TES Skyrim 0.211

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.211

Just curious what all is being detected as third party. Thought I would modify effect.txt to do some custom sharpen thing to EdgeAA to replace SMAA, to sneak around the warning in v0.211. I currently have my enblocal.ini [proxy] set back to the defaults. No proxies in use. Still getting the warning. Not sure what is causing it. Unless the modified HD6 shaders I'm using in enbeffect.fx are the culprit? If so no worries, I'll just keep the SMAA proxy for now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix
Didn't try 0.211 yet, but I guess the warning will show up in any case, whether you're using proxy functions or not.
Last edited by Oyama on 26 Aug 2013, 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

Sounds like he just put it in, not actually detecting whether you are using 3rd party or not...

*sensei*

Yeah, it just threw me since it says "unsupported third party software detected" as opposed to something like "unsupported stuff is unsupported" implying something I have was "detected." No big deal though really I kind of understand where it's coming from.

*master*

roxahris wrote:Lazy preset authors should get off their behinds and get their game looking good the proper way rather than relying on pseudorandom magical image boosting effects in SweetFX to do it for them.

But here's a version of LumaSharpen ported to effect.txt I've used for those who complained.
Thanks, I'll check it out asap! :)

OK, so if I'll be using this port instead of running it via SweetFX, which is the best alternative for AA? SweetFX's SMAA was rather nice - that's was I've been using. ENB's Temporal AA was also nice, but as you have to use enb_reference for that (unless I've misunderstood things), you'll get some issues with it instead. In short, which is the best 3:d option?

*master*

roxahris wrote:Lazy preset authors should get off their behinds and get their game looking good the proper way rather than relying on pseudorandom magical image boosting effects in SweetFX to do it for them.

But here's a version of LumaSharpen ported to effect.txt I've used for those who complained.

If I use this with RVENB is it gonna change the end result? Or rather mess up something he has done?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Okay, one thing's sure about that warning... one CAN'T miss it ! :lol:
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama wrote: Didn't try 0.211 yet, but I guess the warning will show up in any case, wether you're using proxy functions or not.
I'm using Opethfeldt's latest right now (still beta) and I don't get the warning when loading up my game with 0.211 so I don't think it just shows up. Those that are getting the warning and not using proxy, is there anything else you're running that Boris wouldn't like? Nobody's probably using ATTK or Game Boosters of any sort, but monitoring programs, overlays or anything like that? Maybe it even catches antivirus (I don't use one because I've been pretty successful at keep my comp clean)?

Boris, any chance you could clarify what exactly sets off the warnings?

Now all that said:
I've been playing with 0.211 and I'm getting pretty similar results to 0.209 as far as performance/stutter/etc. which means almost none. I get a little stutter when sprinting on a horse (makes sense) but never when doing a 360 degree turn no matter how fast I turn. Everything is loading quickly and nicely. I even increased some of effects quality and I actually didn't notice a performance difference. I think the enb fps counter showed a loss of maybe 3 frames but nothing noticeable to my eyes (I can't really notice much difference with anything above ~40ish).

So, another great update, and I think everyone is happy and the humandrillas may have been put under control. Still a lot of complete n00bs on ENBoost page but what can you expect? Great Job, Boris!

*sensei*

Well, I just don't get it. I copied all the vanilla files from ENB v0.211, overwriting the ones from my config. I deleted everything not either from ENB v0.211 or vanilla Skyrim, including effect.txt, d3d9_smaa.dll, injector.ini, SMAA.fx, SMAA.h, enbeffect.fx.ini, and I STILL get the warning message. No AV running, no overlay, in-game display, Steam UI, MSI afterburner, not even SKSE.

I give up. Warn me! :P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama, you're right, there is no way anybody is gonna miss that Boris!

Here's the weird thing though... I just wanted to see the warning message so I enabled proxy functions and used an old SMAA injector I had lying around on my system. All settings were right, but the warning wouldn't come up. I was a bit baffled so I tried a SweetFX suite I had. Redid the proxy functions and no warning... I became curious and made sure I had 0.211 installed and I did, but just to be extra sure I redownloaded and tried again. No warning with SweetFX. So I thought maybe Opethfeldt did something really weird or these injectors aren't working for some reason. I uninstalled Opeth's and installed K ENB with 0.211... Then I got a BIG HUGE WARNING!!! So, for some reason, I wasn't getting warned. I'm gonna reinstall Opeth's enb but leave Kyo's SweetFX and enable it in the proxy and see if I get the warning.

I find it odd that I had to TRY to get the warning while others can't get it to go away. Weird. I'll edit this and let you know if I get the warning with same SweetFX but different preset. You'd think that wouldn't make a difference... *shrugs* I'll update in a couple minutes...

Edit Update: Ok, it was something silly. Somehow, I accidentally had a hyphen before [PROXY] which made the parameter not register. :P So I got the warning using Kyo's SweetFX from K and I also got warned when I tried the smaa injector again, so it's working. After removing the proxy libraries and files I no longer have the warning. So, all is well on my end!
Last edited by Jafin16 on 26 Aug 2013, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.