TES Skyrim SE

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim SE

kalicola wrote:ibbanez: Thanks for resizing. Much better :-) It already looks extremely good... Any chance that I can try out your ENB preset? Just so I can have a look at it? :-)
youngneil1 wrote:Hey Ibbanez,

this is hard to tell - it's definitely not by much. Your shots look extremly good actually. But yes, maybe a tiny bit to dark indeed (shadows grow too black too soon this way and colors in full light could - maybe - be a bit more washed out then). Then again, the screen I look at atm is certainly not calibrated so that's a very random impression.

Btw., like kalicola, I would be versy delighted if you could share your preset by pm, please.
Hey guys, I don't mind at all, but these shots were done using a tweaked version of http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... ods/2709/? I tweaked the Marty DOF to be stronger and changed the kick in/out areas, but I can post those as well. His preset is really under-rated, and I love it for this look I was going for. Now I use Vivid Weathers and ELE, but the screenshots above, some were with ELE, and some were just Vivid Weathers plain.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Gorgulla:

:o :o :o awesome texture! Release it! DO IT :-) ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ibbanez: I downloaded the ENB mod you linked. And it looks like the ENB part is only used for DOF, am I right? so the rest is reshade colorgrading?

I downloaded the original ENB from this site, and it's all foggy and washed out, and I can't really get it to look any good at all... I tried to copy over bloom and other files from at few other ENB presets, but I just can't get it to look no way near vanilla.. The bloom parameters doesn't work, and trying to compensate with contrast, brightness and gamma, is giving some ugly results..

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

Ewi
*sensei*

*master*

Gorgulla, looks awesome!!

*master*

kalicola wrote:ibbanez: I downloaded the ENB mod you linked. And it looks like the ENB part is only used for DOF, am I right? so the rest is reshade colorgrading?

I downloaded the original ENB from this site, and it's all foggy and washed out, and I can't really get it to look any good at all... I tried to copy over bloom and other files from at few other ENB presets, but I just can't get it to look no way near vanilla.. The bloom parameters doesn't work, and trying to compensate with contrast, brightness and gamma, is giving some ugly results..
Yes that is correct. You must use ENB + Reshade to get the look of the screenshots.. There just wasn't enough in the first enb for the look I wanted, and this gave me everything I wanted so far, and I get 50-60 fps outside while playing in heavily wooded areas with lots of grass and enemies, so I'm happy with using both ENB + Reshade for now. As more comes to ENB, and people write shaders to utilize it more, I'm sure I will make the switch to pure ENB, but for now, I will stick with what I have, because it checks all the boxes for what I want for Special Edition at this moment. I'm actually quite enjoying myself.. I'm actually starting a playthrough, since all I've ever done for 2 years is mod, and test, but never really played through all the story ;p Gonna try and rectify that now ;p lol

The one thing I wish was available, even on old Skyrim, was a built in editor, like GTA 5, to where you record the last 1-5 mins of play, and then you can go back and change all the camera angles perfectly... OMG, that would be amazing. However, I would think the developers, would need to write that into the engine to make use of it, or at least have something like Ansel written into it, then maybe that could be hacked, but I honestly don't know.

Ewi
*sensei*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ibbanez: After spending hours of tweaking ENB, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't possible for me to get the look that I wanted, it was always either too dark or too bright, or too washed out, no matter what I did to gamma, contrast, brightness, white in out, black in out. I could turn off ENB bloom, to better ballance the image. But ENB bloom is a huge part of why I love the look of ENB.

Anyways. I came to the conclution, that I actually really love the way vanilla looks. so I ended up, only using ENB for the DOF, and then use reshade for minor tweaks like bloom and levels.. Hmm... I'm excited to see if Boris can get SSAO, skylighting, cloudshadows, indirect lighting to work. I would love to get those things, as I actually think that the lighting balance in new skyrim is pretty damn good.

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

Ewi, that's already looking pretty great!

I think I'm personally gonna wait until the first version of Dyndolod SE is released. I'm in this circlejerk of trying a few mods and hating it, trying enbs and/or reshades and hating them, and finally rage quitting and firing up my carefully modded and glorious looking good old Skyrim. My wife is sitting next to me playing WoW and laughs every time I give up, again.