[UPDATED] TV-ENB for Fallout 3 (.118 NV Beta)

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: TV ENB for Fallout 3 (.116 NV Beta)

Hi!
I have a problem with your mod.
At every time of day everything is grey, like in an old films...
I don't see any colours except of grey...
Sreen

*master*

Let me guess, you installed the B&W version instead of the standard one.

Bone Mosaic

Hi! I found your work through an article from Steam. Awesome stuff by the way. I was wondering if you could tell me how to remove the grass from your prefs file you linked, I'm pretty sure its the main thing that's dropping my framerate. I love the lighting settings you have so if I could remove the grass I'd be one extremely happy wasteland camper!

Cheers! :)

Edit: This is concerning Fallout 3 by the way.

*master*

@Lingvist
There are two versions, like Dorak said. Check that you installed the regular one.

@Bone Mosaic
Here are some of the parameters that most affect performance:

Falloutprefs.ini:
iMultiSample=4 -->MSAA will kill your frames if you have slow GPU
bTransparencyMultisampling=1 -->This too if you have lots of grass on the screen.

Fallout.ini:

iMinGrassSize=10 -->This determines grass density. Lower values = higher density.

uGridsToLoad=9 -->Will drain your VRAM, determines how many world cells are loaded simultaneously. Default is 5. Go up in twos, e.g. 5,7,9,11. If you save a game using ugrids 11 and then try to load that same game after setting ugrids lower, the game will crash. You need to reset the .ini manually in-game using this procedure:

open console command
setini "ugridstoload:general" 5
saveini
refreshini

Then close and reload the game.

Hope that helps.

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

Bone Mosaic

A Big thankyou man!I'm new to PC gaming, only been at it a month. So I tried removing the lines that had "grass" in them. Didn't work. Heh.
Again Thankyou for the quick reply, and I appreciate your work. Fallout 3 is one of my all time favourite games, being able to beautify it like this is a real pleasure for me.

Thanks again! :D

Oh, I thought I'd tell you what GPU I'm using. I'm using a meager Geforce GTX 545. CPU is an i5 2320 3.0 GHz. In case I come back asking for further assistance. Cheers!

jhab007

Hey, thank you for what you have done with this mode, is very nice indeed. I wanted to know if theres a way to be able to configure the lighting outside (nights) independent from the indoors configuration, because outside at nights is too bright, is like if you have a flashlight always on. And now that I am playing Lonesome road I noticed that at nights is really dark outside, not like the regular fnv. That was just a little doubt that I have, because if that can be fixed this mod would be perfect. Thank again, and keep it going on, is really good.

*master*

@jhab007
The only solution for getting both nights and interiors looking good is either to redo the interior lighting templates in the FO3 editor or develop a separate post process for nights that you would enable with a hot-key. However, I'm going to wait for further development of FNV ENB before I make any major changes.

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

robotgeant

Hi Triville and Boris, I just wanted to thank you both for your ENB and presets !
It's doing a incredible good work on both Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Great work, great taste, it's really impressive.

Thanks to you, it's a real pleasure to replay those games.

sparkzout

Thanks trillville for the ENB preset, the pictures are beautiful.

I am, however, new to the whole ENB stuff and frankly have no idea how to actually get them to work. Right now I just have your preset sitting in my main FO3 data folder and when I go in-game my game looks nothing like your's (after pressing shift+f12 my game just looks like a brighter version of the vanilla game).. Any help regarding on how to actually get your preset to work/get it looking like your screenshots is greatly appreciated. Again, great job on the preset!

Hello trillville, this I plugged your ENB into Fallout New Vegas and got a pretty good result. While it lacks many of the effects and polishing present in the Fallout 3 version, it actually fits in well to some extent.