TES Skyrim 0.144

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.144

Boris
Updated my available setup on Nexus to .144.
Your last SSAO code is absolutely :shock: when using full scales.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

@Svarog: Maybe because SSAO/SSIL is disabled when using Hardware AA? ;)

CPU: i7 3770K @ 3,4 GHz (3,9 GHz with Turbo); RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz; GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix; Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 3; SSD: Samsung 830 128 GB; HDD: 2 TB

*sensei*

This version looks amazing, Boris! And I'm now getting a stable 30 FPS, too! You've outdone yourself this time. :)

My current system was really struggling with the .13x releases. It was so bad I had to disable DOF to be playable. This version gave me the couple extra fps i needed to turn DOF back on and I have a couple fps to spare. Impressed.

Much less SSAO noise than previous versions. I have not adjusted my sizescales or filterquality yet to push things for the sake of improved FPS. The current performance gains have made that unnecessary so far.

In certain lighting situations, like standing in front of fireplaces, I'm seeing SSAO/IL interact negatively with the shadow fixes, but I think it's because I need to better tune the AO amount/intensity.

No bugs yet found. Very happy. Thanks B. великолепный

Just wanted to say the new reflection parameters make reflections look great. SSAO loooks even better and performs much better overall excellent no bugs at all so far and best performance and looks. Thank you very much :D

Boris,

Would it be too difficult to include some debug options, such as the image in your first post, or in the videos here and here? To see AO-only would help us tweak our settings better, and maybe same with Skylighting and Reflections. To see Specularity-only would help us find objects with incorrect specular maps and release fixes (such as Mindflux's resource package), and also seeing AO-only would help us find objects with incorrect alpha blending settings, such as the doors and market stands in Solitude that were invisible to the depth buffer effects.

I assume this is already in the DLL in some capacity unless maybe you take it out before each release. If having these options in the DLL would hurt performance maybe a separate debug DLL could be included.

Also, I wonder if you could comment on the terrain splatting in Skyrim. There are different techniques such as using alpha or height to blend terrain textures. Skyrim still seems to lack proper splatting but I cannot tell for sure. Maybe a lot of textures just lack alpha maps. In Oblivion, someone released this shader that added better splatting, so the terrain no longer blurred together, and used alpha maps instead. I edited the alphas to test, and the terrain splatting appears to ignore it. Even worse, it appears to use vertex alpha blending. I thought like how you fixed the parallax mapping that fixing this might interest you.

Tywele wrote:@Svarog: Maybe because SSAO/SSIL is disabled when using Hardware AA? ;)
I never used SSAO in the previous versions either.

0.144 just runs way smoother even tho i'm stressing the system more wuth 4x MSAA and 2 x SuperSampling.

The rest of the settings are all the same as before. Ultra Skyrim (Shadows High). And i'm getting 55 FPS when closing in on Riverwood now, and before that was 45 FPS.

r42

Noticed that ssao and reflections not working in interiors, is it only for me?

*master*

r42 wrote:Noticed that ssao and reflections not working in interiors, is it only for me?
Reflection does work in interiors. Look at a silver plate or cup or just bump up the power value to 10 and youll see.
SSAO in interiors does work but is much less pronounced as there is not much ambient light to cause SSAO effects or smth like that (it's intended by Boris to work that way).

@Oyama
Do you get 50-60 FPS stable while downsampling?

144 is great, thanks Boris.

I do have three things to ask if I may. Has anyone done any extensive testing comparing enb's Edge AA and Skyrim's built in 2x AA? I assume both will work correctly with SSAO and not CCC's or NCP's AA.

And the next thing is not for enb 144 directly and more of a noobish question but I'd thought I'd ask. I still get the reddish tint to my character's face and neck I assume from subsurfacescattering. No matter what I change it's still there. Since vegation has its own section is there something else I need to do? Or is it just a placeholder since it's using the same variable names? But I have tried changing both to limited success.

Lastly, I believe I'm still using SSAO type 0. Was there a performance increase over 143? Is there a performance different between type 0 and 1?

Sorry for all the questions. :P