really can't make a good looking ENB without RL, and then expect it to work WITH RL.

Howevever, I believe that an ENB config that is built with RL + vanilla (realistic lighting with vanilla skyrim's values, allowing you to keep your ENB and tweak it further with RL settings) gives you the most control possible over your lighting (as it lets you control day, night, dusk, dawn, interiors, and dungeons separately.

*master*

As soon as Jasnin also used HD6 effect file for his/her preset I think I can post tweaked v4.2 preset in this tread.
Feel free to try it. It almost vanilla, but with right looking colors, dark nights and not so washed out interiors as original preset and nothing is broken.

as always: shift+f11 - off/on, SSAO is off
and don't forget to use desaturated water foam texture from Confidence-Man. Put it in your skyrim\Data\Textures\effects folder
Attachments
fedorrrz_Jasmin v4.2.rar
sorry guys, I checked effect file - and occasionally it was the old one, so please redownload for proper effect.
(306.17 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
fxwhitewater01.rar
water foam texture
(321.59 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Last edited by fedorrrz on 12 Mar 2012, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.

*master*

Some random test screens from Jasmin's tweaked preset

*master*

How did I miss that. That is incredible looking. I just... I can't get over how much I don't like in-game letterbox (but I know it can easily be turned off.)

Will definitely try once I have some free time :)

*master*

jim2point0 wrote:How did I miss that. That is incredible looking. I just... I can't get over how much I don't like in-game letterbox (but I know it can easily be turned off.)

Will definitely try once I have some free time :)
Yeah with putting // before #define HD6_VIGNETTE in enbeffect file. Can't say I also love this borders, but on my 16:10 it looks more cinema alike, like something new, like a feature )
Just make sure you downloaded: "sorry guys, I checked effect file - and occasionally it was the old one, so please re-download for proper effect" version ;)

More test screens if you guys still don't sure is it worth to try

*master*

More test screens to proof its awesomeness. Its so goddamn dark at night - love it )

fov 90

*master*