Strategy games ENB (Warcraft 3, Dawn of War, Age of...)

only graphic related modifications here
  • Author

Strategy games ENB (Warcraft 3, Dawn of War, Age of...)

Hello, first of all I really like your work, I never even dreamed that old (and new) games can be made better by any other means other than higher res textures, so my discovery of ENB made me so excited that I want pretty badly to try it on as many games as I can :)
Now to the meter at hand: I wanted to request (if I may) that you guys (or just one guy, hmm...) make ENBSeries mod for some of the most played and well known strategy games such as Warcraft 3 and FT, Dawn of War Series, Age of Empires and Mythology and whatnot, C&C Generals, Red Alert 3 and so on, and so forth...
If you think that it is a royal pain in the backside, or just you don't play these games so you don't wanna mod them, please teach me via some pdf or video tutorial how to make my own version of ENB that is compatible enough for games like these.

P.S. Sorry if my english is misspelled or hard to comprehend, after all it is not my native language :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Strategy games ENB (Warcraft 3, Dawn of War, Age of...)

Hi
I'm not playing strategy games, tried many but all of them not fun for me. Many old games need dx8 to dx9 convertor to run, download it on my site and use together with all versions of the mod, except Skyrim, Deus Ex HR, GTA4. If one of the mod will work correctly and with most effects, then use that version as basis and tweak enbseries.ini properties to the result you wish to achieve. I remember that Warcraft 3 have adopted version by someone, but don't remember which exactly. In general, strategy games have poor quality of lighting, models and textures, so there is no sense to make mods for them (except crazy dx11 based computations of global illumination).

Athei

Thx for quick answer :)
I will do as you say, although I only hope to make those games at least a lil bit better with bloom and better shadows and maybe improving hue and saturation a bit, I'm not expecting miracles :) But who knows, today even some strategy games have good graphics, games like Red Alert 3, Dawn of War 2, Anno 2070 and of course Total War games.
I will play with setting in enbseries.ini, and if I achieve something extraordinary I will post screenshots here.
Cheers,
Athei

PyroNicto

I'm actually working on ENB for 40K Dawn of War Gold Edition.
It's giving me some headaches but it's great for training on ENB, since I'm a newbie at creating my own profiles. I'm trying to make the game look darker, but not THAT darker. In the beginning the biggest problem was that the screen would be either too brightened or too darkened, now the biggest problem is that I'm having trouble at making the fog in the cinematics work.
But that's it. I think I'm in the right direction... I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZrxF5FT92o
I have used the GTA SA ENB version in warcraft 3 previously. DOF, Bloom and SSAO are all working.
The only problem is that DOF blurs the interface, I tried turning ENB series on after starting up the game as I read it was suggested if the DOF blurs the interface but it didn't work.

I'm currently working on a mod for wc3 that will contain all new art and will be played from third person (a 3rd person survival horror modification) and this thread spurred my interest.
And I would like to ask a couple of things... would it be possible to tweak the DOF to not blur the interface somehow ? and, would it be possible to apply the GTA SA water shader on geometry in warcraft 3 ?
Or would that require the ENB series itself to be modified so it would work with the game ?

I'm just using animated shadow maps, baked lighting and animated textures (for fake water refraction and caustics) to make the game look better.