TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim

Anyone using CK to edit enb? Im interested if im not the only one doing that. I mean, when you edit enb with CK active, you dont have to alt-tab every time, as all the changes appear instantly in the render viewport. Makes editing much easier and cosy. The only thing is that ssao doesnt work there.

*master*

Didn't even know you could do that, DPeasant. I'm far from familiar with using CKs of any sort though but interested in learning so may have to give it a shot sometime. Is there any way to adjust time or weather while in CK (meaning similar to commands or selecting them manually under some tab)?

Only time I've used CK was always same conditions every time so just wondering if can "test" without going in game and if so how.

*sensei*

eldyraen wrote:Didn't even know you could do that, DPeasant. I'm far from familiar with using CKs of any sort though but interested in learning so may have to give it a shot sometime. Is there any way to adjust time or weather while in CK (meaning similar to commands or selecting them manually under some tab)?

Only time I've used CK was always same conditions every time so just wondering if can "test" without going in game and if so how.
Yep, you can select any weather there and adjust it or enb accordingly. At least, its helpful to see how your enb will look in certain weather and region.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

dpeasant wrote:Anyone using CK to edit enb? Im interested if im not the only one doing that. I mean, when you edit enb with CK active, you dont have to alt-tab every time, as all the changes appear instantly in the render viewport. Makes editing much easier and cosy. The only thing is that ssao doesnt work there.
Hmm can you even work efficient everything i read about this is that the Editor and it's default Viewport Rendering isn't close to what the Engine Renders in the end Ingame ? and adding ENB ontop of that difference sounds not good. Im trying to avoid CK still as much as i can :)
Though i guess lot of people just talk, you better test everything yourself, mindflux and trillvile seem to have a lot of CK experience so i wonder if they would acknowledge the Render differences, or if it's just a myth ? :D

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

dpeasant wrote:Anyone using CK to edit enb? Im interested if im not the only one doing that. I mean, when you edit enb with CK active, you dont have to alt-tab every time, as all the changes appear instantly in the render viewport. Makes editing much easier and cosy. The only thing is that ssao doesnt work there.
Not sure, but I think mindflux does. And confidence man had edited directonal ambient colors in his recent shots, but I think that's about it.

@CruNcher: It's perfectly doable, it's not like you get a completely different render output.

Edit:

Two screenshots for you to compare:

Last edited by T.A.Z on 10 Aug 2012, 09:26, edited 2 times in total.

*sensei*

The only difference is that sun sprite is seen through mountains and buildings + very small shadow distance. Plus its freaking slow and stutters often.

*master*

@dpeasant: by the way how's your config getting along in terms of a release? If I remeber right you where working on the foggy weather types lately, so I guess you have finished the clear and cloudy ones?
I would like to give your settings a spin, your recent shots made a very good impression.

*sensei*

Well, im playing fallout NV in my free time, so for now i didnt really touch Skyrim. Also, i still dont clearly understand how the hell climate system works in skyrim. For example, vanilla climate settings state that they use only one weather, but thats not true. I can understant why weather xxx appears there, and why weather xxx appears here. And some areas look very shitty with the type of bloom im using, im thinking about switching to Matso`s one.

@ Unreal

I'm using Opethfeldt6 ENB too...but I've a question for you: how do you display indoor or night ambient? Because they are too dark and there's a sensation of obscurity that I don't like at all.. I'm not very expert on these " Pro " configurations and I'm only a noob user so I simply follow instructions from mod. Do you have /or know any mod or to make inside scenarios better ( or SkyrimPref / Skyrim.ini config. ) to solve this?.. As soon as I can I'll post some image of my " issue "..

Bye!

Nicolay

*master*

dpeasant wrote:Well, im playing fallout NV in my free time, so for now i didnt really touch Skyrim. Also, i still dont clearly understand how the hell climate system works in skyrim. For example, vanilla climate settings state that they use only one weather, but thats not true. I can understant why weather xxx appears there, and why weather xxx appears here. And some areas look very shitty with the type of bloom im using, im thinking about switching to Matso`s one.
Well basicaly Skyrim is divided into regions, you can assign a certain climate to a region and set the chance for it to appear. And the rest is just tweaking the weather itself, or creating a new one and asigning it to a climate so it appears ingame.

"For example, vanilla climate settings state that they use only one weather, but thats not true"

Not quite sure if you mean this, but when you open the climate tab you have a drop down menu with all the weather types which are assigned to a certain climate and that climate is assigned to a certain region.
Here is a screenshot with the drop down menu highlighted:

EDIT: Now I know what you mean :oops: . I'll google a bit maybe I find a proper documentation and a explaination why the weather types are not listed.

@Nicolay: Play around with "AmbientLightingIntensityNight=" (higher values=brighter ambinet lights) and "AmbientLightingCurveNight=" (lower values=brighter).