TES Skyrim SE 0.394

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.394

How did they make it work in SKGE ? (works only in old skyrim)

Image Image

I understand that there are some shaders created, but these shaders are just the effect, they have to get some reference points for activating and where to draw.

Maybe there is an answer somewhere in there how to implement this in SSE, and using already existing caustics instead of these shaders.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The answer is SKSE, which i do not use. And i am not sure that caustic is generated from the water, most likely animated texture (i don't want use texture like that generic everywhere, it's too simple).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, so no possibility at all to render underwater caustics or underwater godrays for SSE ? They could share the same data (godrays create caustics)
If I'm not mistaken I remember underwater godrays working in old skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Rays do not generate caustics, they are just regular rays created from shadow, without water texture applied. There is no way to make caustics procedural from water textures without annoying bugs, that's for sure, i wasted many weeks trying to fix them and all solutions didn't work. Animated texture as caustics all the same for any water - when you go above water surface, caustics looks different, so it's annoying glitch.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm, maybe i should try to use animated texture, but several types and choose one of them based on speed of water flowing and if captured water is not above camera but some far away, then if real one above camera will be visible again, slowly interpolate one to another. Still fake and not under control of water mods.

Dante_Draven wrote:
xirangeix wrote:I'm not sure but it doesn't seem the distant shadow is working on the tree lods. https://imgur.com/a/fXhNpNm. On and off either arent on at all and no change. I tried saving then applying changes both times. Not sure why I can't seem to get it to work. Hasn't seemed to work for awhile; but it used to work when you originally released it.
Could you have been using using DynDoLOD's 3D tree LODs at the time? I think those should not only work with distant shadows (DynDoLOD creates them as regular static objects) but also have better lighting applied. I don't think the engine can cast dynamic lighting properly to billboards, I doubt they are drawn to the depth buffer.
Hm you mean the full model dyndolod tree lods or something else? Which one specific ally than not sure; i might've used dyndolod at the time. Was it like billboard 3/4?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Hmm, maybe i should try to use animated texture, but several types and choose one of them based on speed of water flowing and if captured water is not above camera but some far away, then if real one above camera will be visible again, slowly interpolate one to another. Still fake and not under control of water mods.
Being not under control of water mods is not a bad thing as long as the effect's strength is adjustable.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed aurora borealis bug when sky disabled and procedural sun enabled.

xirangeix
I can't tell about DynDoLOD, but vanilla trees do have drawing to depth, so do recieve and cast distant shadows. At least with my game setting which are maxed. That's the key for any trees or objects. Maybe your trees have alpha blending enabled and not written to z buffer.

Anubis
Another problem with animated textures, i must generate them automatically at startup (which is complicated), because of their size, i don't want mod archieve to be big, cause of my site limitations. Anyway, i'll think about this.

I know I'm not contributing anything here, but can I say I love it when I see engagement and discussions? Like I'm seeing now!

Not all ideas are possible, but just talking things out and spitballing can sometimes generate new and exciting ideas and solutions.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah, that's true. But mostly i thought about all things people asking here and refuse to accept in my mind as something bad looking, bad working or useless. Unless people beg me to implement something from those things :lol: