TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

Depends from hosting service, one russian converts all images to png always :lol: . And jpg can be very good if proper compressor is used, i like very much it from Photoshop, never seen anything better by quality and size, i use it for almost everything, including textures, except normal maps and images which will be modified again.

*master*

Looks great 32cm. I have to say I'm still amazed that I like tamriel reloaded HD so much, because i was more on the sceptical side because your textures seemed so warm. I thought they wouldn't fit Skyrim well. But having the complete mod installed(except for the mountain and rock textures), with the newly placed tress and grasses, I have to say they do. Skyrim has now a completely new feel to it, but it doesn't look out of place at all, really great work!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

klotim wrote:
Jafin16 wrote:Another option for image format is to use a good image editing program (Gimp or photoshop will do the trick) and save the image as a 100% quality JPEG. Saved at 100% you lose no quality but still get the small file size and image hosting sites such as imgur or flickr don't butcher them. I know some of the "pro" screenarchers use this method as opposed to .png. I've heard imgur may still butcher even .jpg or .png files but I've never used it so I don't know for sure. Just another option I wanted to throw out!
Um, JPEG is still a compressed image format, therefore compression artifacts.
PNG and BMP is both uncompressed.
yep, unless people monitor are crap or their video card render all the stuffs the same crap way and they can't see the difference.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi folks! I just finished publishing my latest ENB effect demo video, for your consideration. This time taking a look at the sun rays effect. You

can find the other videos in the series in THIS THREAD.

This video demonstrates the crepuscular rays, or sun rays, effect of ENB series for Skyrim. Sun rays are shafts of light perceived to issue from

the position of the sun. These rays are tinted orange by the atmosphere they traverse, and are most easily visible at dawn and dusk hours. For

details, see the Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crepuscular_rays

Crepuscular Rays Effect Demo - 1080p @ 30FPS

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have broken my usual block to respond to this:
charlievoviii wrote:
klotim wrote:
Jafin16 wrote:Another option for image format is to use a good image editing program (Gimp or photoshop will do the trick) and save the image as a 100% quality JPEG. Saved at 100% you lose no quality but still get the small file size and image hosting sites such as imgur or flickr don't butcher them. I know some of the "pro" screenarchers use this method as opposed to .png. I've heard imgur may still butcher even .jpg or .png files but I've never used it so I don't know for sure. Just another option I wanted to throw out!
Um, JPEG is still a compressed image format, therefore compression artifacts.
PNG and BMP is both uncompressed.
yep, unless people monitor are crap or their video card render all the stuffs the same crap way and they can't see the difference.
With an educated response that must have been missed from this. Also, take it up with Dead End Thrills folks. When it comes to image quality, they know what they're talking about.
ENBSeries wrote:Depends from hosting service, one russian converts all images to png always :lol: . And jpg can be very good if proper compressor is used, i like very much it from Photoshop, never seen anything better by quality and size, i use it for almost everything, including textures, except normal maps and images which will be modified again.
Discussion is now over on my end. I'm gonna go take screenshots now because it's fun. :) Cheers all.

electricsheep
Another excellent set! I'm really enjoying your screens lately!

tapioks
Another great video! I'm looking forward to the bloom one you mentioned some time back... did you find a good preset to show off the effect properly? I know you were having some issues with that...

*sensei*

My 'True' Nordic... :twisted:

ImageMy True Nordic... by Asgaard Ov Nord, on Flickr
Last edited by Asgaard on 05 Feb 2015, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Jafin16

Thanks! Trying to make the bloom video has proven to be problematic. I have not yet found an ideal preset for demoing the effect; and when I have been able to find decent scenes to try to demo the effect, the overall impact is rather subtle and I'm not sure it will be very appreciable in the video. I have not given up in this idea ... but it's sort of on the back burner for now :)

@Asgaard

You're warrior looks cool ... though also kinda...sad? :P

*sensei*

tapioks wrote:@Asgaard

You're warrior looks cool ... though also kinda...sad? :P
:lol: Thanks my friend!!! Yep, the life of an Nordic Warrior isn't easy everyday... :D
By the way, as you know, I Love your videos Tech Demo!!! ;)