TES Skyrim SE 0.386

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.386

EnableParallax, EnableDisplacement, EnableTessellation - these are useless with vanilla water textures, because they do not have alpha channel in normal maps. Everything else doesn't matter, tweak to your taste.

mindflux wrote:
kranazolika wrote: Sadly, all issue remained unchanged. :/
That's because you're mixing up issues that look similar but have different reasons, and to be honest, sometimes it's difficult to know which one you mean.

The water seam at Solitude is indeed a vanilla issue. However, that pond glitch is caused by RW2 placing a water tile on top of the actual water surface, resulting in two overlapping water objects like Boris has mentioned. I'm not sure if the vanilla game ever does that, but if it doesn't, there's good chance the result will not render correctly.

By the way, it's not a good idea to use the free camera or even TCL to check around, all kinds of wacky things happen.
I do not really understand what's the point?

I pointed out some vanilla game issue related to the water issue, mostly with RW2.
But uploaded also videos just vanilla game (what Boris put at the 0.386 titles), which are all of them vanilla glitch.

A proper ENB setting is able to hide those ugly issues, and as I said I am looking for a water mod for SE, cause RW2 cause lots of issues.

The only water mod(!) I found looks and behaves well and use every ENB water feature is Wavy Water - No Flowing version.

But, without water mod using just textures + proper ENB settings we can reach I would say a better looking and 101% compatible "new water mod".

The new water mod contains:

1.) Just textures (ESP files - Optional)
2.) Proper ENB settings

I got a lot of help from Wizkid, who working on made some kind of "guide" I guess for players, who bored buggy water mod, buggy vanilla issues, etc...

The two videos just now posted is an under construction version of that.
(by me, so it is totally not perfect, but I still found it almost perfect for me. How I'd like to see water at SE.

ATM, I am yet really satisfied that alpha version. :) below alpha...

ENBSeries wrote:EnableParallax, EnableDisplacement, EnableTessellation - these are useless with vanilla water textures, because they do not have alpha channel in normal maps. Everything else doesn't matter, tweak to your taste.
I had an idea at my "mind", but wasn't sure.
Absoulety sounds logic!

Thank You Boris!

PS: If I disable those ones, it comes a little bit of performance gain? Or just, simply useless?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, performance will be higher, especially from EnableDisplacement disabling.

Okay Boris!

Got it. I see.

Really thank you!

I hope, somehow Angel will be able to solve every issue of RW2. (if he wants...)

Boris,

I need info about:

FresnelMultiplier

What does it do?!

Rudy ENB for Obsidian missing:

DisableDistantReflection, and
FresnelMultiplier

I know what DisableDistantReflection does but don't the other one.

Thank You!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's a physical property, and in layman terms it determines how much viewing angle affects the amount of reflection.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Had a bug today. Nothing enb related, just my own mistake.
That made me thinking about how awesome better reflections for windows would look like in Skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's of course not the real thing but have you tested high-resolution cubemap for those? From what I've seen the vanilla ones are very low rez.