Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

LucidAPs
Rays are drawed to lower resolution than screen and it depends from quality setting and they do not use additional computations on edges. Mine is always drawed to full screen size, that's why you don't see pixelization. And there are no textures you may edit, it's dynamic processing effect.

Gorgulla
My turbo boost answer is based on tests by users after you wrote about results.
Changing printscr key to 11 or 255 doesn't work
Works fine for me and there is no reason to be different, this code is absolutely fail safe even with crapware running.

Do not modify iHWNumThreads, game is unable to work proprely with threads, everything is locks based which calls crazy amount of times per frame and these locks limiting performance mostly. More threads you have - more locks, more bugs.

To help people with multi GPU systems (I have Maxwell cards,so may or may not be same for older Gen's):

STOP messing with SLI flags,AFR rendering methods etc. Game runs better on single gpu (until if DEVs+Nvidia provide us with a real,new,with a specific predefined profiles's set for this game), really .
You may not believe me because yes I know,in some areas you see even double fps with SLI but that's not what you must aim for, stable AND decent performance is your target.
Go to one of the most demanding areas and see with your own eyes,then believe me. Also I've experience few random CTDs in very random times (one even on first minute playing) with SLI,none with single.

Example?
(Ultra settings,nothing disabled)

SLI:

http://i.imgur.com/4wduPeD.jpg

single:

http://i.imgur.com/AVRvsDg.jpg

I do use ENB only for disabling fake lights,no issues or gains though which is not bad for now.
I believe that users with high ends don't really need any ENB boost stuff right now (Boris no offence ;) ),maybe later with tough-on-resources- mods,who knows,we see then.

spanian77 :
I was about to post the same thing, after many CTD (or just game self-exit, as there's no crashlog nor event in the event log), I finally found that forcing SLI brought those crashes, now the game is smoother even when it's going from 60 to 45 fps (I have a GSync screen, and with AFR2 it was all stuttery).

I only had to lower the volumetric lighting to High instead of Ultra, one 970 can't always handle it in 2560x1440.

I'll investigate further as I re-enabled ENB's ApplyStabilityPatch (made me crash every 5-10 minutes with SLI AFR2 forced).

For those who wants SLI : just wait for a proper Nvidia SLI profile that don't make the game exit itself every 30-50 minutes and give good performance.

I'll still use ENB to turn off fake lights, I hate those :)
2x NVIDIA Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 GAMING 4 Go SLI @ 1480/3750 MHz
Acer HB270HU IPS 144Hz GSync 1440p
Windows 10 Pro x64

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris,

I do not know what your plans are for ENB for Fallout 4, but if something can be done to improve the performance of shadows at 'High' (or greater) draw distance, that would be tremendously valuable for many users. I'm not sure if this is even something that might be possible for you?

*master*

ENB made uGridsToLoad=13 playable on my rig on outside locations @ 40-50fps!!!
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

MonarchX wrote:ENB made uGridsToLoad=13 playable on my rig on outside locations @ 40-50fps!!!
You really shouldn't be changing uGridsToLoad. In previous Gamebryo games it has caused instability, but even when those instability issues are fixed, it causes the scripting engine to get congested because scripts are executing at a much larger range. And fast computers are not immune to this problem, the bottleneck is the scripting engine itself.

tapioks wrote:Hi Boris,

I do not know what your plans are for ENB for Fallout 4, but if something can be done to improve the performance of shadows at 'High' (or greater) draw distance, that would be tremendously valuable for many users. I'm not sure if this is even something that might be possible for you?
This but also interior shadows. I use a medium shadow distance but I still get hammered in certain interiors.

*sensei*

tapioks wrote:Hi Boris,

Most likely bethesda will try to patch shadow distance problem themselves, and fuck it up again =D Boris will be forced to redo whole thing from the scratch. Best thing right now is wait for patches imo
Bonnie Lass wrote: In previous Gamebryo games it has caused instability
Long story short: uGrids are stable now.

Long story short: uGrids are stable now.
I really doubt the other issues of uGrids are fixed.

*sensei*

Bonnie Lass wrote:I really doubt the other issues of uGrids are fixed.
With tweaking we could increase the number of uGrids loaded, but as Skyrim was a 32-bit .exe, and most GPUs had at max 2GB of VRAM, performance and stability was poor above 7 uGrids as players frequently ran out of RAM, VRAM, and general CPU and GPU horsepower.

For Fallout 4, the game engine has received a 64-bit upgrade, solving RAM issues; GPUs now have significantly more VRAM, and 2015 hardware is leagues ahead of what we had back in 2011. In other words, uGrids are now legitimately usable, and stable, all the way up to and including uGrids 13, improving image quality and detail draw distances substantially.