TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.381

ENBSeries wrote:Yes. But it still has bugs in vanilla game too. Calm water is placed a bit higher than flow river.
The main problem with SSE water that Vanilla water is buggy, mostly near Solitude.
Anyone who uses MO2, just launch the game without any mod, just pure vanilla game at look around near Solitude, after Solitude Arch, etc...
Lot's of water bug and issue. :/

Textures are not within my realm of skills, but I will do what I can to help make RWT compatible with the new ENB feature. I'm already working on an update for RWT, so if there is anything that needs to be done, please provide me a few detailed replies so there is as little confusion as to what needs to be done as possible.

To clear a few things up, RWT edits the LOD water for Tamriel and default water; changing it to match the lake water. This (without any other edits to the water) provides a perfect LOD transition for lakes and oceans (the biggest water sources). The trade off, due to Skyrim only being able to use one LOD texture, is that some rivers may have a seam in the distance, but this is only noticeable in a couple places. It can't be fixed. You get seams in lakes and oceans or seams on a few rivers; it's one or the other for LODs.

As for the area around Solitude, it's a mess because of the water types used in this area. I've considered converting it back to ocean water (it's river water in SE, which is the main cause of the seam). Doing so should fix the seams in the harbor. I haven't done this yet, but am very close to just doing so because I'm tired of the reports. ^_^'

Finally, several places where calm water is seen (ponds mainly) have activators placed over the vanilla water for those locations. If this is any issue with any ENB settings, one of two things could be done. 1) lower default water height for that cell(s) or 2) raise the activator higher above the water. I think this is some of the "layering" that Boris has brought up.

*master*

@TechAngel85

About the textures, see my second sticky post in this page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=posts
The Old Skyrim RWT ENB textures work fine with SE RWT, You only would need to adapt them to the SE mod installation. ;)

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TechAngel85
Im not familiar with native modding, but if it's possible to disable lods at all, that could be a solution, because lods of water give very tiny performance boost. If they can't (f.e. cause of size the flow map have), just make all water as lod :lol: .
From my side problem is lack of data from objects and i don't know where to get it. I can make lod use 3 animated textures, but don't know direction of animation and proper scaling (except that main one single texture). I can't blend one to another more or less, because don't know where that edge is. I can't even reduce effects on nearest water by distance (fade out) to blend to lod, because again i don't know how close the lod is. Also if i reduce them, then usual ocean waves which blend in to lod okay will be ruined. So should i try this only on flow map based (with tessellation)? Dunno. i tried near Solitude to make fade out self intersection and it do helps to blend to lod, but looks so fast fading, not sure it's fine for users.

Alpha channel of water based on flow maps have some difficult mixing same as normals mixing there, so waves are not easy to predict for me. But 3 layers via EnableDisplacement (which is parallax occlusion culling, not same as EnableParallax) are displaced to the bottom (tessellation displaced up now, cause it's the only way to fix some bugs) and that height of displacement is:

Code: Select all

Height=(1.0-Alpha1) *NormalAmplitude.x + (1.0-Alpha2)*NormalAmplitude.x + (1.0-Alpha3)*NormalAmplitude.z;
Which means that if texture alpha channel is 1.0 (255), then it's peak of waves. Black alpha is the most displaced to bottom thing. Usually height maps are zero based and 1 means top of them and it's the same with water displacement in ENBSeries, but just displacement moves down and relative to upper area instead of zero.

Calm water near Solitude (where fog, spiders and crabs are) have (at least in some places) at least two water types mixed one above another, flowing river water is by height below calm water a little, so calm water covering it okay, except some bugs there when walking (without enb mod). But the problem is that game stupidly draw river water after calm water, it's fine for depth buffer testing in general, but with displaced river water those waves go above calm water. To fix that i spend two days making custom stencil masking and making bugs in other places, trying fixing them, but now having bug which looks like empty space when camera close to water surface and look under displaced water. The good way to fix that place is to not make water types overlayed on each other and as i see there are some fallen pillars are placed to have separated waters easily. If water as mesh can have vertices moved down in that place to handle crossing, it's also good way (but in that case no difference to just cut it).

I'll think how to make kinda blending of waters and where to put this information (sadly, not in vertex data). Right now i can only compare depths of previosly drawed water and some above it and based on this data do some blending, but seems game do not guarantee proper sorting of objects in this case, so if their order will be invesed, such trick not gonna work. And of course it worth only if water not just some plane in CK, but can be geometry based, so go deeper as triangle at blending place.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess i found why blending to lod do not happening. It do happen, those flow streams blended to single big texture if far enough distance, but that texture do not have scaling by NormalsAmplitude as it exist in other water types, game bug. I can fix it but just need to investigate which normal amplitude from all must be used for that map, will do update soon for testing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Added NormalsAmplitude parameter to flow map river type to control mixing of it with far lods of water and visible only with big enough distance.

TechAngel85
Try updated mod and for flow map change the same amplitude as you change for lod water.

The recent update causes a weird visual glitch with water.

Image - ENB Water Off

Image - ENB Water On

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Realistic Water Two? Remove it and check again.

hm im pretty sure I updated but I cant find the NormalsAmplitude parameter/bug fix for the lod. Where is it under?

Also i know your busy with bug fixing ect atm; curious if frennel/color ect parameters for water on SE is possibly afterwards/later.

Thanks.

ENBSeries wrote:Realistic Water Two? Remove it and check again.
I got the same issue reported by DaedricServant, i seem to got it with the silent update (Fixed incompatibility with RealisticWaterTwo near Solitude. Improved quality of dispersion effect) before this last one which i didn' tried. The glitch is visible in flowing river water (riverflow.dds i guess). ocean water and still pond water seems to be unnaffected.

I have "RW2" installed with "Realistic Water Two - ENB Textures" from LE overrriding RW2 after renaming the files Like this:

- calm_choppy.dds >>>>> renamed to riverflow.dds
- calm_choppy_2.dds >>>>>> renamed to oceanflow.dds
- calm_choppy_generic.dds >>>>>> renamed to defaultwater_pond.dds
- choppy_generic.dds >>>>>> renamed to defaultwater_creek.dds

I will try disabling ENB textures from LE first and then RW2 but i can only do this when i get home later this night.