TES Skyrim 0.200

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.200

I have ugridstoload=125 because my video card with 32gb vram can hold it.

*sensei*

--JawZ-- wrote:About them being static meshes because the engine renders the waterfalls LOD's instead of the full mesh?

Test what and how exactly?
Isn't that where

Code: Select all

fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist
comes in?
joshezzell wrote:What values for cell buffer are best for the different ugrids settings?
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/127492 ... ult-57911/
There's some convinient reading here. ;)

I think someone in this thread had a similar problem before, but I didn't see if/how they solved it. When I try to use the enbhost (via Reduce System Memory flag), indoor cells work great but outdoors my framerate drops below 10. I've tried several values of reserved memory (256, 512, 768) but there's no difference in outdoor framerate. I've also tried different combinations of the enblocal memory flags, but the only thing that seems to affect it is the one that turns on enbhost.

(Actually, I haven't tried turning unsafe memory hacks on, based in what Boris has said in this thread. I also don't think I've tried turning off ExpandSystemMemoryx64, but my understanding was that it should be on. Maybe I was wrong?)

For the record this is Windows 8 x64, and I have 16GB system RAM and 3GB VRAM (radeon 7950).
Looking at my AIDA64 log from when Skyrim was running at low fps with enbhost, my "static VRAM usage" is recorded as ~2.5gb, whereas "dynamic VRAM usage" jumps up to >1.5gb. Without enbhost, static VRAM is basically maxed out, as it usually is in Skyrim, and dynamic is essentially nil (actually, today was the first time I'd ever seen the numbers in that column change).

Assuming dynamic VRAM means system memory that has been allocated to the gpu, enbhost seems to be doing something, but I'm trying to figure out why it's having a negative effect. I'm hoping someone will be able to immediately point out something really stupid I'm doing, because I'm pretty sure I don't have a good understanding of how this should be working...

*sensei*

spameroo wrote:I think someone in this thread had a similar problem before, but I didn't see if/how they solved it. When I try to use the enbhost (via Reduce System Memory flag), indoor cells work great but outdoors my framerate drops below 10.
I saw a posting that was related to the shadow config either resolution or quality being too high.

Does anyone have a problem with the bow aiming while on a horse with the FixPhysics=true? When this is true on my PC, the aiming cross cannot go up to aim on a far object. When I set it to false, the aiming came back to normal. EDIT: I reloaded a save with FixPhysics=true, and aiming on horse is working again. This might be an old Skyrim bug.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

The game runs great and I can load any area quickly, with no issues of running close to memory cap or anything. The only problem I have is that some saves won't load when opening the game from desktop. The game loads up the correct amount of memory that should be used for that save (same as when it was closed), but then hangs for a long time before crashing eventually. The I/O during this time drops to under 100kb/s, but stays around that, and the loading object keeps moving back and forth as normal. The lore quotes even change during this time. To be clear, the game runs great during the session that was saved, but then loading it back up fails. I have tried every combination of v-synch, fullscreen/forced window, and frame rate limiters, and tried different settings/combinations for the ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true, ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, DisableDriverMemoryManager=true, ReservedMemorySizeMb=512, FixPhysics=true, and I have disabled effect for enb and set UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false, et cetera.

I have set everything to run as administrator, and I have also tried toggling on the LAA flag for enbhost.exe. They are both set at high priority and have been set to high priority IO access using process hacker.

The only solution I have found is to find a save that does load, then load into the one that would not. It seems to work when loading after already getting the game to load some other area, but not when loading right when opening the game. The trouble maker saves right now are anywhere near Solitude on the outside of the gate (I have tried multiple save locations standing in various spots between Solitude and the carriages, and overlooking the town below), and also inside Whiterun.

I am using a fresh game save with texture and UI mods, and the unofficial patchs, and those have all worked fine together the rest of the time (good fps, no stutters, quick load times between areas). I have 4gb of video ram and 20gb of system ram, and the game never exceeds 2gb of system ram with this set up. uGrids are 5 with 36 buffer, nothing fancy there (even though it works fine when tested at 11uGrid / 144 buffercells when playing another fresh game, rather than trying to load back into it from desktop). I have been running around between Helgrem and Whiterun; everywhere in that wilderness and up to the gates of Whiterun is loading fine when saved, but when I tried to load the save where I stepped inside the hold it will not work (when loading after closing and re-opening the game). I do not know what the spots have in common, and it seems more like it is random to me. I have not tried a huge range of places to get any real pattern.

