[UPDATED] TV-ENB for Fallout 3 (.118 NV Beta)

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: TV ENB for Fallout 3 (.116 NV Beta)

trillville wrote:...you can pretty much import any cloud texture from any Bethesda game you want so long as you re-name it correctly...though I haven't tried this yet.
I have, I adjusted some elements from Skyrim Sky and imported them into fallout 3. the result is interesting.

Vanilla Sky

Skyrim Sky

But as you say, this will work with any Bethesda game that follows the .dds format :P

Daytime Shots

Vanilla

Skyrim

As you can see the Skyrim sunglare is less pronounced than the Fellout sunglare. I'm going to adjust some parameters to see if I can get it to look better.

Sorry the shots aren't the prettiest, I'm not well practised in screen archery.

On closer inspection, you CAN'T simply import Sky textures from other Bethesda Games. Sure, it works, like my screenshots above show, but there are elements missing. I have imported the sky textures into Photoshop and Fallout\Skyrim sky textures are layed out quite differently. Though, with a bit of manipulation they could be imported into Fallout correctly.

*master*

@bucklewing
Yup, I sort of jumped the gun on that one. I have replaced the sun.dds and sunglare.dds files with success, but ended up reverting back to vanilla settings. Makes me wonder how much you can actually port from Skyrim down to Fallout. Some objects would definitely benefit from better meshes/normals (e.g. gravestones, rocks, trees). The woodland cabins in Skyrim would also look quite nice in Fallout I think.

I'll have to do some testing :)

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

sam101

While it works perfectly without FOSE, is there a way to get it to run with FOSE? Whenever I put the ENB files in the FO3 folder and run the game with fose_loader, it doesn't start up. It's a bit strange because I'm using OBSE, SKSE and NVSE with Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas and they work fine with ENB mods.

I've got the Steam version of FO3, btw.

Edit: Tried it on the retail version and the same thing happens.

sam101 are you using the Wrapper or the Injector?

Mine works fine with FOSE. If you are using the injector, make sure you add "fose_loader.exe" at the end of "ProcessName2=" in the enbinjector.ini

Without quotations of course.

sam101

bucklewing wrote:sam101 are you using the Wrapper or the Injector?

Mine works fine with FOSE. If you are using the injector, make sure you add "fose_loader.exe" at the end of "ProcessName2=" in the enbinjector.ini

Without quotations of course.
I used both. When I used the Wrapper, the game either didn't load (As I said above) or there were command prompts constantly popping up on the screen that wouldn't stop unless I logged off (Couldn't even kill the FO3 process). When I used the Injector, the game loaded up, but ENB didn't.

dapoktan

I was impressed with the shots on flickr.. and I came to ask what kind of face/hair mods you were using.. the characters look great in ur pics!

Thanks!

*master*

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

dapoktan

thanks!!..

does the male face mod come w/ the long hair for males?