TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.381

After reading and thinking a bit, it seems like most of the issue with RWT is the change to the default LOD for Tamriel.

To test this someone would need to have the ENB compatible textures for LE and test RWT v1.4.4 against the current version, however the ENB version prior to Borris fixing it for RWT will need to be used for this. If the LOD issues aren't present in v1.4.4, then all I need to do is provide a plugin (ESL) that reverts a few changes back to vanilla for ENB users, and Boris can revert his fixes incorporated for RWT. That way we're not trading out one bug for another bug.

Would this be part of the same issue that is being discussed?

Current 381

https://i.imgur.com/Lw7GUqK.jpg

Previous 381

https://i.imgur.com/womVf86.jpg

I am using RW2 and I have tried with and without the ENB Water from LE.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Arindel wrote:The effects you mentioned aren't the same at all.
[VOLUMETRICRAYS] is not the kind of rays-through-trees that everyone likes, it's very different. [GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS] is actually vanilla skyrim's godrays which are horrendous, makes everything hazy in a bad way for contrast and don't follow the sun as source.
You can't mimic Mist with the Fog parameters as Fog doesn't hide the sky and will always have that fundamental flaw. Mist can hide the sky if you are deep in it and also has height limits if I remember right. You could climb up mountains to get above the mist and see it. (Screenshot)

Anyway, those were examples.
I did not say they were the same - I only mentioned that they serve as substitutes as long as there isn't something better.

I agree that current Volumetricrays are a bit crap. (At least they exist)

As regards mimicking Mist with Fog parameters, there is a mod that can be combined with Fog adjustments: Obsidian Mountain Fogs.
Together they look quite nice. (As nice as Mist, but a bit differently)

Mimicked Mist - standing inside it:Image (sky is also covered a bit)

Watching over it:Image

These settings can be adjusted for stronger or different effect, of course.

As you can see, it is possible. (I know, not exactly the same, but not so different either)

is there any way to get the frist version of the 0.381 binaries in order to test what techangel85 suggested?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TechAngel85
https://imgur.com/a/XIp6gX4 Tried 1.4.4 and issue which tried to fix is there. Doesn't matter with textures or without them i believe, because one water drawed above another will break tessellation displacement anyway (unless second one have displacement too and it's higher than lower water which must not be visible. So those pools with calm water near Solitude are the reason i tried to make fixes for RW2, ignoring such places everything else is okay. Regarding far lod, did you try with new version check river flow controlled by amplitude? Is it works at all to fit lod when looking from big enough distance?

fireman_af
That is dispersion, decrease it, because in last update it was scaled 2 or 4 times for weather mods which have very tiny waves.

danutzmcro
Attached to this post 0.381 first release.

EDIT: file deleted

Boris, if you get some spare time after water stuff, could you try looking for the last volumetric fog parameter on this image (Sampling Repartition - Range Factor)?

https://i.imgur.com/IMfR40E.png

Vanilla volumetric rays are terrible as close sun rays but with high range values they make a great substitute for the close static fog - 100.0 to 200.0 or so, vanilla is 40.0 so any stretch of open space gets a crazy dense fog - and low intensity, gives a nice glue to the image as a whole.

Thank you for doing so much for SSE despite it's wonkyness!

edit: for reference of what it does, from what I tested that range is the minimum open space needed for the ray to reach maximum intensity, so with high values the effect is soft in close range but accumulates with distance

thanks for the archive Boris!
i can also confirm that the original issue is still there.
as for the one at the solitude castle with the water lod,the issue only appears when rw2 is not the last plugin on the loadorder.

ENBSeries wrote:
fireman_af
That is dispersion, decrease it, because in last update it was scaled 2 or 4 times for weather mods which have very tiny waves.
Thanks Boris. That solved it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dante_Draven
Not 100% sure, there is one value which is depending from weather close to 1/40 (0.022, 0.0194) and visually tweaking it looks as you described, so i did new parameter for next update.

fireman_af
Probably i should limit length of dispersion even more for very bumpy textures.

So, should i remove fixes of RW2?

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:
So, should i remove fixes of RW2?
Well, the latest binaries have a weird problem of "breaking" the water when character is swimming (3rd person), which is much more annoying than the LOD issue in Solitude IMO. So I think ENBSeries could be reverted to the files of May 21st update, at least until RWT get a proper update.

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page