It almost seems like the enb memory fixes aren't being engaged when loading a saved game from first launching the game, but kick in after loading a game or when making a new game. Or something is getting thrown into an infinite loop. But I don't know how enb works internally, so that is just what it looks like.

Next a second note: enbhost.exe never seems to get bigger than 1 to 4mb if I raise ReservedMemorySizeMb to 1024. I am not sure if that means it isn't being needed or that it isn't getting called right for higher values. I have tried that in various scenarios, including fresh games, and its the same always.

I am not sure what technical information would be useful to send. I doubt you want to read dxdiag's, and I don't think papyrus logs or performance monitor screenshots will help here (everything looks normal, the game just doesn't transition from being all loaded up into memory to showing it on the screen). A BOSS report? Wrye Bash patch notes?

Third note: uGrids make a huge visual difference, so I am not sure why they aren't working for you Dorak. Maybe it has to do with your LOD's. You did at least get some kind of giant spider web or something appear in the mountains, so that's a difference.

Here is a typical load attempt where everything will reach the right amount of data loaded up compared to the values when the game was saved, and then wait indefinitely rather than transition into the game.

Name------------TESV.exe-----enbhost.exe
Working Set-----1.19 GB------451.17 MB
CPU--------------2.38%--------4%
Private Bytes----1.25 GB------48.81 MB
Handles----------512------------25
GPU Dedicated--863.44 MB----NA
GPU Shared-----5.63 MB-------NA
GDI Handles-----76-------------4
I/O Total Rate---119.98 kB/s--16 B/s
Threads----------28-------------1

*sensei*

edwyn wrote:The only problem I have is that some saves won't load when opening the game from desktop. It almost seems like the enb memory fixes aren't being engaged when loading a saved game from first launching the game.
The enbhost.exe memory usage steadily went up as Skyrim loaded a save, so ENB is being engaged.

I've been having a similar problem since Bethesda's HD pack became 3 files, and Skyrim would exit to desktop when trying to load a save. This happened more often on an interior saved file than exterior. I got tired of this problem and saw 02 file was compressed 5GB to 1.8GB, so I repackaged those 3 bsa files and that stopped the issue on my PC. This does not mean my method would fix all save load crash, but Skyrim might encounter issue trying to uncompress a large number of mod's bsa files that might be heavily compressed.
Last edited by skysan4298 on 08 Aug 2013, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*sensei*

Dorak
Regardless of the arguments in the previous pages, i am only curious about "where" you are putting the uGridsToLoad= line?
skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.ini ?
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

Dorak wrote:
you know you might be right, he probably got the skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini files in his game folder, instead of deleting them.
You will have to find something else. Or return to shitposting, fits you incredibly well.
Don't tell me you are f***ing using a 'Mod Organizer' and editing ini files outside the program?

edwyn wrote:The game runs great and I can load any area quickly, with no issues of running close to memory cap or anything. The only problem I have is that some saves won't load when opening the game from desktop. The game loads up the correct amount of memory that should be used for that save (same as when it was closed), but then hangs for a long time before crashing eventually. The I/O during this time drops to under 100kb/s, but stays around that, and the loading object keeps moving back and forth as normal. The lore quotes even change during this time. To be clear, the game runs great during the session that was saved, but then loading it back up fails. I have tried every combination of v-synch, fullscreen/forced window, and frame rate limiters, and tried different settings/combinations for the ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true, ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, DisableDriverMemoryManager=true, ReservedMemorySizeMb=512, FixPhysics=true, and I have disabled effect for enb and set UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false, et cetera.

I have set everything to run as administrator, and I have also tried toggling on the LAA flag for enbhost.exe. They are both set at high priority and have been set to high priority IO access using process hacker.

The only solution I have found is to find a save that does load, then load into the one that would not. It seems to work when loading after already getting the game to load some other area, but not when loading right when opening the game. The trouble maker saves right now are anywhere near Solitude on the outside of the gate (I have tried multiple save locations standing in various spots between Solitude and the carriages, and overlooking the town below), and also inside Whiterun.

I am using a fresh game save with texture and UI mods, and the unofficial patchs, and those have all worked fine together the rest of the time (good fps, no stutters, quick load times between areas). I have 4gb of video ram and 20gb of system ram, and the game never exceeds 2gb of system ram with this set up. uGrids are 5 with 36 buffer, nothing fancy there (even though it works fine when tested at 11uGrid / 144 buffercells when playing another fresh game, rather than trying to load back into it from desktop). I have been running around between Helgrem and Whiterun; everywhere in that wilderness and up to the gates of Whiterun is loading fine when saved, but when I tried to load the save where I stepped inside the hold it will not work (when loading after closing and re-opening the game). I do not know what the spots have in common, and it seems more like it is random to me. I have not tried a huge range of places to get any real pattern.

It almost seems like the enb memory fixes aren't being engaged when loading a saved game from first launching the game, but kick in after loading a game or when making a new game. Or something is getting thrown into an infinite loop. But I don't know how enb works internally, so that is just what it looks like.

Next a second note: enbhost.exe never seems to get bigger than 1 to 4mb if I raise ReservedMemorySizeMb to 1024. I am not sure if that means it isn't being needed or that it isn't getting called right for higher values. I have tried that in various scenarios, including fresh games, and its the same always.

I am not sure what technical information would be useful to send. I doubt you want to read dxdiag's, and I don't think papyrus logs or performance monitor screenshots will help here (everything looks normal, the game just doesn't transition from being all loaded up into memory to showing it on the screen). A BOSS report? Wrye Bash patch notes?

Third note: uGrids make a huge visual difference, so I am not sure why they aren't working for you Dorak. Maybe it has to do with your LOD's. You did at least get some kind of giant spider web or something appear in the mountains, so that's a difference.

Here is a typical load attempt where everything will reach the right amount of data loaded up compared to the values when the game was saved, and then wait indefinitely rather than transition into the game.

Name------------TESV.exe-----enbhost.exe
Working Set-----1.19 GB------451.17 MB
CPU--------------2.38%--------4%
Private Bytes----1.25 GB------48.81 MB
Handles----------512------------25
GPU Dedicated--863.44 MB----NA
GPU Shared-----5.63 MB-------NA
GDI Handles-----76-------------4
I/O Total Rate---119.98 kB/s--16 B/s
Threads----------28-------------1
I am having exactly the same problem, I have 3.7 Ghz 8GB of RAM and a Titan, I have Skyrim Revisited installed with all textures optimized as in SR-Legendary edition.

Game runs fine and loads fine within the game, but many save games simply won't load from desktop. (Thanks for your trick with loading a save game after finding a save that does load up. That helps a lot and I will try it tonight! If it works I will start playing a new character instead of testing stablility! Going to try deadly combat, sperg & locational damage this time around, I like skyre & asis, but I am tired of running SUM all the time when mucking around modding.)

I've found that the saves that don't load up are those made outside and usually with lots of graphical things going on. Like: When I exit Bleak Fall Barrows and save, that save works fine. BUT if I save as I near Riverwood, the game hangs there on an infinite load screen.

Yes, this used to occur all the time before the advent of ENBoost and it seems fixed mostly with the new ENB versions, but its funny that it occurs only when loading save games from desktop. Any ideas why?

(I am not a noob when it comes to modding, but I was told not to mess with ugrids as it messes up your save games, so I took it as gospel, so I haven't messed with it (the game is crash prone enough as it is!): Can someone more knowledgeable list the pros & cons with increasing ugrids (I assume it has something to do with loading more cells in to memory? but how does it translate on the screen?) and are the cons fixed now with the new ENB versions)

I found also a little problem, tried many times. Installed skyrim redone, when i load save and click ok in the message about respect potion or whatever from skyre = CTD. If i disable ENB that dont happens.