Fallout 4

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4

1 Question Guys= Which AA Has Better Looking Here?
Game TAA,FXAA Or Off
Reshade Smaa,FXAA
Which One To Use?
Thanks ;)

iriarsham wrote:1 Question Guys= Which AA Has Better Looking Here?
Game TAA,FXAA Or Off
Reshade Smaa,FXAA
Which One To Use?
Thanks ;)
I use SMAA from Re-shade, downscaling from 2880*1620 to 1920*1080 ( either force your desktop to the same resolution up to 4k with standard Nvidia DSR, or fullscreen and you may input higher resolutions than 4k in the .ini ), and no internal AA.

I should use FXAA from Re-shade instead I think, it may look better...

Wolrajh wrote:
iriarsham wrote:1 Question Guys= Which AA Has Better Looking Here?
Game TAA,FXAA Or Off
Reshade Smaa,FXAA
Which One To Use?
Thanks ;)
I use SMAA from Re-shade, downscaling from 2880*1620 to 1920*1080 ( either force your desktop to the same resolution up to 4k with standard Nvidia DSR, or fullscreen and you may input higher resolutions than 4k in the .ini ), and no internal AA.

I should use FXAA from Re-shade instead I think, it may look better...
Wolrajh
Thanks For Fast Reply.....
Actually My Laptop Screen Is 1366*768 :lol: :lol: (Using Only For Taking ScreenShots And Alittle Play(With Lags))
I Used NVIDIA DSR For Skyrim To Get 1080P Res In Win 7.....But Now With My Win 10 64bit ,It's Not Working......
Game Screen Getting Small And Black Screen Around Of It!!!! :!: :!:
At Last= Your Advise Is To Use Reshade AA Only ?

iriarsham wrote:
Wolrajh wrote: Wolrajh
Thanks For Fast Reply.....
Actually My Laptop Screen Is 1366*768 :lol: :lol: (Using Only For Taking ScreenShots And Alittle Play(With Lags))
I Used NVIDIA DSR For Skyrim To Get 1080P Res In Win 7.....But Now With My Win 10 64bit ,It's Not Working......
Game Screen Getting Small And Black Screen Around Of It!!!! :!: :!:
At Last= Your Advise Is To Use Reshade AA Only ?
Ah, yes, you also have to change your desktop resolution if you're playing FO4 in Borderless Window aka Fake Fullscreen. Like, if you want to use a 1080p resolution on your 768p screen, you also have to tell windows to use a 1080p resolution. Real Fullscreen should enable you to use any resolution you want, Fallout will downscale all by itself. Or, well, I remember it worked some time ago, and I also think it suddenly broke one day, maybe after a driver update. So anyway, since I don't like real fullscreen, I just change my desktop resolution to 1620p via DSR, and fire up the game already configured to render at 1620p and it works like a charm.

And it seems to be considered the better solution to use an external AA for now. I'd say it's up to preference and performance. The whole point of using DSR in the first place is to avoid computing hungry AA processes, so even using FXAA ( which is considered better/sharper than SMAA I think ? I'm not very knowledgable at all in this domain ) is a cherry on top for me. Like a little pass of polish you know ?
Anyway for gameplay at 1080p in my native monitor resolution, none of the AA solutions seem to be doing a fine job, especially in foliages or cables, and even more if using SSAO. It's a flicker fest...

*master*

Once again I urge people to post their ENB and ReShade presets with their screenshots or else people may think that these screenshots were additionally edited with Photoshop.

I also hope someone released a realistic ENB-only super lore-friendly preset without ReShade involvement because ReShade works on the entire image, often improving some areas of the game at the cost of ruining others, which is no good for actual gameplay. ENB is more selective than ReShade.
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

speaking of SMAA

SMAA x1
Imageenb2015_12_7_22_31_19 by Eirc King, on Flickr

demo

still under testing.

MonarchX wrote:Once again I urge people to post their ENB and ReShade presets with their screenshots or else people may think that these screenshots were additionally edited with Photoshop.

I also hope someone released a realistic ENB-only super lore-friendly preset without ReShade involvement because ReShade works on the entire image, often improving some areas of the game at the cost of ruining others, which is no good for actual gameplay. ENB is more selective than ReShade.
I'll admit I recrop in Nuke by lack of any method to dynamically alter Aspect Ratio, and sometimes add a little Grade ( equivalent of Levels/Gamma ). Generally very low value, like 1 to 0.95. I play on a TN monitor and the output can really vary when displayed on my "classic" monitor. I hope we can have exterior/interior detection soon, or just a profile/preset system so that I could just switch between two set of parameters.
I used to add grain because I didn't like Re-shade grain, but I kinda like the smooth pattern obtained with Boris's base grain, so it's cool.

What would you call realistic and lore friendly though ? I'll interpret it as a "seen through eyes, not too moody" kind of picture instead of "seen though a movie-like lens, moody atmosphere" image. Main differences would be color treatment, DoF, dirt on lens...

Kingeric1992
Nice =) SMAA looks kind of blurry, which is what I think I know about the various "base" AA techniques. Isn't FXAA a tad sharper or am I completely mistaken now ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nice shots electricsheep26354 Is that some SSIL (or similar) that I see between the machine and wall on that first shot...?

I actually just updated the Nuka-Cola Machine on the Nexus ... turns out I included the wrong specular file so the vanilla one was being used instead ... d'oh! >.<
I also added a little Nuka bottle to the right side of the machine, for kicks.
Last edited by tapioks on 07 Dec 2015, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks
I think you mean me ;) If so thanks!

Ambient occlusion is Reshade SSGI.

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos