TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

@ Kalicola

The longer the shadow distance the crappier shadow more or less, it causes the shadows to appear with more jagged edges. Personally I have found that a shadow distance of 4500 for exteriors are good enough, for me that is. And also try changing your bias setting take screenshot of 0.1 and 0.25 to compare and choose something in between that. I personally use 0.2 as it removes shadow stripes on the ground surfaces and yet it does not make the shadows lose any sort of quality. I would recommend a bias setting between 0.2 and 0.25.

About the AC3 + ENB question you might consider trying the Generic ENB as it is supposed to be as open as it can be to be used with a lot of different games. I don't have AC 3 so can't confirm this and I have yet to test out the generic ENB myself.

Nice pictures by the way :), reminds me of an old preset I worked on for myself but mine was a bit less saturation and had a little darker nights.

@ Oyama

The ivy's are back in town :lol:

Really good looking preset, natural yet "moody" :)

*sensei*

@saltr - I hear you. I tried for quite a while with CoT but gave up as the discrepancy between different weathers is too great to generalize with a single ENB preset, at least I could find a way to equalize. Even with Vanilla weather I am finding the same issue and against all my sensibilities, I am back to modding weather again in an attempt to achieve that. However, this time I am taking a different approach with what I believe to be better overall results. Instead of going directly to RGB values of specifics within the CK, I am changing only Luminosity and Saturation for the most part. First aspect that I am trying to do is to equalize (reasonably) the Night / Day values since with the new method they are controlled by Horizon and, to some extent, Lower-sky values. I find that has gone a long way towards standardizing ENB values for Night and Day and now find myself not tweaking ENB hardly at all, just tweaking each weather in CK to match my targets.

The Fog values tend to be the hardest, for me at least, to get reasonable, since the fog does not affect sky at all. In reality, fog affects anything it occludes including sky to a certain height, this is not the case with the Creation engine from what I see and therefore, in my opinion, requires coordination of fog parameters with the current weather sky to achieve a blended in look. I have undertaken a large piece of work for myself but like I said in a previous post, I am finding the tweaking aspect to be as enjoyable (perhaps even more so) than actually playing the game, lol.

@symphonicjohn - thank you.

@all - I find it interesting that by default the weathers are setup to have differing directional ambient light settings which can be clearly seen in Kalicola's image from his post above (by the way I am certainly not picking on you or your preset Kalicola, just an observation that I have had which is well illustrated by your shot:

Notice how the right wall is reddish and the left diagonal wall is greenish. Is this "realistic" in natural lighting? I can't say that I have observed it. For some reason this kind of stuff really bothers me, lol. It also exists, perhaps even more evidently, in interiors. Unfortunately, the only way that I see to remedy this type of situation is to manually edit the Directional Ambient values in CK. Maybe I am being to anal. :-)

*sensei*

Mindflux>>>
Thank you kind sir, really glad that you like some of them, I just wanted to show off the brilliant Boris's work, in this simple and minimalistic way.
ENB 0.155v truly looks amazing and runs like a dream on my PC, constant 60 fps with all effects turned on and maxed out except SSAO scaling is 0.8 and off course reflections is turned off.
I will wait as long as it takes for you to finish your masterpiece.
Good luck with your work my friend.

Symphonicjohn>>>
Thanks mate for positive response.

Joey4track>>>
Thank you sir, I love that pic too, orcs always look the best.
Great work on your side too buddy.

Kermles>>>
Thank you my friend :) Loved you pics collage.

Lauren>>>
Just WoW, I had troubles at the medium difficulty in this game .

Valks666>>>
Thank you my friend but I think they are too simple to be considered as epic ones :)

Saltr>>>
Thanks mate , love the way your settings looks with each update you make Saltr :)

EvoFq3o0>>>
Thank you my friend, it's always a pleasure to see what You may do with Your next preset , looks Amazing so far, and keep they coming Evo :)

Confidence-Man>>>
Don't say that, your set is one of the best looking and the most recognizable out there, Keep your great shots coming.
BTW love your bark texture :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dinkledorf: i hate to ruin your theori here :-) but I'm pretty sure that the reddish-ness you are seeing is actually the sunrays coming in from the right of the camera. For that screenshot I had to place the camera so that the sunrays didn't wash everything out.

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

kalicola wrote:Dinkledorf: i hate to ruin your theori here :-) but I'm pretty sure that the reddish-ness you are seeing is actually the sunrays coming in from the right of the camera. For that screenshot I had to place the camera so that the sunrays didn't wash everything out.
Hi Kalicola, I certainly accept being in error, however, I do find it hard to believe that the sun rays exactly dissect the walls at their junction. Judging by the shadow on the scene, the dissection would not be perpendicular to the ground but at an angle and would therefore likely touch both walls at some point. Yet there is no reddish coloring on the left wall facing the camera. Notice that the left wall facing left is also reddish as well. Regardless, I could be wrong.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe you are right, I don't know. But I agree that wierd stuff is happening sometimes with the lighting

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

NO downsampling on these :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

far327, the second shot, huh :)

switch back to initial enbeffect

all shots taken at 1280x800 (can't play at higher res)
Last edited by saltr on 21 Mar 2013, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

Dumpatron5000 incoming: