TES Skyrim 0.200

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.200

Thanks for explanation, Boris.

Seems to work fine without enbhost.exe, except for alt+tab (that hasn't worked for several versions for me)...but there is ingame UI and I don't see the point besides uber benchmarking. Was using 700MB in TESV.exe last run, 1600~mb VRAM on 2gb cards so Thanks for improving my gameplay.

EDIT:
Alt+Tab works with

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey folks, i can do one thing which may fix not loading saved games for some locations after mods installed. The idea is to not create objects in video memory when game is loading, but create them when they set to render. Good side is that if you have too much hi-res texture packs and they can't load in to video memory entirely, they will not crash or game will not freeze. Bad side is that first frame after loading will be very long, several seconds to create visible objects in videocard, i don't know how game physics or other parts will react on this (sound glitching could be also). If you saved game when fighting, probably you will die if logic is running independently. Also if you rotate camera, objects which are not loaded yet will be spawned, so stuttering occur. Imagine like you moved 1/3-1/2 of loading time to gameplay. What i really expect from this - almost no issues when cell loading properties modified in skyrimprefs.ini to values impossible to handle by hardware, but most of distant object will have lower detail without full resolution textures. Can't say for sure, because each game copy is unique.
As another trick, when game is loading i can delete VRAM resources if their amount is too high and ReservedMemorySizeMb limit starts to work. The problem in this case is damned multithreading of the game which act very rude when game is loading, i did protection but and see that it works, but this engine is awful scary thing, i can't guarantee anything. So this one simpler and less stuttering, but could be buggy because of data corruption by game threads, first method seems safer by threading, but unknown by physics/logics and everything else (i don't know how to test game response at extremely low fps).
If i'll ignore one of these thicks, then no enough video memory (enough=vramsize-ReservedMemorySizeMb) condition will start to create resources in memory of skyrim process as they are in vanilla game. F.e. installed mods requires 4 gb of vram when loading, but you have only 2 gb and ReservedMemorySizeMb=512mb, then 2.5 gb will be created in ram of skyrim process.

*sensei*

Boris
I think the first one sounds good/safe. I dont have trouble with savegames, but dont mind testing either solution if needed :>

Well if is not hard for you, we are here for test.

*master*

I think the first one is a good idea.
We are here to test ;)
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

Boris your creativity and genius ideas in coding always astonishes and surprises me. :shock:

Ill be more than happy to help with the testing if and when i have time.

Thanks for all your efforts.

@Boris I really like the first idea. I'd rather wait a bit than risk corrupting data. If you have already been working/testing both, of course options to enable/disable either method would be great to try to fix it if one method doesn't work for someone but the other does. I really appreciate how much time you are putting into these fixes and so fast.

I been playing Skyrim last few days and I noticed something. After playing for a while the following usually happens, I'm in exterior area ~50 fps, then enter an interior area 60fps, but when I go back outside my fps is ~15, the only way I found to get back to normal fps is to restart the game. Tried saving then loading, pcb command, continue playing with 15 but usually results in a freeze, nothing worked. I also tried messing with enblocal.ini, more memory, less memory, tried true's and falses, no matter what combination, the above always happens.

Does anyone else experience the same thing? or is it not the Enb causing the issue?

i5 3570k
8gb ram
GTX 660 Ti 3GB VRAM

Excuse me, But does Downloading the latest drivers still disable the effect on Sunrays?

Aminados wrote:I been playing Skyrim last few days and I noticed something. After playing for a while the following usually happens, I'm in exterior area ~50 fps, then enter an interior area 60fps, but when I go back outside my fps is ~15, the only way I found to get back to normal fps is to restart the game. Tried saving then loading, pcb command, continue playing with 15 but usually results in a freeze, nothing worked. I also tried messing with enblocal.ini, more memory, less memory, tried true's and falses, no matter what combination, the above always happens.

Does anyone else experience the same thing? or is it not the Enb causing the issue?

i5 3570k
8gb ram
GTX 660 Ti 3GB VRAM
Usually means that You are using all of your Vram so it slows down. Happened to me too, I turned iMapShadowResolution=4096 to 2048 and didn't have that problem anymore.