TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.381

xirangeix
It is not in enbseries.ini, but should be available as amplitude of waves in CK or where else water is modified. Just that parameter not applied to flow map river. If you know how to edit water mods, then you can understand.

Rekon
Without that fix water will be simply replaced when apply tessellation. Bug is there always as long as tessellation enabled, just takes different forms. If you come close, the bug disappear (z-fighting). If i increase precision of fake z buffer, bug will remain, but bit less noticable or with bigger distances to camera, but it will be there anyway. There are things which can't be fixed without destroying something else. Without fix such water looks like this https://i.imgur.com/tXVlSOS.jpg. If RWT author remove that overlay surfaces of water, there will be no need to do any tricks. All i can try to do is increase precision of fake depth test for water only, will try, but no promises.

*master*

Hey Boris, i´ve found an issue with the latest update, i haven´t played the game in 2 days, so i wasn´t able to test with the previous versions, but this is what i´ve found.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftV59my4TPY
*Edit: using the ENB water textures from Oldrim Realistic Water Two, the issue is even worse and in that case, if you set the WaveAmplitude to minimum (0.20) that camera bug is permanent unless you increase the amplitude again or use the default RWT textures.

Mirx wrote:Hey Boris, i´ve found an issue with the latest update, i haven´t played the game in 2 days, so i wasn´t able to test with the previous versions, but this is what i´ve found.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftV59my4TPY
*Edit: using the ENB water textures from Oldrim Realistic Water Two, the issue is even worse and in that case, if you set the WaveAmplitude to minimum (0.20) that camera bug is permanent unless you increase the amplitude again or use the default RWT textures.
He knows it's due to tesselation.

TechAngel85 wrote: As for the area around Solitude, it's a mess because of the water types used in this area. I've considered converting it back to ocean water (it's river water in SE, which is the main cause of the seam). Doing so should fix the seams in the harbor. I haven't done this yet, but am very close to just doing so because I'm tired of the reports. ^_^'
In my opinion, that's the main problem.
Everybody who uses MO2 I recommend, suggests launching just the vanilla game, from the game folder without any mod, and look around Solitude a little bit more.

And turn ON and OFF whatever newer ENB preset use, cause with Water enabled Vanilla game issues is more noticeable. Horror!

And also the lake around Little Vivec, who has this mod (the main water surface from the 1st Guardian Stones).

I do it, just pure vanilla game with vanilla water. Buggy!

How Angel told: "it's a mess"...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mirx
Yeah, as xirangeix said i know about it. Bug caused by fix of compatibility with Realistic Water 2, previously to fix issue i also rendered non displaced water, but with two waters crossed such flat water cut off part of previously displaced mesh (because water is not drawed entirely as single object). If i find another way to solve compatibility, then will fix that issue.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

xirangeix
Forgot to answer about fresnel and colors. I dont know, its so minor. Possible of course, but not any high priority tasks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

:oops:
Would tesselation be possible in theory for terrain?
Parallax for terrain and meshes are a lot of shaders to patch, as far as I heard.
:oops:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I dont think so. Tessellation displacement produce holes in the meshes if they are not designed for such feature. And in general this game have very bad meshes crossing one another, decals do not suit tessellation too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have noticed that the caustics effect looks very stretched-out:
Image Image Image
Caustics looks fine in Oldrim. Is this effect calculated differently in SE ? Can it be adjusted to not look so elongated ?

It doesn't matter which water mod I use. It looks like this with all of them and vanilla water.

*master*

Hey hey,

I found a bug with the water. When you emerge from the water and surpass the water ceiling there is a weird stagnation effect of the surroundings.

I use realistic Water 2 didn't test it with normal vanilla water but will try that out in a moment.