S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl

Can you post which enb you are using? Then i can look into it.
As for the weapon blur, try these settings in enbeffectprepass.fx:

Code: Select all

#define fFocusBias 0.18
#define fDofCutoff 0.95
#define fDofBias 0.4
You can play with these values to adjust the dof.
Well those setting indeed made my gun clear, but it also removed any close-up dof like when looking at fences, people, cars etc. Any way to keep my my close up dof ( like mentioned before) and make my gun look clear? I tried tweaking with it myself, but could'nt get it to work. As for my ENB i really dont remember which one i'm using i think it was a mixture of SendeRukur's ENB and someone else's, but it may as well be just his ENB that i tweaked a little bit. After dozens of times of placing different ENB's and their combinations with the hope that one of them will work i really can't remember. But i can upload it for you.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5b2z3x
Here it is, in all of it's yellow'y "glory".

I was also wondering if it was normal for items like those wooden crates and anything the players uses (binoculars, weapons, bolts...) to turn pitch black even in shades and buildings ( especially the ones that are barely dark at all). i'd really like to solve it, if someone could tell me the answer mabye i could actually start playing this game...
Here is some comparison pics ( how objects look in interiors with ENB and without)

P.S. A little off topic question - does anyone know how to keep the ability to loot corpses after autumn aurora patch 2.04?

@doof
No aa. These were downsampled from very high resolution (5875x2500). It's just for screenshotting, you can't really play at those resolutions.

@ simas290
close dof: Afaik it's not possible to get a clear weapon and some close dof at the same time.

dark areas: this enb can't render static lighting, so what you see is mostly normal behavior. But the black boxes in your pics, especially in the last one, are strange. Can't explain that.

enb problems: I really don't know what the problem is. One reason could be the enbeffectprepass.fx, i'm using a stripped down version of midhras' enb. So you could try to use all the files from my enb and replace the included enbeffectprepass.fx with the one you are currently using, and see if that works. Also the enbseries.ini you are using is from fallout3/new vegas and doesn't work with this game. At least the most effects won't get applied.
The yellow color comes from the enbpalette.bmp. You can delete this file or replace it with mine or another to change the tonemapping.

Definitly last trip to the zone for al long time.

http://imgur.com/a/Pezoq

brussell wrote:Image
wow, looks massive :)

Enb off
Enb on

Last edited by Doof on 03 May 2014, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

Brussell, check the PM on the Moddb please.

@ simas290
The black crates issue has been in the vanilla game forever, especially with those two, nothing to worry here.

@ Brussels
What DOF settings did you use for those last screens (Seems so smooooth compared to vanilla Matso)? And are your brightness (and/or contrast) settings atm different from the standard settings that come with your config? Do you use any sv_setweather commands for your screens?

Im having a hard time lately fully enjoying the game with AA2 + ENB because its raining ALL THE TIME for me, and in the stormy weather it gets super dark and nasty...

EDIT: Brussels, could you pls just upload your current profile? pretty please?

@NocturnalAristocrat

Dof-settings are those in my enbeffectprepass.fx under "stronger dof". And yes, the recent screenshots use some modified values and sweetfx (and setweather commands from vandrerer several posts ago). I've uploaded a new preset, which comes close to this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3m5iql

Keep in mind that I downsized the shots from 5875x2500, therefore the clean and aliasing-free look.

*sensei*

Lost Alfa, gentelmen.

not much so far, havent finished tweaking :P

AgainstAllAutority wrote:Lost Alfa, gentelmen.
not bad! looking forward to new screens! ;)

*sensei*

Doof wrote:not bad!
thanks!
Doof wrote: looking forward to new screens! ;)
it is inevitable!

aaand link for settings - YandexDisk, please check readme 1st - instalation got few tricks to make it look not horrible.