Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

First of all, a HUGE thanks to Sheson, I'm using the memory fix and have seen a massive decrease with CTD and freezing.

I have a high spec PC (4770k CPU, 16gb ram, 780 ti, SSDs etc) and really tempted to try UGRIDS7.

Has anyone here played through a fair bit of the campaign/story with the memory fix and UGRIDS7? Did you notice any quests screwing up (which I've read can be caused by increasing your UGRIDS)? Any other problems?

Has anyone used the Safe UgridsToLoad mod? Will this really allow me to try UGRIDS7 and go back to UGRIDS5 if I notice problems without breaking my save games?

Thanks again and sorry if these are newb questions, I'm very new to Skyrim (first play through!)

Korgul wrote:
thalixte wrote:
Korgul wrote:Hey guys, I've worked on this all day yesterday and just can't get it right. I was hoping someone would help me with the Memory Patch.

I'm using a non-steam version of Skyrim, with SKSE 1.7.0 Alpha.

Can anyone help me out with what I have to do to get this to work with a non-steam version of the game? Every time I log out and check my memory log block 1 is still only 256mb.
Just take a look a this => viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729&start=290#p46663
Ok so I read that, and added the -forcesteamloader but now I don't have a SKSE.ini file? In fact I have no SKSE folder anymore in my data folder, its moved to documents/my games?

Edit: Also do I have to download Memory Blocks Log? If so do I just install it with NMM or do I have to alter anything?
Skse.ini file needs to be created under <game folder>/data/SKSE/ for the memory patch to work as intended.
There is no reason to put it under My documents/My Games/Skyrim folder.

Memory Blocks Log is not necessary for the patch to work. It just helps you to know how much memory allocation for block1 and block2 TESV.exe really uses, so you can adjust skse.ini parameters accordingly.

;)

Telmorial wrote:First of all, a HUGE thanks to Sheson, I'm using the memory fix and have seen a massive decrease with CTD and freezing.

I have a high spec PC (4770k CPU, 16gb ram, 780 ti, SSDs etc) and really tempted to try UGRIDS7.

Has anyone here played through a fair bit of the campaign/story with the memory fix and UGRIDS7? Did you notice any quests screwing up (which I've read can be caused by increasing your UGRIDS)? Any other problems?

Has anyone used the Safe UgridsToLoad mod? Will this really allow me to try UGRIDS7 and go back to UGRIDS5 if I notice problems without breaking my save games?

Thanks again and sorry if these are newb questions, I'm very new to Skyrim (first play through!)
I use Ugrids7 since the early times of Skyrim (since december 2011), and i encountered no script problems with it. Unfortunately, i encountered some quest bugs, but that is just Bethesda's ones. Resolved with patches and USKP. ;)

Thanks thalixte. I'm going to give it a go. *cross fingers*

This might be a coincidence but I've been getting a weird problem since going to ugrids7. I was in Ragnvald dungeon and quite often when trying to loot dead enemies it would pick up the enemy like a telekinesis spell. If I keep clicking to loot it would loot it after 2-6 times.

Skyrim vanilla bug or ugrids7?

EDIT: Please ignore this post. As a Skyrim newb, I didn't know I could hold down the activate key to pick up items! I think coincidentally I was holding down the pickup/activate key too long and it was moving the enemies and not looting them. Doh! ;)

neoh4x0r wrote:
thalixte wrote:That's right, if you have already create a shortcut to skse_loader.exe with the -forcesteamloader parameter. ;)
Right, I use steam for achievments, workshop, etc ... so I was not aware to the 'forcesteamloader' option (since I was not looking for it).
However, as I stated before, there will never be a version of skse that is truly free of any and all steam code -- it does it by making the game think steam is running when actually it isn't.
However -- that too, is a moot point -- as they say: 'don't care how it works, as long as it works'

Can someone simplify this for me?

I use a cracked version as well (I already bought the game for xbox, but I want to mod)

Anyways, I followed Gophers video to a tee and I am still being capped at 256MB. I assume it has something to do with the fact that I don't use steam.

What exactly do I need to do to run SKSE Alpha w/ Memory Patch?
Something about "forcesteamloader" but I am not sure what to do.

Please help. Thank you

SSME works on a non steam copy of Skyrim doesn't it?

vamp wrote:SSME works on a non steam copy of Skyrim doesn't it?
It does and so does the new SKSE Alpha build.

@MOONxo
Install SKSE Alpha as shown in Gophers movie.
Gopher runs Skyrim using Steam so he didn't tell/show an important step if you don't

- Create a shortcut to skse_loader.exe (right click on it and select copy to desktop)
- Right click on the shortcut on your desktop you just made and select properties
- Under target it shows something like "<path to your skyrim installation folder>\<main skyrim folder name> (where the TESV.exe is located)\skse_loader.exe"
- type -forcesteamloader at the end of that line (don't forget the space between " and -)

On my GF computer the end result looks like this: "G:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\skse_loader.exe" -forcesteamloader

I think Gopher did explain the SKSE.ini part in his video so I'm not going to repeat that here.

Important!: from now on always start Skyrim using your newly created shortcut.

or... you can just download SSME and throw the files in the main Skyrim folder and be done with it.

*sensei*

Tried SKSE alpha way on non-steam a couple days ago. That seemed crashy, dunno why. Some block settings were crashing Skyrim at start. And strange issues with other combinations of block settings.

Uriel24 wrote:Tried SKSE alpha way on non-steam a couple days ago. That seemed crashy, dunno why. Some block settings were crashing Skyrim at start. And strange issues with other combinations of block settings.
She's not a die hard gamer that plays for hours a day but after about 8 hours playtime or so the standard 768/256 settings seems to work just fine without a single CTD so far.
Isn't it the new scripting engine part of SKSE 1.7 alpha that is causing you problems?