TES Skyrim SE

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE

Guzio wrote:4109 -- Good job :)

A shiny and new detailed shadows fo SE, Off/On comparison. Sorry for too big images.
Whoa! That's a huge difference. Great work Boris and beautiful preset Guzio! :)

Test with some basic weathers :)

Last edited by Lire_ on 13 Feb 2019, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Lire_
Images are not displayed. Maybe you could post them on image hosting servers? Like http://imgur.com, http://imagebam.com.

ENBSeries wrote:Lire_
Images are not displayed. Maybe you could post them on image hosting servers? Like http://imgur.com, http://imagebam.com.
Ok,i will use imagebam :D

WoW....This Game Got So Many Improvements.....WellDone
Always OutStanding User Gallery .....Keep It Up ;) :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Those small pebbles now got shadows :-) thank you so much Boris. As well as the grass

*master*

Yes, very happy with all the develoment. I have now tweaked all the new fancy stuff near my liking and have a game which allmost look like oldrim, but performs much better.

*master*

Boris, I don't remember if you explained why in 1st person ENB lights seem to be clipped when close to the camera. It's like the front clipping plane for particle lights is farther out than the clipping plane for visible particles? Here's a test setup to show what I mean. Is that something that can be changed?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess i didnt explain this, but it's same problem as with ssao or dof. First person models drawed in different space, it's scaled, so depth data of first person models do not fit scene, in game world such objects much bigger than they looks like. So if they are bigger, they cross sprites quick.

*master*

OK thanks, not a problem for me as I don't play in 1st person, but people are asking on my mod page so I wanted some better explanation other than "it doesn't work".

I have another question though, related to my "knowledgebase" thread and generally figuring out how particle lights work: the way you differentiate between "particle lights" and "fire lights" is that you designate as "fire" particles those which have subtextures (the fire animations), and "normal" particles are those without subtextures. The part that I want to ask about is why grayscale textures are OK for "fire" particles but "normal" particles with grayscale textures do not emit light? I imagine you're using fundamentally the same methods to render both types of lights or am I wrong?

Now I'm NOT asking if this can be changed cause I think changing it would create a very big mess. I'm just looking for the technical reasons behind it. Well now that I think about it I guess the technical reason is precisely because it would create a big mess. I think you saw that particles without greyscale textures are typically used for "glow" effects, the type of effect you'd want to emit light, so you decided to limit light emission to only such particles - otherwise basically ALL particles would emit light which is not what we want.

So again what we have now works perfectly fine for me, I'm only asking questions cause I want to understand the thinking behind your design decisions.