TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

@Unreal

Good effort :)

Maybe a little lightening of sky at the horizon?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks wrote:@Unreal

Good effort :)

Maybe a little lightening of sky at the horizon?
I still have to make some tweaks, the sky is only one of them (that's only the sunny weather i was using for some screenshots)... another one is the custom landscape im trying to make (teaser).

*master*

looks amazing, don't want to guess the fps you have going there though :D

There you are again teasing that grass thats WIP forever.

It seems I can post now. Hurrah!

Here are the first efforts for my "Skyrim: The Movie" project. These may be better considered tests until I figure out a bit better what exactly I'd want to get. (this may be visible by the hilarious incongruity in the 'order')
I'm using Far Off ENB ver 4.0, supreme fog and the weather patch for CoT, and mindstlakers DoF.

Btw, I remember seeing something about banding removal. Is there a banding removal thing in one of the newer builds, or in a special .fx file somewhere?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MrRoderick;

A proper name for that preset by the looks of it. Really does give me the impression of movie type looks and quality.

Well as Skyrim is rendering in an LDR state, when you introduce ENB it renders visuals in HDR which reduces the banding quite a lot, most noticeable in the sky in vanilla weathers.
But I don't think there is any .fx file out there that has code in it that enables banding reduction. If it does then you where most likely using a .fx file that reduced the HDR effect to LDR.

Perhaps you are referring to SweetFX Dithering effect, which does nothing as far as I've been able to tell back when I was using SweetFX. Only used the lumasharpen but did experiment with other effects and I have used SweetFX for other games.

*sensei*

WoodsOfYpres --> Thanks mate!!! :D Very nice video by the way... ;) I use the Somber Antique preset in v0.240 (own upgrade) and i keep the original "Sunsprite texture" and "enbsunsprite.fx"!! :) I just make few "tweaks" for this Preset!! And i use the "Unreal Cinema ENB - The Directors Cut" that i upgrade in v0.240 with few tweaks too!! ;)

Just a "basic" picture for this reply... :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Unreal wrote:Image

Nice Photo Light matching unreal except the Grass color still a bit off, though i wonder how many times that XP picture actually has been edited and how in real :)

The greatest Grass Light Render Results i saw currently, Fox Engine also the DOF is really nice and the lens clarity of course :)

Not a big Soccer Fan but this whole color light results are great :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB2mB3OHkV8

--JawZ-- wrote:MrRoderick;

A proper name for that preset by the looks of it. Really does give me the impression of movie type looks and quality.

Well as Skyrim is rendering in an LDR state, when you introduce ENB it renders visuals in HDR which reduces the banding quite a lot, most noticeable in the sky in vanilla weathers.
But I don't think there is any .fx file out there that has code in it that enables banding reduction. If it does then you where most likely using a .fx file that reduced the HDR effect to LDR.

Perhaps you are referring to SweetFX Dithering effect, which does nothing as far as I've been able to tell back when I was using SweetFX. Only used the lumasharpen but did experiment with other effects and I have used SweetFX for other games.
Either Dithering or Noise or let the user fix it in the Playback chain in Post, there are several options, though avoiding it 100% is anyways impossible without a 10 bit display on the enduser side, those with 8 bit or rather 6 bit+ FRC TN-Panels would also automatically get the dithering, depending on the quality additional post dithering or noise can help though :)

Both either the Noise or Dithering can be added in Post Production partly you could maybe even do a better looking DOF in Post (though that would take some time doing the depth maps).

We are still not in the full 10 bit era it's still mostly Hollywood only sad thing after 1000 years ;)

Missing End user Display Technology
------------------------------------

Variable Framerate
10 Bit

PS: Your Storyboard tests look great i mean as good it can be with the problematic DOF :)
Last edited by CruNcher on 13 Dec 2013, 11:09, edited 10 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Adding noise is never an option in my eyes, ok for movies and cinematic pictures but otherwise a no go for me.

Just having a 10bit display won't help that much as the typical gamer don't have a full 10bit system. Without an OS, graphics card and applications that render in 10bit, a 10bit display will only display 8bit mode.

Why it's not a standard today is also because proper 10bit displays costs a helluva lot for the mere every day user to even consider buying one for a what in reality is a small gain for the asking price compared to true 8bit displays or 6+FRC displays.

*sensei*

@MrRoderick: Absolutely fantastic. And thanks for mentioning the DOF, I was about to ask where it's from. :)

_______

After years and years I've finally gotten myself a new graphics card.
Now I can actually play the game while tweaking instead of editing the text files and looking at about 3 stills a second.

Imagine my happiness!

(Prepare for a bunch of mediocre and unnecessary pictures over the next few days, I can't help it)