Registration for Prpn's CEC (Comprehensive ENB Comparison)

about everything
  • Author

Registration for Prpn's CEC (Comprehensive ENB Comparison)

Hey everyone :D

This is my thread where I will be taking the names of all the ENBs that want to be entered into my CEC Project. If you'd just kindly leave the name of your ENB(s) and links to them here, that'd be greatly appreciated. All credit will be given to you, the creator, as I have no intention of claiming any as my own. I am merely doing this as a good source of information for people when looking for ENBs for different lighting / weather mods.

What is the aim of the project?
The aim of the project is to give people an in-depth guide to look at when selecting an ENB, regardless of what lighting / weather mod they're using. We have many amazing ENB's out there, and not enough clarification on what works well with what, I intend to change that, so that your fantastic ENB can reach more people.

How are you going to do that?
Every ENB I review will be given a heap of screenshots to serve as a visual comparison between vanilla, RLWC, and CoT. There will be static shots, animated gifs, and video reviews for every single ENB I review. After all these media assests are done I will also be doing a big write-up on the ENB. NO ENB WILL HAVE A SCORE GIVEN. ENBs are all about personal preference, and assigning each a score would defeat the purpose of my informative project. Rather, I will classify each ENB into a category I think will fit people best (Warm, Saturated, Realistic, Cold, Cinematic, etc.)

Why should I allow you to review my ENB?
The sole purpose of this project is to get your work out to the people that admire it, and desire to use it. The current lack of information regarding ENBs and how they work with different mods limits the amount of people that access it. I want to bring more people to your ENB, and show off how great it really is.

Thankyou :mrgreen:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Registration for Prpn's CEC (Comprehensive ENB Compariso

Omg man, this is the ultimate way to review ENB's. I hope you stick with it and don't give up after the first 100 hours of work!

Here are some ENB's I think you should review:
1. Imvisio
2. Opethfeldt6
3. Synergy 01c
4. Vibrancy ENB
5. ENPM 4-0
6. Midhrastic 2.7RC
7. Fedorrz's RCRN 3.0 (Legacy)
8. TV 2-5
9. Fimbulvinter
10. TKF ENB Cinematic
11. Kalicola's Enhanced Graphics ENB Beta 4
12. ENB Next Generation 3.0
13. Eldyvision ENB Beta
14. Quietcool ENB
15. Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX
16. Winterfell V3 (Soon to be Grim Gem)
17. Skyrim Enhanced Shader FX
18. Akibo red (and unred)

Heyho Prpnnightmare,

very cool project idea. As evok99 already mentioned Winterfell ENB should (hopefully) be worth a look. I made a compatibility version for Climates of Tamriel found under misc. files here in the downlaod section:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19661/

Please note that I did this rather quickly and on a slightly older version of Winterfell ENB. In the coming days I will realease the succssessor to Winterfell ENB: Grim Gem ENB and I will also do a compatibilty version of that one for Climates of Tamriel.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is VERY ambitious.. I like it :D Please feel free to review my ENB, I'm looking forward to that :)

Latest version BETA 6 here
http://www.2shared.com/file/WGD3Cy-g/Ka ... s_ENB.html

Good luck with this, and please don't give up on it :)

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

youngneil1 wrote:Heyho Prpnnightmare,

very cool project idea. As evok99 already mentioned Winterfell ENB should (hopefully) be worth a look. I made a compatibility version for Climates of Tamriel found under misc. files here in the downlaod section:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19661/

Please note that I did this rather quickly and on a slightly older version of Winterfell ENB. In the coming days I will realease the succssessor to Winterfell ENB: Grim Gem ENB and I will also do a compatibilty version of that one for Climates of Tamriel.
Hey man, I'll test out both versions. I played through with Winterfell ENB a bit and it was really awesome. A great change in mood and atmosphere from the typically warm and saturated ENBs I play with, really enjoyed it.

kalicola wrote:This is VERY ambitious.. I like it :D Please feel free to review my ENB, I'm looking forward to that :)

Latest version BETA 6 here
http://www.2shared.com/file/WGD3Cy-g/Ka ... s_ENB.html

Good luck with this, and please don't give up on it :)
Absolutely I will! The screenshots look amazing, can't wait to spend some time with it.
evok99 wrote:Omg man, this is the ultimate way to review ENB's. I hope you stick with it and don't give up after the first 100 hours of work!

