[UPDATED] TV-ENB for Fallout 3 (.118 NV Beta)

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: TV ENB for Fallout 3 (.116 NV Beta)

I get this problem occasionally ingame.

The thing is with mine the diagonal tear is always there as long as I have ENB activated... could it have anything to do with some sort of FOV change ENB might have made? btw the tear isn't really noticeable for the most part its only when toggling ENB on and off that you really see how much the tear is folding the image along the tear (only a couple of mm's).

*master*

@vimm
Make sure you are using the .116 wrapper or injector and not .118, otherwise you can't use MSAA or transparency multi-sampling--which it looks you're trying to do based on the screenshot above.

@TheBatDad1989
Try this:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false (will disable SMAA)
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=SMAA_d3d9.dll

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true

Also, make sure that your Falloutprefs.ini vsync setting is consistent with your driver setting. In Falloutprefs.ini, vsync is enabled if "iPresentInterval=1"
Other than that, I'm not sure how else to help. I've never heard of this kind of problem before so I'm mainly just guessing as to what might cause it.

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

trillville wrote:@vimm
Make sure you are using the .116 wrapper or injector and not .118, otherwise you can't use MSAA or transparency multi-sampling--which it looks you're trying to do based on the screenshot above.
Thanks for the tip but I've tried it and I just tried your new .118 version and it still the same. I get the same problem with other ENBs too.

Edit:

Caused by Steam. Running it from Nexus Mod Manager fixed it.

Re: [UPDATED] TV-ENB for Fallout 3 (.118 NV Beta)

Hey TV, why is this called .118 NV beta when it's for FO3? can I use your files in FNV and expect similar results? btw, loved your work on skyrim!

*master*

Re: [UPDATED] TV-ENB for Fallout 3 (.118)

@Isurus
I suppose that is sort of misleading, since the .118 binary is no longer a beta version and it can work for both FO3 and FNV. Should have caught that sooner. Anyway, you can use this in FNV if you want, but I haven't tested it in that game. You'll also not want to use any of the attached .esp files since they are intended for use with FO3 only.

Hey thanks for the reply... I'll try that when I can access my computer again as ATM im gonna be away from it for a couple of weeks

Mjolnir

I installed the 1.18 enb for NV and smaa, both failed to work.
I have an ati card, followed all the instructions on both. I set forcenvidiacard=true and I get this:

*master*

@Mjolnir
Well, the palette and settings were designed for use in Fallout 3. I haven't tested anything in New Vegas, so perhaps it's just a matter of incompatibility. On the other hand, I don't quite remember crushing the dynamic range so much. Did you set bDoHighDynamicRange=1 in FalloutPrefs.ini? Also, if the SMAA isn't working, the FXAA probably isn't either, which is sort of an essential layer of post-processing for this particular (.118) configuration. The best solution, if you want to stick with my setup, is to just use the .118 binary with the .116 version and then tweak the various parameters to your liking (just be sure to include the .118 prepass file, or you'll get no DOF).

sintheticreality

Is anyone else dealing with really low framerates? I've got a high-end rig running everything from Skyrim to Borderlands 2 on maximum everything with max frame-rates but FO3 with this ENB is really sluggish. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Nevermind! To correct the frame-rate issue I just went into enbseries.ini and changed the 'FPSLimiter' to false and all is right!