TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim

Confidence-Man wrote: I think it's just the result of overall nighttime values. Maybe too bright, too high contrast, etc...
It will always stand out but it can be brought under control more or less.
Playing around with contrast tonemapping etc. doesn't really help either, tried that allready. I think I'll try to rework my palette so that during nightime highlights get dimmed, although this will force me to redo all my nightime settings enbseries and ck wise.
But thanks for your help :)

Idaten

I like this one, subject matter aside, I can't help but think this config is just blindingly bright in game during the daytime clear weath
Pretty much, but its sorta what I like. I prefer it to be bright. Heres some "normal gameplay" examples and some vanity ones.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is a liitle oftop but never the less very interesting since Square Enix showed of their Lightning in Luminous we see a lot of Game Devs working on Similiar Realistic Lightnings and one of the Previous Crytek Devs now working @ Creative Assembly (they made a paper on deferred lightning improvements) showed of some of his CE3 work and this Sky Lightning just blows :)

Thinking about the not so distant future wandering on these kind of scenery in Stereoscopic Virtual Reality (some senses immersed into the World entirely) just blows my mind :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

That looks just like the days a few years ago I spent modding Crysis 1. To see Skyrim in the cryengine 2 would blow my, and everyone else's minds. Just think, destructible environments, that lighting, just, everything. But the power needed to run it.... Nothing less than SLI GTX 690s would do.

Wow guys, all of you who are going for the realistic look and color are doing a really amazing job at it!

Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow tweak depth of field so it blurs out the ugliness of distant trees and objects (lod)

like this screenshot

or does Boris actually have to implement such a function into the .dll ?

Chade wrote:Wow guys, all of you who are going for the realistic look and color are doing a really amazing job at it!

Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow tweak depth of field so it blurs out the ugliness of distant trees and objects (lod)

I believe there are mods on the nexus that add in a permanent depth of field effect in the background to blur out the distance if that's what your trying to do, alternatively i increase the float fFocusBias in the enbeffectprepass file to add a distance dof effect, higher the value the more noticeable the effect and the closer the effect is to the player.... im probably wrong about that tho and that is not what tht is intended to do, but it works for me.

EDIT
Not as nice as the enb dof effect but this was the one i found on the nexus
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9503

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

New testy thing im working on (actually i just posted that to freak you all out) hihi ;)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

Johnny5srv
Can you please give me your enb settings? In a file. You screenshots are great.

silverbullet wrote:
Chade wrote:Wow guys, all of you who are going for the realistic look and color are doing a really amazing job at it!

I believe there are mods on the nexus that add in a permanent depth of field effect in the background to blur out the distance if that's what your trying to do, alternatively i increase the float fFocusBias in the enbeffectprepass file to add a distance dof effect, higher the value the more noticeable the effect and the closer the effect is to the player.... im probably wrong about that tho and that is not what tht is intended to do, but it works for me.

EDIT
Not as nice as the enb dof effect but this was the one i found on the nexus
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9503
Hey silver, thanks for your reply.

I checked out the parameter in enb but all it does is blur the whole image, I also checked the nexus mod, it has exactly the same functionality as my blur mod but with a weaker blur value which almost looks like some version of really strong bloom. What I'm looking for is something like this

The blur only stars at a certain distance - which is the same distance that objects start to change into lod, however, as you can see - the image is way too blured and if you change the value to anything less, you will just lose the whole blur effect and get something that looks like really strong bloom (like the mod on nexus), another disadvantage is that the sky also gets really blurry.

Do you know any value in enb that will make the blur effect actually start at a certain distance ingame?

*master*

Guredo wrote:Johnny5srv
Can you please give me your enb settings? In a file. You screenshots are great.
I'm still working on it, so hopefully soon I'll have something for you guys. Even if I'm not entirely happy with it. I'm having some serious night lighting issues I need to figure out.