TES Skyrim 0.245

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.245

Boris
I won't make any performance / stats report because it's pointless to you (SLI and highly tweaked inis and you know me, all for quality), but HELL, once again... I'm amazed at how beautiful the game is with the supersmapling and the correct IL computation.
It's astounding, really, SO much accuracy. :shock:
It's probably coz I'm an old fart, but I like to remember, from time to time, from where all this came and the way it has been.
SO many progresses, SO many improvements.
So, if you're searching for someone to kill you, I won't be that one, unless we speak money big time, right now :lol:
Hats off to you, sir, what you're doing here is a maelstrom of creativity.
And while I'm leaving mods -related forums one by one, I wouldn't leave here, unless you ban me for compliments excess.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

nitroviper wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Gabber
nitroviper
Try these versions and report which work, which aren't
I tried them all, the only one that works is 236_5
nitroviper wrote:Ok some more update

My PC is freshly formatted with only 2 games on it Skyrim and BF4.
All drivers up to date including bios.

The Skyrim running 0 mods the game now gets past the click load crash. It starts to load the map and crashes right before it shows my character.

Also tried new save game.

Tried starting the game from the TESV.exe as admin without SKSE. Tried SKSE as admin

I am able to sit in the game all day at the main menu after the bethesda logo.

I can enter the shift+enter and get into the ENB settings, is there anything I could try in there?

Doesn't it seem strange that 221 and 236 have no issues? It has to be some code change after 236? Can it be the ENB I use?
nitroviper wrote:How do I disable it?

I tried to set EnableAmbientOcclusion=false and true.

[SSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=true
UseComplexIndirectLighting=false
UseComplexAmbientOcclusion=false
UseAmbientIndirectLighting=false
SamplingQuality=2
SamplingPrecision=2
SamplingRange=0.3
FadeFogRange=1.0
SizeScale=0.5
SourceTexturesScale=0.5
FilterQuality=1
FilterType=2
AOAmount=1.0
AOAmountInterior=1.0
ILAmount=1.0
ILAmountInterior=1.0
AOIntensity=1.0
AOIntensityInterior=1.0
AOType=0
AOMixingType=0
AOMixingTypeInterior=0
UseOldType=false
EnableSupersampling=false
EnableDenoiser=true
ILType=0
nitroviper wrote:Ive tried that. If I set the UseEffect=true it crashes even with all the stuff off below. If I leave it on false the game runs fine.

Skysan, I don't have or use a second monitor.

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=true

[EFFECT]
UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false
EnableBloom=false
EnableLens=false
EnableAdaptation=false
EnableDepthOfField=false
EnableAmbientOcclusion=false
EnableDetailedShadow=false
EnableSunRays=false
EnableSunGlare=false
EnableSkyLighting=false
EnableImageBasedLighting=false
EnableReflection=false
EnableSoftParticles=false
EnableParticleLights=false
EnableSubSurfaceScattering=false
EnableWater=false
EnableUnderwater=false
EnableCloudShadows=true
EnableVolumetricRays=false
nitroviper wrote:
skysan4298 wrote:nitroviper
Sorry, I see Boris found your issue, so have you tried all tests he may have asked you to try?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2703&start=70#p45118

Also, your posting had the CloudShadow=true, so I assume you tried that being false as well?
Yes I have tried all the versions he uploaded. Also yes I have tried CloudShadow=false

I guess I give up, I don't know if trying a different enb would work but sounds like a pain.

***EDIT, I just tried 13.11 beta 9.5 and the same issue.
nitroviper wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:First, you've missed testing, only Gabber replied. Second, if something changed on my side it doesn't meant the bug is mine, especially in case like yours or Gabber.
Im sure the bug is a setting on our end with a driver issue. Im not blaming you at all, but if we figure it out it might help in later builds. My pc is freshly formatted and only 2 games with fresh installs.

I tried the game with and without SKSE

I tested all the binarys and replied, I also set FixParallaxBugs=false.

Im about to try 13.10 beta 2 drivers.
nitroviper wrote:I must be a no0b or something lol. .245 still didn't work so I was like WTF.. I decided to backup the files in my skyrim root directory and move all the files and folders from the .245 wrapper folder into my root.

I was only replacing the enbhost.exe and d3d9.dll. Also tried replacing enbhost.exe, d3d9.dll, enbseries.ini and enblocal.ini In previous attempts. Moving all the files and folders from the wrapper folder seemed to fix it.

Now the game works but looks strange compared to the 236 version. I realized the enbseries.ini is different so I tried to duplicate the settings of the old one I had. The game seems to look like the 236 when I disable use effect and looks weird when I turn it on.

