TES Skyrim 0.234

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.234

SerggX
Ну может хватит, а? То что посчитаю нужным, то и сделаю, как бы 13 лет уже графикой занимаюсь.

LucidAPs
Loading times can't increase. Game startup time or when applying presets - yes, of course more shaders - more time and this depends from drivers also. Nothing to fix.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey folks, i know water is unimportant thing for gameplay and rarely visible, so don't see much sense to optimize performance of it. But let me know if i'm wrong, shadows and displacement may be increase by performance a little.

То что посчитаю нужным, то и сделаю
Разумеется, главное не каустика, а нормальные отражения, вот чем действительно нужно заниматься. Нормальные отражения, это то, что действительно преобразит воду, все остальное полумеры.

*sensei*

Yeah start up time i meant, well i was afraid that was the case but still good to know :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Hey folks, i know water is unimportant thing for gameplay and rarely visible, so don't see much sense to optimize performance of it. But let me know if i'm wrong, shadows and displacement may be increase by performance a little.
Yes any optimizing you can do would be good - lose about 5 FPS on average when water rendered - have seen it lose 10+ FPS when rendering large bodies of water. All water features enabled, displacement set to high quality.

Water shadow and underwater updates good and work fine.

Any way to increase water shadow resolution? I have shadows set to 4k in Skyrim ini's but the water shadow resolution still looks low compared to the game shadows - better with high quality but is particularly noticeable especially with moving shadows - if it can't be done so be it, water still looks better with overall with them enabled.

Thanks Boris

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*sensei*

Performance improvement is always wanted. Do your best here.
Also in previous thread i asked and ask again now, can you add SizeScale, SourceTextureScale for water reflection to let us adjust performance? Or is this stupid idea and skyrimprefs.ini tweak is enough?
And if you want to finish with water, then go back to TAA :D
Last edited by DigitalPrinceX on 11 Nov 2013, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

I have really only noticed alot of the performance hit is from the displacement. maybe if i make the water map smaller it improves performance? is it possible to split the normalmap and heightmap into a separate file?

U said that u cant do stuff with the decals, is it possible to replace the decal with a different effect? if u have a plugin for modifiy the cells?

I understand what u mean on water not being important because, probably its not having alot of tunnels and stuff at bottom with sunken stuff, and its supposed to be really too cold to go under the water alot altho i would imagine ppl with magic can do stuff to keep themselves from freezing that u or i would not . u also cant fight under water or jumping and that is sucs.

What other stuff is good on enb feature target? Some snow stuff like frost at night or when its rain things look wet?
Last edited by Baduk on 11 Nov 2013, 14:35, edited 2 times in total.

Current version is 0.4b

Bryn's SPF 42

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Hey folks, i know water is unimportant thing for gameplay and rarely visible, so don't see much sense to optimize performance of it. But let me know if i'm wrong, shadows and displacement may be increase by performance a little.
I don't have significant decrease in fps with WATER enabled, if it breaks something or gets very little increase: meh...move on to something more fun. Water looks fantastic for me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

electricsheep26354
I can't use full shadow resolution for water, because shadows by deepness will have awful performance with big texture. Will do changes to shadowing algorithm to use small shadow, but blurred.

DigitalPrinceX
Water reflection not implemented. Parameter for underwater is same as for generic water, i did it only because ground is very bright and lowering underwater reflections give much better results. Reflections as existing effect applied to water do not work properly, because they are additive, while for underwater their math different. I don't know yet where to write data (without performance loss) for toggling reflection type. Also code of current screen space reflections designed for non sharp (glossy) look with various workarounds to fit visually well for the game. Don't want to waste more performance just to draw another reflections and filter them only for water.

Baduk
Heightmap and normalmap can't be separated, both required for computations. Resolution of textures matters, but you can blur alpha channel only (height) and reduce quality of displacement then.
U said that u cant do stuff with the decals, is it possible to replace the decal with a different effect? if u have a plugin for modifiy the cells?
No.
What other stuff is good on enb feature target? Some snow stuff like frost at night or when its rain things look wet?
I ignore any questions like this, they makes me sick and reminds me how stupid i am wasting time on modding.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Changed water shadow rendering method, it's have constant overhead when water is drawed, but invisible on screen, but when water is visible, it's twice faster and have better quality.:
Before:

After: