TES Skyrim 0.213

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.213

*scribble scribble*

"What is that noise?"
-"Oh, that's just JawZ making notes for his ENB tweaking tutorials. Someone has to do it."

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

ENBSeries wrote:And i don't want sli, twice more noise and no place for sound card, just said that i can't do anything to sli users and this also cover all of other kind issues, multimonitor for example.
Don't wanna leave this stay this way is as it not correct that way...
- Noise doesn't double by addind a card of the same noise level, it stays the same. It's mostly even less noisy as the workload (and its produced temperature) gets balanced over both cards. And for noise problems change the cooler for some bucks to a less noisy one.
- It is also not correct to say you don't have the space for a sound card while using SLI. I use an Creative Sound Card myself. It depends on the Mainboard though, but on most of them you still have a slot for one (or even two) PCI and/or PCI-E Soundcards right under and/or over the Graphics Cards.

Now there's a part I'm not very sure with, but multi monitor stuff shouldn't be causing trouble for your development either, I use two monitors myself and never found a single game having problems with it. Even Enb never caused a single time problems with it, it simply works wonderful side by side.

I don't wanna force you to support SLI or something, just wanted to correct things about it. If people spare their money to raise their Life to the next level, it's more important than buying hardware.

*master*

Thanks for the new version Boris! The TAA looks great! No noticable performance hit on my titan card.

Question: When I use the borderless window options I need to set Skyrim to window mode right? If I run in window mode, even without ENB, then the load screen freezes about half way through a load. It still loads, but the spinning model stops and the game appears frozen. I think this is just an issue with Skyrim in general, but can anyone confirm?
Thanks!

*sensei*

Boris
You were right all along. Bloom was causing the issue with ghosting. And I use quite alot. ;)
Thanks Boris!

Just to clarify: ghosting doesn't bother me since I'm using it only for taking screenshots.
And the in-game FXAA is enough for me when just playing the game.
Last edited by insomnia_jt on 31 Aug 2013, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I started to post TAA before enbeffectprepass.fx shader to try out how artifacts of depth of field will looks like, but remembered that sun rays and any volumteric effects will not work and must be applied after it. Even own game volumetric clouds above mountains have ghosting as they don't have depth. I don't know solution to the problem yet.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Warning for everyone i found a culprit in my system

Malwarebytes Anti Malware (disable the website protection) the filter driver is bad by design it causes periodic high DPC spikes in Ndis.sys and threatens overall system stability

See also this thread it's the true i can confirm this also it's a crap coded network filter driver :(

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=340260

it causes extreme problems much more then just dpc spikes i never saw something such bad coded that causes so many hard page faults without even really needing to be actively doing something

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

Boris (or anybody for that matter that is aware), what issues with ENB are possible due to a multi-monitor system (as you mention in a previous post)? I realize that VRAM will clearly have less available to Skyrim but is there anything else that I should be on the lookout for? I have been running two monitors all along and besides a temporary weirdness with screen tearing (that was not related to Vsync btw) and a problem I have had with running TAA using the helper mod, I have not seen any issues.

Also, you mention the current pipeline is enbeffectprepass, enbeffect, effect.txt; where does enbbloom come into the picture?

Dinkledorf wrote:Boris (or anybody for that matter that is aware), what issues with ENB are possible due to a multi-monitor system (as you mention in a previous post)? I realize that VRAM will clearly have less available to Skyrim but is there anything else that I should be on the lookout for? I have been running two monitors all along and besides a temporary weirdness with screen tearing (that was not related to Vsync btw) and a problem I have had with running TAA using the helper mod, I have not seen any issues.
Multi-Monitor works fine with ENB, I just did a test run with and without having the 2nd Monitor offline, the difference in VRAM was about 30 to 50 MByte (assigned memory).
There isn't anything else you should be on the lookout for (as far as I can tell..)

The not-Vsync-related Tearing you mean... I experienced this kind of Tearing only in window mode while having the Aero-Service offline. (Having this service offline will cause tearing to nearly all windowed games).

Multi-Monitor does not have much impact on TAA, just having SLI enabled conflicts heavily with TAA.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Multimonitor setup with several videocards not work, because each videocard require copy of d3d resources. May be somehow this can be made via drivers, but in general - no. FSX pilots have issues for example.

ENBSeries wrote:Multimonitor setup with several videocards not work, because each videocard require copy of d3d resources.
Can you please go more into detail about what you mean by that?
Does that actually disagree with what I said in my last post?