TES Skyrim 0.279

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.279

I just read that Geforce thread, did not know there were people that idiotic :lol: seriously though, you pointed out a real issue, NVIDIA is unlikely to notice, too focused on supporting the next AAA titles and getting Gameworks in at the last minute.

Also I don't see much potential in MGS V ENB, I think ENB works best with timeless games with in-depth mod support and I just don't see very much of that with MGS. But I guess we'll have to wait and see what the community does, as I was completely wrong about GTA V

EDIT: Here is the thread - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... dx9-games/

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ehhh. I'm so much tired from doing nothing and have no idea what to modify. Probably just need to start another projects

Deferred MSAA like the one used in Battlefield Games is only possible in Dx11?
http://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/conten ... dering.htm

Or is there any chance to create it in dx9/skyrim?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Neuba
Impossible in dx9 and i can't change defered to any alternative rendering methods without sources of game engine.

I was always curious about something Boris, how you haven't get in the 3D Vision area ? Or you had and didn't get excited about 3D gaming?

I am sure you've tested somewhere (even 3D vision 1) and you've already know how different is, and also you know how awesome is when a game comes 3D vision ready,yet you also know the community and Helix mod (ans few other great guys that fix what Nvidia suck on doing or simply Nvidia crew don't bother with it so much,as they should..).

I assume your skills is way beyond what it needs for fixing real 3D mods and maybe making/tweaking shaders is very simple (and boring) for you but still, I was just wondering about this.

(you have to see games like Skyrim or GTA on 3D..and try to compare how it is vs 2D)

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Ehhh. I'm so much tired from doing nothing and have no idea what to modify. Probably just need to start another projects
Maybe ENB for Witcher 1? game still rocks after all those years, but need some proper graphics update :D ssao, hq dof, better sky, sunrays ahh.. this would be great :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Saberus
Don't want to modify old games, users ignore them. All my attempts failed completely, only gtasa version was successful just because of big game community.

spanian77
Long time ago i had shutter based stereo glasses from Asus and made special device for toggling frames, but once nvidia removed support of that stereo vision type and that was the end of my stereo experience. Anaglyph mode is awful, i can't look at such ugly image. Modern displays have too big timing for displaying clear stereo image without annoying ghosting, so true 3d devices are the only thing left, but they are unpopular. So, i don't see any reason to touch stereo vision, technologies moving in wrong direction and i don't believe virtual realty will come to everybody home ever, "thanks" to MS first of all. Do you remember agiotage regarding "3d" vision after Avatar movie? Is something really changed? Not much, it's still small niche for few folks.
Saw the joke in cartoon of 90s. Kid said to B.Gates that OS is slow and got angry reply that it's because mouse input slowing down the system.

Fuck yeah, Boris kinda taking requests for modding?
/shameless requesting mode on
Maybe, maybe... you could take a look at WoW? I mean yeah, it's a mmo-shit, but it's kinda popular and still a top-1 mmo after about 10 years since release.
Currently I run it with GemFX and yours Generic ENB but.. I mean... this Skyrim-like shader magick is my wet dream for a long time.
In case you're wondering about Blizz ToS, they don't really give a fuck about screenarchers and ban only botters and some arena glitchers. I've started a thread on their forums a long time ago about using Generic ENB and SweetFX-like tools, they answered with generic bluepost "blah-blah-blah, it's sorta not allowed, la-la-la", i said "ok", tried it anyway and my account still in good standing after a couple of years.
They also have timeless free trial in case you're too greedy to pay them for testing :3
/shemeless requessing mode off

P.S. About dat popular "3D" stuff. Maybe it's just me but when I watch some setero movies I just see a really fucked-up gamma with lots of darkening and some barely visible stereo effects hidden somewehre in background. Even in cinema, lol. Wtf?

Boris

Got you man, you are right that with today monitors ghosting (even at small level) is disgusting. And ofc I totally agree with you that stereo 3D took wrong direction like is going to hell like doomed and real support from game developers AND Nvidia is only on few games. If Helix,DHR,eqzitara,Bo3b and few other guys didn't provide us with fixes the 3D vision would be completely dead few years back.

I just hope that someday (O-led ? VR ? ) real 3D
(stereo but advanced, for example the stutter glasses WILL shutdown at 100% as they should and not like this now,
maybe a new tech is needed,
1.faster stutter at 100% on-off
2.lightboost3?
= no ghosting at all = REAL 3D EXPERIENCE)

The thing that makes me angry is that for true 3D support is not so hard for experienced game developers, I mean it's "just" more shaders.. :roll:

Future will show us, yet I guess that with VR (for which I think we are long way from "heaven" for it) maybe a stronger 3D support (for stereo 3D) will be better due to shared similar tech factors.

<edit> Cinema movies mostly are low and fake 3D experience,can't be compared with real 3D like 3D Vision's true stereoscopic experience.
Though even with blurays 3D movies the parallax effect is not strong (actually is low,about 15%) due to the fact that they want to be "easy" for un-experienced 3D viewers.
Games with true stereo 3D support is the real thing. Avatar is a very low experience for example, while Mad Max is better one.
Still movies is not the strong part for 3D, better than 2D but not so "WOW" experience(if you've played games).
Almost all cinemas don't have the recommended semi-silver screen and ofc they don't provide you with stutter glasses..thus said the FAKE 3D.
Last edited by spanian77 on 22 Aug 2015, 17:01, edited 2 times in total.

*sensei*

I remember reading an article (I think on Wired) about why 3D/VR wasn't more popular, why we didn't have VR consoles by now, etc. The main point was that research showed like 30% of people can't even see most of the 3D stuff like what they put in movies or stereo games! It was a surprising statistic, and apparently a lot of big investors pulled out when they realized even the percent that CAN see it wouldn't invest huge money in a home entertainment system for 3D when chances are someone in their family would be one of that 30%, and it wouldn't be fair to that member...

Anyway, I think that eventually we will have truly personal computers that are wearable/portable and will be biologically based, which will enable an affordable super computer that uses very low power and integrates with human visual cortex directly to enable "low cost" VR without all the clunky hardware-based rendering. Probably in ~10-15 years based on what IBM predicts.

Boris, back to your request for feedback, I personally would LOVE to see some of the newer Skyrim features ported into Oblivion. That game to me is still worth playing/modding.