*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

Thanks, I'll check those out tonight.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Would be cool if you could test a few different cubemaps, I don't feel like the original ones are best possible.

Pfuscher wrote:Would be cool if you could test a few different cubemaps, I don't feel like the original ones are best possible.
Oh, I totally changed the cubemap, that was way too subtle, especially with a distressed armor texture. The more "rustic" you make the metal, the more contrast you need to the cubemap.

I've redone everything, diffuse, emittance, normals, and cubemap. I made the normal maps much more dimensional than the originals. The body is now 4K, and I eliminated the 2nd lower body texture. It was only there for the shortened fur trim, otherwise, it's a duplicate of the other texture. I like the armor better without that fur trim in the midsection anyway, since it obscured several of the armor pieces, and made the armor look bulky at the waist. Frankly, it was a waste of VRAM for something that didn't really add much to the overall appearance.

There are so many pieces to that armor, that even at 4K it's not as detailed as you think it would be. I kept the helmet at 2K because it looks plenty detailed at that size, and won't look too out of place with the main armor. It still looks more detailed though, since there are only a few pieces involved in the helmet texture.

The only question, is whether NewerMind43 ever lets me release it. :lol:

Gamwich wrote:The only question, is whether NewerMind43 ever lets me release it. :lol:
There was a bit of drama recently when Newermind43 had requested fadingsignal to remove his retexture of the ESO Nord Armor. Then he changed his mind but only allowed it to be posted on the ESO Nord page...the sad thing is though, there are no screenshots, so nobody knows what they are getting.

I did one too but I can't be bothered to finish it if I can't even post it.

johnskyrim wrote:
Gamwich wrote:The only question, is whether NewerMind43 ever lets me release it. :lol:
There was a bit of drama recently when Newermind43 had requested fadingsignal to remove his retexture of the ESO Nord Armor. Then he changed his mind but only allowed it to be posted on the ESO Nord page...the sad thing is though, there are no screenshots, so nobody knows what they are getting.

I did one too but I can't be bothered to finish it if I can't even post it.
Interesting take.... it has quite a different feel to it. Nice, but different. I was trying more for the look of the ESO promo posters, which had a very battleworn and and dirty appearance. Frankly, the artwork is grittier than anything that you could practically make for the game.... it would just look like a mess if you tried.

You'd think that NewerMind43 would realize that a lot of people were looking for that ESO armor set to make it to Skyrim, so he should've expected a lot of interest in retextures for his mod. I'd personally take it as a compliment, not as a negative.

That's what I thought too. Plus, I don't see why he always rushes releases with bad textures, only to re-do them a few days later but doesn't include a variety of screenshots :\

johnskyrim wrote:That's what I thought too. Plus, I don't see why he always rushes releases with bad textures, only to re-do them a few days later but doesn't include a variety of screenshots :\
I told him I was doing a 4K retexture and asked for permission to release it. I guess I got my answer...... he rushed out his new 4K version. ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Would be cool if you would release your version on here. Nobody gets hurt by that.