Fallout 4

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4

Pure ENB

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENB 0.307 Ambient Occlusion & Indirect Lighting on YouTube

Hi everybody! Let's take a look at the new Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) and Indirect Lighting (SSIL) effects introduced with ENB 0.307 for Fallout 4! This video provides an overview of the new SSAO and SSIL effects, as well as configuration tips and some basic performance metrics, comparing ENB's Ambient Occlusion effects against the game's own HBAO and SSAO offerings. The new [ENVIRONMENT] controls also introduced in this release will be covered in a separate video... stay tuned!

tapioks wrote:Image

Hi everybody! Let's take a look at the new Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) and Indirect Lighting (SSIL) effects introduced with ENB 0.307 for Fallout 4! This video provides an overview of the new SSAO and SSIL effects, as well as configuration tips and some basic performance metrics, comparing ENB's Ambient Occlusion effects against the game's own HBAO and SSAO offerings. The new [ENVIRONMENT] controls also introduced in this release will be covered in a separate video... stay tuned!
Always love watching your videos. love the faux effect you did with the thumbnail :3

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hehe, thanks! I enjoyed trying to 'fake' some SSIL in Photoshop :P

*master*

Recently, I've been playing with NAC and some different tonemapping/bloom methods. I like what the plugin does to the lighting, but I really wish it didn't change the fog so much. Vanilla's powerful fog is there to obscure the poor LOD, but it's also for the illusion of scale, and without it things feel as small as they really are.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks wrote:Image

Tapioks it's HBAO+ it's directly applied to the whole Scene Geometry via a Compute Shader hooked through the GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.dll into the Engine and also covers Dialiogue Face Geometry as well ;)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Cruncher

Err... ok? Not sure what to do with this information :P

l00
*master*

@Roxharis, I'm always at gridload 7 so I don't pay too much attention to the LOD. But if you want fog then you're gonna enjoy NAC: Far Harbor. :D

More seriously, Fog is pain in the ass when it come to lighting as Bethesda literally made the sunlight add to its color (I mean add like in photoshop, the effect that washed out everything). There is a lot of stupid things from the way they handle weather and lighting that I don't understand. A lot of settings have multiple effects, like upper and lower sky will also give the color of the water, and if you want a cloudy weather with some blue sky holes in it, then you're fucked because water will be blue as well (so you make a white sky with blue clouds or negative clouds...and it looks like crap). Same for some particles colors like rain that is also linked to the color of glasses and some fog particles... I really don't get it why they didn't create different settings for different effects, it would be so much easier and faster.

@l00
My friend, i have to say, you are a freaking genius. PRC is a beautiful preset. Fantastic colors and overall atmosphere. I cant wait to see the future updates :D

Here are some random shots i took today while i was testing my current mod setup. Expect more from me on a daily basis. I am enjoying this PRC preset so much...
Screenshots taken at 4k.

More screenshots here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132869504 ... 9624994553
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Samsung 990 Pro 1 TB
Monitor: Gigabyte M32U 4K 144hz

Using NAC with my enb. Thanks l00 for the vanilla weathers version, I love how they look.
I did bring the fog back in a little to hide ugly lods, but I am still using default uGrids. Do you have any stability issues with uGrids set to 7?