Fallout 4

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4

Image Image

Tapioks

That explains why my exported normalmaps didn't look like normal maps... After reading a bit, it seem the current BA extractor has a bug that inverts the channels in the normal maps. Oh well, thanks for the video, I was still using the legacy dds tools <.<

*sensei*

since enb is released, my tip for reshade users is no longer usefull...
however i'll share it - follout by default makes some tonemapping on its own, since you guys use your own colorcorrections, it might be usefull to restore linear color space
i found a pretty nice formula by Sonic Ether (quite a famous guy in Minecraft world)

here's my example code for that formula:

Code: Select all

float3 FX_BackLinear(float3 pxInput, float LinearScale)
	{

pxInput = saturate( pxInput * LinearScale );
		pxInput *= 1 / ( pxInput - 1 );
		pxInput = - pxInput;
		LinearScale *= 1 / ( LinearScale - 1 );
		LinearScale = - LinearScale;
		pxInput *= 1 / LinearScale;
		pxInput = pow(pxInput, 1.0);
		return pxInput;
	}
the pxInput is vec3 type RGB ldr color. The LinearScale is a float value between 0 and 0.(9). Dont even try to set it 1 or above. Gamma-correction can be also usefull i've set 1, however you can use ungamma value like 0.4545 for 2.2 gamma and 0.5555 for 1.8 curve if you going to make some colorcorrections later. Just dont forget to return to gamma-space after all your correction is done.
Most you already have outstanding picture, yet this will help you make it right way.

generally talking all reshade processing should be dont after this linearisation or lets call it un-tonemap. All stuff like bloom, AO and even dof will look better this way. And math should become easier.

cheers!

*sensei*

AgainstAllAutority wrote: i found a pretty nice formula by Sonic Ether (quite a famous guy in Minecraft world)

{

pxInput = - pxInput;
		return pxInput;
	}
Ive seen his mod on nexus, but couldnt make it work with Reshade, as Ive got no hlsl skills at all. It doesnt seem to work as a simple "custom" shader, probably needs to be imported some other way. Are you using older reshade, pre-framework version(im using older, 0.16 one)?

*sensei*

Vanilla (weather: dark skies , sunrise , 5:30(i think))
WIP Weather mod
Changed fog strength and color, darker sky, sky lower and horizon recolor, most of cloud layers recolored still a few left, bloom reduction, lower brightness, increased contrast.

AgainstAllAutority wrote:since enb is released, my tip for reshade users is no longer usefull...
however i'll share it - follout by default makes some tonemapping on its own, since you guys use your own colorcorrections, it might be usefull to restore linear color space
i found a pretty nice formula by Sonic Ether (quite a famous guy in Minecraft world)

{

pxInput = - pxInput;
		return pxInput;
	}
the pxInput is vec3 type RGB ldr color. The LinearScale is a float value between 0 and 0.(9). Dont even try to set it 1 or above. Gamma-correction can be also usefull i've set 1, however you can use ungamma value like 0.4545 for 2.2 gamma and 0.5555 for 1.8 curve if you going to make some colorcorrections later. Just dont forget to return to gamma-space after all your correction is done.
Most you already have outstanding picture, yet this will help you make it right way.

generally talking all reshade processing should be dont after this linearisation or lets call it un-tonemap. All stuff like bloom, AO and even dof will look better this way. And math should become easier.

cheers!
Hey thanks, even if it's a bit late ;)
I have to admit I didn't think about converting to linear space and back to sRGB or whatever, shame on me. That said it's even more process and may probably further impact the framerate
( even if that wouldn't be the MOST impactful process ).

I haven't been able to get around to testing the latest ENB, does it include inverted gamma correction ? Or where you just mentionning that it was too late because ENB will soon catch up ? =)
Coding, GLSL, HLSL, etc... Aren't really my thing either, but is it already possible to convert most of the Re-shade shaders to ENB ?

*sensei*

here's the same result as Sonic Ether's tweak, but with ingame LUT
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1016/?

Wolrajh -

dayum :o !! looks more Unreal 4 than Creation Engine.. awesome :twisted:

Xilandro wrote:here's the same result as Sonic Ether's tweak, but with ingame LUT
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1016/?
Here's a quote from Sonic Ether, on the comments section of his attempt to fight the ingame tonemapping on FO4 nexus, regarding neutral LUTs:
Ah, thanks for that, I wasn't aware of the LUTs.

After some investigation, it appears that, other than adding some stylistic flair, the LUTs also seem to have a bit of a curve on the mid to low end that aims to fix some of the desaturation that occurs with tonemapping. I tried replacing the clear day LUT with a standard linear one, and there was still tonemapping present, so the tonemapping is coming from somewhere deeper in the engine, as I suspected. I wondered why just using the inverse reinhard operator didn't totally fix everything (it ended up making it too dark, which I had to compensate for). Now I know why.

Perhaps the inverse reinhard operator could be baked into the LUTs removing the need for SweetFX, but since the LUTs are only 16x16x16, I doubt they'd have the precision required in the high end for that to work.

Using a plain linear LUT and the inverse reinhard operator produces very neutral and linear results. Check it out:

http://imgur.com/9sZDB8D

The top image is the unaffected output with a plain LUT. The bottom is with tonemapping neutralized with the inverse reinhard function.

Things can get a bit dark; I wish the auto-exposure could be changed to be a bit more liberal to compensate for this.
So basically he thinks that just using LUT wouldn't be enough... I suppose this calls for some tests !
rhinohorn wrote:Wolrajh -

dayum :o !! looks more Unreal 4 than Creation Engine.. awesome :twisted:
Thanks ! Though I have to admit this particular Deathclaw really surprised me. I haven't been looking very closely at Deathclaws yet, but this one ( unique for a quest AFAIK ) was really impressive. The assigned Bethesda artist did something good! And the room was quite atmospheric too. No wonder I took so many shots there. :p