TES Skyrim 0.211

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.211

EDIT: OK, I think I found it. I made a minor tweak in my SkyrimPrefs to change the default FOV (fdefaultfov=78) because the game's normal FOV feels like playing on a lunchbox. Reading on the ENBoost page it sounds like changes to SkyrimPrefs.ini are not supported.

Sorry, this was supposed to be an edit.

*master*

Jafin16 wrote:Oyama, you're right, there is no way anybody is gonna miss that Boris!

Here's the weird thing though... I just wanted to see the warning message so I enabled proxy functions and used an old SMAA injector I had lying around on my system. All settings were right, but the warning wouldn't come up. I was a bit baffled so I tried a SweetFX suite I had. Redid the proxy functions and no warning... I became curious and made sure I had 0.211 installed and I did, but just to be extra sure I redownloaded and tried again. No warning with SweetFX. So I thought maybe Opethfeldt did something really weird or these injectors aren't working for some reason. I uninstalled Opeth's and installed K ENB with 0.211... Then I got a BIG HUGE WARNING!!! So, for some reason, I wasn't getting warned. I'm gonna reinstall Opeth's enb but leave Kyo's SweetFX and enable it in the proxy and see if I get the warning.

I find it odd that I had to TRY to get the warning while others can't get it to go away. Weird. I'll edit this and let you know if I get the warning with same SweetFX but different preset. You'd think that wouldn't make a difference... *shrugs* I'll update in a couple minutes...
Sounds like you are not setting up the proxy function correctly.. ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix wrote:EDIT: OK, I think I found it. I made a minor tweak in my SkyrimPrefs to change the default FOV (fdefaultfov=78) because the game's normal FOV feels like playing on a lunchbox. Reading on the ENBoost page it sounds like changes to SkyrimPrefs.ini are not supported.

Sorry, this was supposed to be an edit.
Hmmm... that's odd. I have a few tweaks in SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini beyond what's necessary for ENB. Did that actually get rid of the warning?
djuplift wrote:Sounds like you are not setting up the proxy function correctly.. ?
Sorta... see my edit. Silly mistake with an accidental hyphen :P

I've had absolutely no problem with the warning. It's there when I have Oyama's Kountervibe SweetFX proxy settings active, and doesn't show up when its not. I disabled one of my crossfired AMD cards and tested with HiAlgo on and off for giggles, and the warning worked just fine with that as well (on when it needs to be, off when it needs to be).

Playing around with .211 thus far has been just great. Thank you Boris, thanks to you I've installed the over stupid amount of texture packs I've always wanted to install!

Does anyone know where there would be literature/documentation/a guide to port SweetFX settings into ENB in an effect.txt? I'm interested in doing that but not sure where to start (I've only been serious with tweaking ENB since New Vegas so I'm not the best yet)?
Last edited by refusedzero on 26 Aug 2013, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, I get it about 3rd party software....

Now how do we disable the bright white nag screen? I promise to never report any problems.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

roxahris wrote:Lazy preset authors should get off their behinds and get their game looking good the proper way rather than relying on pseudorandom magical image boosting effects in SweetFX to do it for them.

But here's a version of LumaSharpen ported to effect.txt I've used for those who complained.
Nicely put but it's unfortunately not only lazy preset authors who overestimate it and don't understand that they fighting with it against something themselves cause in case of Skyrim @ least ;)
Fooling the HVS is a nice thing no doubt but in Motion it wont work anyways but most preset authors and that's the major problem don't care about motion they so to say live in a entire Spatial world ;)
Last edited by CruNcher on 26 Aug 2013, 07:58, edited 3 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mallimoosh wrote:Hey, I get it about 3rd party software....

Now how do we disable the bright white nag screen? I promise to never report any problems.
The only way is to not use any 3rd party software. So... learn to love it? Try to use it to start to learn a new language? I think I counted 11 on there, so you've got variety :)

Jafin16 wrote:
mallimoosh wrote:Hey, I get it about 3rd party software....

The only way is to not use any 3rd party software. So... learn to love it? Try to use it to start to learn a new language? I think I counted 11 on there, so you've got variety :)

But why all of a sudden is TPS such an issue? I want to use stuff like sweetfx...and I'm willing to take the risks. I live dangerously.

I guess it's because nag screens with warnings I'm very well aware of are a pet peeve of mine.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mallimoosh wrote: But why all of a sudden is TPS such an issue? I want to use stuff like sweetfx...and I'm willing to take the risks. I live dangerously.

I guess it's because nag screens with warnings I'm very well aware of are a pet peeve of mine.
If you read the ENBoost comments on the Nexus, you'll understand why Boris is so fed up with 3rd party software. Regardless, now we can use SweetFX if we so choose (which, with 0.210 we couldn't) and Boris is going to make sure his butt is covered when it comes to people crying about things not working. It only lasts a second or 2 so I don't think it's a big deal *shrug*

I'm getting the message and I have no idea why. I've disabled the proxy library, removed a couple of SKSE plugins which seemed like plausible reasons why the message might be coming up (MemInfo and SkyrimUWFM - I prefer this to ENBseries internal borderless fullscreen functionality because I use the wrapper version and using ENBseries' borderless fullscreen feature messes up the creation kit, where SkyrimUWFM doesn't).

Anyway, is there some sort of log message available that tells me what it has detected? That would be really handy.