Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

Question: Are any of you running FNIS?

nafeasonto wrote:Question: Are any of you running FNIS?
Had to google it to find out what it is... so no I don't use it. :)

btw
I now have 16 hours playtime without a single CTD since i removed DoD from my list.
DoD is certainly not playing nice with something else in my mod list.. any suggestions what mod that might be?

Even without DoD I am still crashing. I don't know what the hell is going on, I am lost at this point.

nafeasanto wrote:Question: Are any of you running FNIS?
Yea, I'm using FNIS beacause I also use "Immersive Animations" and as I understand it, one should allways use FNIS when adding/altering animations to prevent your char from freezing.

Setting up a stable modded Skyrim can be a pain in the a##. I tried it two times in the last few days and even if I would consider myself an experienced mod-user (modding my games since Morrowind), I ended up both times with a game that would randomly CTD, as far as I could guess due to mod conflicts. Is there any better way to get a crash log than this mostly useless papyrus logging?
I used FNIS in both setups, but I don't think that it was relatet to the CTDs, because I also used it in stable games (if that is why you are asking).

Did you post your modlist somewhere? Maybe I or other users can point out possible mod related issues. But as stated by keithinhanoi, it could also be other loose stuff, or even a hardware/driver related problem.

nafeasonto wrote:Can a few people with a lot of MOD's send me the list of your MOD's you have in a PM? Who don't get crashes at all anymore? It will make it easier for me to pinpoint which one of my MOD's are casuing crashes, so I can cross out any similarities.

PLEASE
If you want to be near-100% sure that mods are not the issue, you should follow either STEP or SR LE (my preference). Hundreds if not thousands of people run those mod compilations stable with the memory patch.

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neova ... ry_Edition

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8

Heads up everyone -

Gopher has finally made one of his wonderfully informative videos covering sheson's memory patch fix.

He also explains the use of sheson's Memory Block Log SKSE plugin tool to determine what memory block allocations you should use.

Especially recommended for those who have trouble reading ;p - Have a look!

Hey guys, I've worked on this all day yesterday and just can't get it right. I was hoping someone would help me with the Memory Patch.

I'm using a non-steam version of Skyrim, with SKSE 1.7.0 Alpha.

Can anyone help me out with what I have to do to get this to work with a non-steam version of the game? Every time I log out and check my memory log block 1 is still only 256mb.

Korgul wrote:Hey guys, I've worked on this all day yesterday and just can't get it right. I was hoping someone would help me with the Memory Patch.

Can anyone help me out with what I have to do to get this to work with a non-steam version of the game? Every time I log out and check my memory log block 1 is still only 256mb.
Just take a look a this => viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729&start=290#p46663

thalixte wrote:
Korgul wrote:Hey guys, I've worked on this all day yesterday and just can't get it right. I was hoping someone would help me with the Memory Patch.

Just take a look a this => viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729&start=290#p46663
Ok so I read that, and added the -forcesteamloader but now I don't have a SKSE.ini file? In fact I have no SKSE folder anymore in my data folder, its moved to documents/my games?

Edit: Also do I have to download Memory Blocks Log? If so do I just install it with NMM or do I have to alter anything?

since i installed ssme it drastically improved my skyrim experience. no more ctd when 256 block fills up. Thank you ver much for this tool.
ps. on a side note, is there any point in using enboost besides bypassing 3.1gb limit? i mean, it doesnt improve perfomance per se, or directly affects fps, right? i am too far from 3.1 mark and i think there is really no point in me using enboost if there is no gain. It just introduces microstuttering.