Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB

Confidence-Man
Just amazing. Absolutely love everything about NLA. Your eye for natural environment lighting is spot on.

One question: I returned to Whiterun at night during a game run and as I was walking up the lane by Breezehome there was a flicker in the sky where it turned pure black - no moons, no stars, etc - but only at certain view angles.

Curious what could cause this, or if you think it has anything to do with NLA at all? I believe I saw it in other ENB presets in the past while using enbhelper, but unsure if that is the root cause.

I can't wait to see what you do with Boris' new mist effects! Skyrim will soon look like the mountain ranges I live near with the mist breaking up the depth. I imagine that Skyrim will look bigger too.
High Definition Ivy - 2K
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit|Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz|16GB CORSAIR Vengeance DDR3 1300|EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah it looks awesome. Will finally be able to do foggy weather properly.

@ mart3ll - I've never heard of that bug or seen it. From what you describe it sounds like something to do with the cloud mesh.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

This is the most natural looking preset I've ever used. I'd been using Wanny's Realism ENB preset and getting a solid 60fps. Even though this one cuts the frame rate in half I don't even care because everything looks so beautiful. I just want to take screenshots of everything. Thanks for sharing this excellent preset.

Correction/Update:
I was using the Opethfeldt 7 ENB for Skyrim (I use Wanny's Realism ENB for Fallout 3). I also replaced the Skyrim 2K HD Textures from the FULL version to the LITE and it doubled my framerate back to what it was. Now I'm running at 60fps again with the NLA ENB. Very happy.

Really loving the enb. Unfortunately, my rig is too slow to be able to run this at a playable framerate.

I want to try and see if the game runs well with just the depth of field and god rays enabled, however I see that the lighting is still changed. Can anyone help me configure the ENB to allow only for DoF and Godrays?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@ hellfire - You want the vanilla game just with depth of field and god rays?

A few WIP fog pics:

*master*

Def trying this one once I get a better GPU.

Confidence-Man wrote:@ hellfire - You want the vanilla game just with depth of field and god rays?
Yes, unfortunately I'm not able to handle any of the ENB's at a playable framerate. I want to use just those two effects in combination with a lighting mod like Enhanced Lights + FX and CoT.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Updated to 1.3 with mist and other things.

hellfire - If I'm not mistaken all you do is tick the Vanilla box in the shaders window of the UI. Then you can use ENB features like DOF with just the vanilla postprocessing.

CM, what does the new anchor feature allow you to do with your preset? I don't make and edit my own ENB (I just use the best ones made available by others :) ). I am trying to figure out exactly why and how the anchor control is useful.
High Definition Ivy - 2K
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit|Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz|16GB CORSAIR Vengeance DDR3 1300|EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB