Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition ENB

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition ENB

I'm almost a complete newbie at this, so this seems a nice way to learn the how-to. I'm trying to make DoW Gold look darker, but still visible, so it could look less aged and a more brutal/dark game.

I've started using pieces from the enbseries.ini of GTA (can't remeber exactly which one, probably SA) in a Burnout Paradise enbseries.ini, then I got some lines from one I found for Fallout 3, borrowed it's colour pallete, now I'm trying to understand what each line and command really does, the possibilities... I'm somewhat satisfied with what I'm heading for now, but I really want to do this knowing exactly what I'm doing.
In the beggining it was a complete mess. The screen would either turn completely white with light or extremely saturated, way too dark to see anything. Then I messed a little with the lines until the game was playable. Then I had to deal with huge black lines, weird lights... but it seems that I'm finally doing almost fine. Now what I really want is to know how to turn the fog that appear in the cinematics on again, since it disappears once I start using ENB and appears when I turn it off. Probably I do have a lot clutter in my Frankenstein's monster enbseries.ini too, since I don't understand it as I wanted...
Comparison for those who don't play it below.

Original - Preview, click to enlarge:

With ENB, without Fallout's lines/pallete - Preview, click to enlarge:

With ENB, pallete - Preview, click to enlarge:

I will post more comparative screenshots asap. :)

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition ENB

I tested a bunch of ENB versions with this game. The results are,

hl2_v0075
SSAO =yes
DOF =yes
Reflect = no (no effect)

gta3_v0075 or gtavc_v0075c3
SSAO =no
DOF =yes
Reflect =yes

gtavc_v0075c3
SSAO =no (weird inky black screen effect)
DOF =yes
Reflect =yes

oblivion_v0075a
SSAO = no (weird inky black screen effect)
DOF = yes
Reflect = no (no effect)

generic_v0076
SSAO = no (no visible effect but big slow down)
DOF = yes
Reflect = no (no effect)

Tested on 2 computers one with a Radeon HD 4350 the other with a Radeon HD 7750.

The DOF does blur the UI though. Anything I can do about that? Perhaps a way to mask it off?