TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

Wow Jasmin also posted shoots which amaze me :)

Rasterized ? Realtime ?

PMinds Result

wow

PS: Is this some special screenshot mode with ultra High Resolution ?
Last edited by CruNcher on 20 Mar 2012, 11:13, edited 2 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guys, incredible shots all around. Propa, I'm really starting to get anxious now, I like the desaturated look and the harsh light. James, you need to stick to your own style and ENB. Finish it already. Trillville: gnniiiii.

Now I need to pick your brains a little.

First, I want to reduce the glow on the sword lights, so I can actually read the letters. Any tips what tweak I have to twiddle? Can't seem to figure it out...

And now look at the sky in these two shots (that were taken for demonstration purposes). I hate the banding that goes on there. What causes that?

And a couple just for fun:

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*master*

@ midhras

Do u use RCN ? i hade the same problem when i used it !

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

RCN? Colour me noob... I don't know what that is. Realistic Colours and Real Nights? I don't use it, I think. Maybe a lost esp from an ENB mod... I'll check. Thanks for the tip.

More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*master*

midhras wrote:RCN? Colour me noob... I don't know what that is. Realistic Colours and Real Nights? I don't use it, I think. Maybe a lost esp from an ENB mod... I'll check. Thanks for the tip.
Sorry my Fail now i see what u mean, the glowing in the middle on the sword. Could be a Normalmap Fail, looks it same in Vanilla ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No it's fine when I toggle off my ENB. I'm guessing it's oversaturated.
The problem in the skies are not RCRN-related. I'm stumped as to what setting controls it. I get it only in darkness, not in light weather. ANYONE?

-- Oh no edit! The plot thickens: I get the sky-banding even when my ENB is turned off! And if you're seeing it as well, it can't be my monitor.

EDIT 2: It seems I'm not the only one getting this. Maybe it's always been there and I've only noticed it now.
Last edited by midhras on 20 Mar 2012, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

midhras wrote: -- Oh no edit! The plot thickens: I get the sky-banding even when my ENB is turned off! And if you're seeing it as well, it can't be my monitor.
Mh sorry m8 i dont see any banding on ur Sky.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Indeed, the banding in the sky also exists in vanilla game if you look closely and some ENB configs only make it more apparent in certain weather conditions. I haven't looked into CK to see if there's anything that can be done about it. I usually notice the issue in clear weather if I look towards the vault of heaven or whatever that is called.

As for the sword, my guess is it's probably caused by a badly made specular map by the modder. Because the effect is not that pronounced in the vanilla game, some modders like to go over-the-top with the specularity.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@kiacola - I've sent you a PM with my enb config. Could you please test it and let me know what you think?

@cruNcher - For those "Ultra High Res" shots, most people are simply increasing the Field Of View using console command. ("FOV 20" for example)
Doing this helps to remove ailiasing and capture details on whatever it is the camera is focused in on. Other than that, lighting is probably the largest factor that comes into play with most of those shots.
The right lighting matched with proper field of view can do wonders for a screen capture. :) Using a weather trainer mod helps a lot as well.

Where's the line to lower the red intensity? it gets red only where fire and torches are

And some random: