TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

T.A.Z wrote:Ok guys I've run into another problem, but this time it's enb related. I somehow can't get weather specific reflection settings to work. ENB simply seems to ingore them (ignoreweathersystem is set to false). The second thing is my game crashes shortly after using the ingame editor since version 0.265, anyone else who's having this issue?
And the last thing is that the ingame editor is missing some paramters in the [WATER] section and the reflection settings don't show up at all (I guess this is linked to reflections not working on per weather basis).
I'm sure you know that some effects don't change on a per weather basis... Reflections is one of those. And [WATER] is only weather specific with WavesAmplitude. Everything else is global. Does that answer the question? I use specular parameters to get a wet look in rain and such... it works pretty well. Some textures don't have spec maps but other than that it works rather well.

As for the game crashing with the in-game editor, I haven't seen that but there definitely could be something going on... might wanna ask Boris in the official 0.265 thread?

*sensei*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, so I got me some video editing software to add a bit of production value to the vids, and I also managed to sort out my Shadowplay audio issues, so now audio is up to par. I also managed to record a nice battle with and Ancient Dragon and the dragon priest Krosis at Shearpoint at 1080p @30FPS, all on my humble 780M :)

Never really did any video editing before, but it's kinda fun as I start to get the hang of it. Let me know what you think?

Shearpoint Showdown - 1080p @30FPS

Volskygge Complete Playthrough - 900p @30FPS

*sensei*

electricsheep26354
Thanks bro!! :) By the way, nice video!!!

T.A.Z
Thanks a lot!!!

orphennoc
Nice water pics, love it!!!

ImageTESV.exe_DX9_20150114_093652 by Asgaard Ov Nord, on Flickr

ImageTESV.exe_DX9_20150114_095018 by Asgaard Ov Nord, on Flickr

ImageTESV.exe_DX9_20150114_100256 by Asgaard Ov Nord, on Flickr

ImageTESV.exe_DX9_20150114_101010 by Asgaard Ov Nord, on Flickr

ImageTESV.exe_DX9_20150114_104659 by Asgaard Ov Nord, on Flickr

*sensei*

Flickr
Twitter

*sensei*

Asgaard
Thanks! Love the view in your first shot! ;)

electricsheep
Thank you, and nice video. That dragon battle looked pretty cool.

T.A.Z
Like Jafin said. The specular settings are the way to go, when it comes to weather debendent reflections. It is still not that easy to balance, but it works. I also added a specular map to my road texture. The only problem is that there are some ugly seams between the different textures of the road during rainny weather. The specular map needs more work^^

Intel Core i5-3570 @ 4.00GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 DirectCU ii 4GB Vram | Win7 64bit on Samsung SSD 840 120GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*master*

Jafin16 wrote:
T.A.Z wrote:Ok guys I've run into another problem, but this time it's enb related. I somehow can't get weather specific reflection settings to work. ENB simply seems to ingore them (ignoreweathersystem is set to false). The second thing is my game crashes shortly after using the ingame editor since version 0.265, anyone else who's having this issue?
And the last thing is that the ingame editor is missing some paramters in the [WATER] section and the reflection settings don't show up at all (I guess this is linked to reflections not working on per weather basis).
I'm sure you know that some effects don't change on a per weather basis... Reflections is one of those. And [WATER] is only weather specific with WavesAmplitude. Everything else is global. Does that answer the question? I use specular parameters to get a wet look in rain and such... it works pretty well. Some textures don't have spec maps but other than that it works rather well.

As for the game crashing with the in-game editor, I haven't seen that but there definitely could be something going on... might wanna ask Boris in the official 0.265 thread?
Actually I dind't know, thanks for the heads up! I wasn't around when Boris made some bigger changes to ENB (namely the weather system, reflection etc.).
I'll post my issue with the ditor/0.265 in the development thread, let's see if there is something on my side causing this or if there are other people having the same issue.

@WoodsOfYpres: Thanks for the tip. I played around with the global reflection settings to see if a proper wet look could be achieved, assuming that I could control reflections per weather, but since that's not an option, I'll try to work with specular lighting instead.

Some screenshot to make up for my offtopic posts :D:

It's just amazing how good water looks with ENB, it's really impressive how far ENB has come generally. I can't thank you enough Boris.