TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

What armour is this?

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

How to set shadows to very far distance, to make self shadowed castles at 500-1000 meters away from camera? I see some of you playing with decreased distance for better quality on characters, but this is easier to implement than far shadows (because far shadows affected by fog, so i can't raytrace without producing artifacts).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not an expert with the shadows, but the shadow distance is set with fShadowDistance in SkyrimPrefs.ini. With higher values the shadows get drawn at a greater distance, but as you said, the quality also degrades. I'd say 8000 is a pretty high value, but I guess ever higher values are possible.

LOD distance can be set with fShadowLODStartFade.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

By the way, if you haven't noticed yet, a guy called Matso has implemented a depth of field effect:

Available here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5587.

*master*

mindflux wrote:By the way, if you haven't noticed yet, a guy called Matso has implemented a depth of field effect:
Available here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5587.
Hm...okaaay, but instead, if you'll say what lines in the .fx files do such a nice dof it will be more informative :roll:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That DOF is really nice. Focuses on exactly what you look at. Not entirely smooth, like the blur has lines in it, but it's better than nothing.

Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*master*

I'm also fooling around with Matso' and my config trying to do something in between. Now it looks like this, but still kinda bad from many other angles:
Last edited by fedorrrz on 03 Feb 2012, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@fedorrrz: Seems like you already noticed that you need the shader code, not just a few lines, which is why I didn't give any specific settings.

The rough look can be somewhat alleviated by playing around with the settings. I haven't had time to do a lot of tweaking but something like this seemed to give a smoother, even if also less intense, blur:

float fFocusBias = 0.03
float fApertureScale = 0.003
float fApertureCutoff = 0.42
float fApertureBias = -0.005

Also // chromatic aberration if you don't like it. The effect is visible in fedorrrz' screenshots as colour distortion especially in the distant trees against the sky.

*master*

mindflux wrote:@fedorrrz: Seems like you already noticed that you need the shader code, not just a few lines, which is why I didn't give any specific settings.

The rough look can be somewhat alleviated by playing around with the settings. I haven't had time to do a lot of tweaking but something like this seemed to give a smoother, even if also less intense, blur:

float fFocusBias = 0.03
float fApertureScale = 0.003
float fApertureCutoff = 0.42
float fApertureBias = -0.005

Also // chromatic aberration if you don't like it. The effect is visible in fedorrrz' screenshots as colour distortion especially in the distant trees against the sky.
Yeah, it seems more complicated then I thought >__>