TES Skyrim 0.155

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.155

I noticed some odd stuff with parallax 1.53-1.55, maybe earlier i am not sure. So it might have been mention before :) Was having a look around Proudspire Manor with 1.55 and in the staircase to 2nd floor and few other places parallax seem to turn itself off / "flatten out" @ certain angels and stay off until u pan more. Not very important i think, but it looks kinda funny cause it makes the walls with parallax move up and down, while the wall parts without parallax stay still^^
Also maybe known i am not sure. Candlelight spell have a really odd effect on lightning sometimes when moving around 1st floor Proudspire it lights up and darkens diff sections of the floor very oddly. Also other places in the house but not that many/frequent. Have not noticed any other building/caves that does this with parallax or candlelight spell, thou i havent had time to check alot yet. Ill look around some more thou :)
About rain i paired two small drops in photoshop to 32x64 size, it gave actually nice effect but it seemd alittle laggy even @60 fps. Alittle higher stretch and subtle transparency boost helped alittle thou. I guess there are better ways doing this, just something i tried:)

PS: *cough* sorry for wall of text:>

*sensei*

Are you using "Project Parallax - Solitude" for Proudspire?
I had the candlelight/torch problem too, but i'm using ELFX, RLO and some spell altering mods. Can't be in a test group with this xD

*sensei*

I use all 5 Project parallax mods but no light or spell alteration mods :) Still adjusting enb so i thought it would be wise to not add any such mods until I was almost done with it. Might try alvor´s dynamic shadow or similar when done. I like the light adjustment on just ENB alone very much, and trying to adapt current settings to it:> Thou I use a palette I made myself, still no modded fx files. Might have a look at the custom prepass made by gp65cj04 for fun later, it looks very nice :D

PS: I do ofcourse use Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB by mindflux ;)

Yersinia79 wrote:I noticed some odd stuff with parallax 1.53-1.55, maybe earlier i am not sure. So it might have been mention before :) Was having a look around Proudspire Manor with 1.55 and in the staircase to 2nd floor and few other places parallax seem to turn itself off / "flatten out" @ certain angels and stay off until u pan more. Not very important i think, but it looks kinda funny cause it makes the walls with parallax move up and down, while the wall parts without parallax stay still^^
I had this bug too, since 1.46, the game ran pretty smooth, 60 FPS with every ENB effects, and in most interiors, at some camera angles I had huge frame drops (20-30 FPS and low GPU usage) and parallax disabled. Only way to had FPS back was to handle a Torch with dynamic shadows, or a spell, with dynamic shadows as well.

After 1 hour of several tests with many old presets I did (up to 1.17), I finally found it came from the Detailled Shadows' UseBilateralShadowFilter setting that was set to true.

Setting it to false gave my FPS back and I assume Parallax too (haven't tryed it in a parallax interior yet, but I'm 90% sure it's tied as both FPS and parallax changed at the same time).

I don't know what this option does, no visual change except that huge FPS drop and parallax fix bug.

Just set UseBilateralShadowFilter to false and that should be it :)

*sensei*

Thank you for the tip :)
Did a quick test with 1.55 only @ same place. Staircase up to 2nd floor in the manor:>
"when parallax disables @ certain angles"
UseBilateralShadowFilter=True
-10 fps average
UseBilateralShadowFilter=False
+10 up to 20 fps average

PS: Just a thought, does this mean all shadow effects trigger properly including the filter set to true when parallax is disabled? Since we get a drop with the filter on:>

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yersinia79
Flickering light sources especially with mods like Spells Give Off Light is a vanilla issue that's caused by an engine limitation of four shadow-casting light sources. Apparently, any face of a mesh can only be lit by four shadow-casters, and if more are present, there will be flickering. The only known work-around is to split the meshes by hand around the problematic areas, but as you can imagine, it's not a very practical solution. Don't really know why you'd experience this issue with Candlelight Spell, but it's possible if the spell gives off shadow-casting light.

Grrreat to hear you found my patch useful :D

Yersinia79 wrote: PS: Just a thought, does this mean all shadow effects trigger properly including the filter set to true when parallax is disabled? Since we get a drop with the filter on:>
I don't think so, when I get the FPS drop and parallax bug, I also get less CPU and GPU usage, as if there was some limiter or a bug, and shadows are still the same.
And when I use my dynamic shadow torch, everything runs better without the bug.

Maybe this happens only when there's no dynamic light casting shadows in the area and UseBilateralShadowFilter is set to true.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Bilateral shadow filter developed for that users who don't touch skyrimprefs.ini, blame yourself for performance drops.

This is anoying i cant write a comment on this forum because it say i am a new user and that my post look spamy....

At the game launcher it tell me that i am missing a D3DX9_43 Anyone got a clue why it is asking me that

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, have you installed the latest DirectX runtime? This one: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35