New users, please be careful with antispam system, for you allowed image hosts are imgur.com, imageshack.us, tinypic.com
It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:27

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 13:36 

Hi.
I notice that playing at 30 or below 50fps most my games makes "double image",when i rotate camera the image is very unclear and it looks like two same frames are displayed at the same time or maybe last frame is still not cleared from the monitor and another goes on top. Why this is happening?Is there any solution to avoid this ? another thing I notice when playing on a console at 30fps "double image effect" is not noticeable.
here i made a good example of "double image" or whatever it is .
Skyrim : at the beginning 60fps \in the middle of video 30fps\and at the end 60fps to see the difference
http://www.mediafire.com/?j0jfzowyp5rzve4
Deus ex : 30fps locked
http://www.mediafire.com/?7fvnx1tnae56sb9
Alan Wake : 30fps locked
http://www.mediafire.com/?nhoa4r5b5skfntg

Last edited by laimis911 on 19 Feb 2012, 13:44, edited 7 times in total.

Tomoko
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 18:00 

maybe you did not include a vertical sync?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 19:38 

LivarFox wrote:
maybe you did not include a vertical sync?
I've tried everything ,normal Vsync ,triple buffering , I have exactly same card like you have HD6870 and all games on my rig runs fine at 50-60fps ,but if I'm try to lock my fps to between 30-40 with any fps limiter my all games stutters like in video of Skyrim

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2012, 21:48 

Strangely enough, I do not have vertical sync enabled, FPS jumps depending on the situation in the scene.
http://youtu.be/DB1VBYaVcfE (limit of 60 fps recording Fraps).

Maybe you should try to change some settings in Skyrim.ini. Something to do with the buffer. Share your configuration files of both =) try to solve your problem.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 01:39 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's no vertical syncronization artifact. The stuttering is different by nature and how it looks and relative to multithreading problems.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 21:02 

I notice that i have some stuttering when I'm dragging open folder or any video player through desktop ,no wonder why I'm having stuttering in games ,but can't find any solution and the problem is with every single game which can't keep up with my refresh rate . some people can't even notice and don't know what is stuttering exactly . usually they think that stuttering and lag is the same thing which i found in many forums . Maybe i need to get back to Windows XP from Windows 7 and see is this problem not related to my OS .

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 00:11 

here is another video ,game called Deus Ex: Human Revolution locked at 30fps . my PC can run this game at 60-50fps but it would be interesting to know why this is happening at 30fps because some of the games my system is not capable to run at 60fps

http://www.mediafire.com/?7fvnx1tnae56sb9

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 03:27 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Quote:
I notice that i have some stuttering when I'm dragging open folder or any video player through desktop

This is how no vertical sync looks like. Also hardware drawed overlay surfaces. Ignore this, it happen frequenly for video software as they using overlay to increase performance a bit.

From video i guess it's related to reading from hdd. Turn off antivirus and check if at those lags led of hdd activity is blinking. Also this can be wrong multithreading code (as deus ex have same shit as skyrim), run the game with my patch for it and/or in application manager force to it single core only.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 10:15 

ENBSeries wrote:
Quote:
This is how no vertical sync looks like. Also hardware drawed overlay surfaces. Ignore this, it happen frequenly for video software as they using overlay to increase performance a bit.

From video i guess it's related to reading from hdd. Turn off antivirus and check if at those lags led of hdd activity is blinking. Also this can be wrong multithreading code (as deus ex have same shit as skyrim), run the game with my patch for it and/or in application manager force to it single core only.
thanks for you help but I already uninstalled few days ago antivirus,HDD seems working good,no difference between switching 1 or 4 cores ,my main problem is that Skyrim and Deus EX are not exceptional games but all games in general doing this double image effect if my FPS are locked below 50 ,here is another game Alan Wake

http://www.mediafire.com/?nhoa4r5b5skfntg

and I can keep recording every game I have ,they all stutters at locked 30fps same way

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 14:21 
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If forced to single core do the same, then it's not because of multicore problems (and even not installed cpu patch, if required). Btw i didn't saw "double image effect" from deus ex video and from skyrim, it just lagging at some moments. That doubling (as described at first post) is only by horizon divided? Then it's vertical sync, perhaps disabled in nvidia control panel or catalyst control center (force enable it or choose application controlled). From video you see the same artifact, because video surface also not syncronized to monitor refresh rate. I'm using CRT display, but i guess that no vsync looks very ugly on lcd (inertial too much).