This is probably some settings I need to change but im not sure which ones I need to adjust.
------------------------------------------------
ENBSeries wrote:I always think that if users don't understand obvious things or don't try to experiment if they don't know something, they not deserve my time. Single amd user with videocard model which is famous by hardware issues asking me about bugfix and can't even do the tests? You said that previously downloaded attached tests when i gave them to you and Gabber, but you are not, if asking what is written in previous post. Okay?
Tell me how all that above is not trying to experiment? I have tried for days trying to find an issue, many settings, new drivers, files from you, replacing folders, reinstalling the game, running it with no mods.... If that is not experimenting I don't know what is.

Sorry if that bugs you but you act like I have tried nothing, you say I haven't tried / tested your files and I have. I was never mad or attacked you saying its your fault. So why give me an attitude?

I did try the test files you uploaded and reported back that none of them worked besides .236, How am I going to report more if the game crashes before it even loads?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

nitroviper
Attached files

EDIT: file deleted

*sensei*

@nitroviper
Whatever previous thing you backed up will never be compatible with newer dll or test versions.
So here is my solution for you. Take it or no one in the world can help you.

1. Get rid of your backed up files. By the looks of your problem they are outdated/mismatched and will keep causing problem.
2. Get a full new set of enb files. Make your preset all over again.
3. enbhost.exe does not need to be replaced with each update. It is the same as before unless Boris specifically says he updated it.
4. Update drivers to 13.12 whql. Make it a testing base. I really dont find any trouble with that driver in Skyrim or any other game. I play a lot of games.
5. Last option is try new save file. Your old one could be cramped with unwanted stuff.

Im 98% sure that your problem is related to how everything is set up there. Not in the dll. Because several other AMD users with very similar setup do not experience your problem. Gabbers problem ended up being windows/leftover_driver_file related. Other than that no one else has problem like you. No way to verify if it is a dll problem or not.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

Well I did get rid of all previous enb files and installed all new ones and the .245 worked, but the settings were strange, you could see in the screenshots. When I disabled use effect it was like the ENB was enabled.

I am running 13.12 whql drivers now.

I did a quick test of all the dll files and the only one that works is the .236_5

They all crash as soon as I click load save.

Tomorrow I will start over again with all fresh enb files. It's 5am here and I am very tired.

Should I try a different ENB? I am using Somber ENB right now.

Could someone upload their enb ini's and .dll as a zip? I could try that as well.

Thanks for the help.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

nitroviper
Also, when swapping dlls, take the habit, if not already, to ALWAYS make a fresh rendering device recognition :

Swap the ENB dll, do it as clean as possible : delete previous and uncompress the new one directly to your Skyrim main folder
Backup your game inis from MyDocuments/MyGames/Skyrim right to your desktop, delete rendererinfo.txt
Launch Skyrim via its launcher, NOT via SKSE if using it
Let the launcher recognize your rendering device again, then close it.
Put back your game inis in your folder
Launch the game as usual.

I always considered this process as required to ensure stability, and this is also adviced by Boris in installation instructions.
If you do it already, sorry for the pointless babbling.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

Oyama wrote:nitroviper
Also, when swapping dlls, take the habit, if not already, to ALWAYS make a fresh rendering device recognition :

Swap the ENB dll, do it as clean as possible : delete previous and uncompress the new one directly to your Skyrim main folder
Backup your game inis from MyDocuments/MyGames/Skyrim right to your desktop, delete rendererinfo.txt
Launch Skyrim via its launcher, NOT via SKSE if using it
Let the launcher recognize your rendering device again, then close it.
Put back your game inis in your folder
Launch the game as usual.

I always considered this process as required to ensure stability, and this is also adviced by Boris in installation instructions.
If you do it already, sorry for the pointless babbling.
Hm, I've NEVER done that and I've had no issues that I've noticed. And I must have switched ENB versions a hundred times or more by now. I saw Phinix recommending this as well. What can go wrong if not doing it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm having this weird brightness issue, my Brightness if turn up by one from 0, its like turning up 10 levels, here are some shots. each only turning up by one. ENB0.245

brightness at 0.00

At 0.01

At 0.02

At 0.03

At 0.04

if i goes to 1.00 which i always had this setting, i'll have a white screen. what is the caused?

Flickr Gallery

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

nitroviper
Let me know later when will be ready for another tests between 236_5 and 239_0.

OhKay
The only idea i have from that tiny screenshots is that brightness is under [COLORCORRECTION], but when it set to 0, then image will be absolutely black. This is internal thing and it always work the same way.

@DigitalPrinceX
You were just as unable to provide any sort of useful info or help regarding my problem as pretty much anyone else except for Boris, your high and mighty, all-knowing attitude is really unwarranted.

At the very least you should have deducted that the issue was infact NOT drivers related.
I'll let that sink in for you for a second.