Here are some ENB's I think you should review:
1. Imvisio
2. Opethfeldt6
3. Synergy 01c
4. Vibrancy ENB
5. ENPM 4-0
6. Midhrastic 2.7RC
7. Fedorrz's RCRN 3.0 (Legacy)
8. TV 2-5
9. Fimbulvinter
10. TKF ENB Cinematic
11. Kalicola's Enhanced Graphics ENB Beta 4
12. ENB Next Generation 3.0
13. Eldyvision ENB Beta
14. Quietcool ENB
15. Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX
16. Winterfell V3 (Soon to be Grim Gem)
17. Skyrim Enhanced Shader FX
18. Akibo red (and unred)
Thanks for the big list man :D I'll be reviewing everyone of them, however I'd be hesitant to post the reviews in my guide until the authors approve it. Just because I know some people may not want their work reviewed, or may not respect me posting it up without them knowing. I definitely won't be quitting! I'll be starting tonight with Opethfeldts ENB as it's the one I'm currently playing with :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Imho such information will be lost here, so better after making it, post on the site (you can make your own). Another problem is that setting are always in progress (when i change version also) and guess many creators develop several presets which they like, this increase amount of work for you. May be better to keep cool mind and put away temporary enthusiasm? Look at the gtaforums.com thread of gta4 screenshots, there are hundred of presets and the same will be with skyrim, but most of users are gone. This is just games, new and better will be released, new mod i'll develop and stop making skyrim version. What is the best, to play, create own mods and install other mods or run this job?

First.
The idea is excellent.

Second.
Bad things are:
1) Skyrim is not final version, it can be updated any day, which would lead to new bugs and ENB changes.
(May be I am wrong here, I do not follow bugthesda news.)
2) ENB mod is not final, it is updated from time to time.
3) Presets fow ENB are updated from time to time too.
4) There can be hundreds/millions of presets.
5) There are thousands of different skyrim mods, whics can change the ingame view even without enbseries.
6) A single person cannot track all these changes and make previews, it is a HUGE amount of time and effort.

Third.
The solution is:
1) Create a site, where users and authors can register and upload their own screenshots in their mod directory.
2) Make 20 savegames in different locations and different daytime and put them at site available to download.
2a) Optional. May be you should consider limiting the screens to those, made with vanilla game only. I mean Vanilla skyrim + custom enb. Otherwise there can be problems with savegames because of mods, and different look if screens because of mods.
3) All authors download savegames and make their 20 screens at these predefined locations with their enb settings, then upload them to site.
4) Random user, seeking for enb settings, comes to website, chooses a location(1 of 20, remember?) and gets a list of screenshots(thumbnails?), including vanilla version. Then he can compare, choose, download.
5) ???
6) PROFIT!!!

aaaa wrote:First.
The idea is excellent.

Second.
Bad things are:
1) Skyrim is not final version, it can be updated any day, which would lead to new bugs and ENB changes.
(May be I am wrong here, I do not follow bugthesda news.)
2) ENB mod is not final, it is updated from time to time.
3) Presets fow ENB are updated from time to time too.
4) There can be hundreds/millions of presets.
5) There are thousands of different skyrim mods, whics can change the ingame view even without enbseries.
6) A single person cannot track all these changes and make previews, it is a HUGE amount of time and effort.

Third.
The solution is:
1) Create a site, where users and authors can register and upload their own screenshots in their mod directory.
2) Make 20 savegames in different locations and different daytime and put them at site available to download.
2a) Optional. May be you should consider limiting the screens to those, made with vanilla game only. I mean Vanilla skyrim + custom enb. Otherwise there can be problems with savegames because of mods, and different look if screens because of mods.
3) All authors download savegames and make their 20 screens at these predefined locations with their enb settings, then upload them to site.
4) Random user, seeking for enb settings, comes to website, chooses a location(1 of 20, remember?) and gets a list of screenshots(thumbnails?), including vanilla version. Then he can compare, choose, download.
5) ???
6) PROFIT!!!
This is actually an amazingly good idea. I had already noted that i'd have to be including versions numbers of mods being used, ENBs being used, etc, but your idea is absolutely brilliant. Stay tuned for more development on this front everyone, and thankyou for the feedback!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't wait to see the results!

Just to keep everyone updated, I'll be registering a site withing the following fortnight and getting the design up and going. Already started work in the background, and installed Vanilla Skyrim to create the save files. :)