TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim

@joey4track -- I totally agree with you. Many people seem to like totally oversaturated, cartoony images, the faker-looking the better. Don't understand that myself--I much prefer a semi-realistic look. Your screens are excellent, particularly the first one. Care to share that config?

*sensei*

@mindflux- yeah, I like right and bloomy for a lot of environments but I tried to make these settings to look decent in any environment/weather etc.. But a lot of it is the the way the game way made. For example I can't stand how bright the carpet and tapestries are in Dragonsreach but to get rid of it you have to lower bloom wayyyy down at night but for the most part these settings should look pretty good in all environments. This also means you have to make sacrifices in other areas so people who really love the super bright neon days may not like my configs! :)

The first two are good examples of how I like my days- bright enough to know its daytime but subdued more lifelike colors to give the feeling of a crsp autumn day..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@joey4track: Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. This game isn't Oblivion and it's very difficult, or even impossible, to make bright daylight look like a hot beachy day in a way that the setup works satisfactory in every weather and condition. It might be possible with long and painful editing of weather types with CK, but I don't think it's worth the trouble, considering, like you suggested, that the game was not really meant to look like that in the first place. Still, it's fun to experiment with ENB.

That being said, I really like how your two shots from Rift look like. They give a nice impression of chilly autumn day.

*master*

Wanted to share some shots I took with fedorrrz's setup.

I'm really, really liking it :)
Last edited by jim2point0 on 12 Feb 2012, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

haints wrote:@joey4track -- I totally agree with you. Many people seem to like totally oversaturated, cartoony images, the faker-looking the better. Don't understand that myself--I much prefer a semi-realistic look. Your screens are excellent, particularly the first one. Care to share that config?
I feel redundant to release yet another ENB config but I have released a few different configs in the past that you can check out here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/modules/mem ... id=2890055

My new configs are way better as I've started to edit the actual shaders so I would like to release something possibly. Give me a hour or so to clean up the three configs I am working on and I'll attach them here and then maybe on the nexus if it seems worthwhile. Meanwhile, you may like the last config I posted to the nexus. Also under my files you will find the first and still best faux cel shading enb config- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=420 !!!

I'd really love to release my 1.05 config because it looks pretty good(not as good as 1.02..) and you get smoking high framrates but unfortunately 105 seems buggged as you get visual flickering. Hopefully The Mad Visual Visionary Boris Vorontsov (TMVVBV for short!) will straighten it out and we can have 102 graphics with 105 frames!! YAY!!

*sensei*

mindflux wrote:That being said, I really like how your two shots from Rift look like. They give a nice impression of chilly autumn day.
Thanks! Yeah, I don't know how much time I spend actually playing as opposed to running around the various holds with my jaw on the floor taking screenies! lol

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If someone need different setting for interior scenes, what it could be? I can only switch in them to night mode (and it's not simple also). Better to define some standart trigger and write special mod for interior scenes, fix in them improper directional light (it's direction is from side or from bottom, wrong, and it's color must be set to 0) and some dummy object rendered each frame may also help. I'm using such objects for indie games where developers can send commands to ENBSeries from game levels. With such modding also possible to implement much more effects even without modifying engine source.

Regarding "Catalist AI", it's unsupported by all versions of ENBSeries for all games. For ATI cards better to not touch anything in catalyst control center (not force anything actually).

By the way, what settings are those?They're looking really nice.
i'm using the cinematic with some of the lights turned down, basically.

However part of this little enviroment is to check what you can squeece out of the creation kit, in the way of direct lighting and such. Actually this is the enviroment light/sky setup of the sheograth deadric world I think, it actually does some depht blurring in itself (or over blurred bloom, can't tell the difference)

also found the water, once I have some bookshelves in there I think i might upload it as a jungle themed "player home"

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Last edited by Unreal Warfare on 12 Feb 2012, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Regarding "Catalist AI", it's unsupported by all versions of ENBSeries for all games. For ATI cards better to not touch anything in catalyst control center (not force anything actually).
And unfortunately, you cannot even turn off the Catalyst AI anymore in the CCC software...