TES Skyrim 0.112 KAGE

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.112 KAGE

Hi Boris,

Thank you for resolving the issues that I was experiencing. The quality is very good with v0.112, but I've noticed the performance is not as good as the last v0.111. I'm not sure if this will be optimized further, but if not, then that's fine. I'd rather not have those other issues!

KeviNOlighT

Hi, thank you so much Boris for all your work and dedication, I have a quick question:
Do these features work for ATI users?
-Detailed Shadows.
-The Fix for Shadow Quality which decreases shadow noise.
-The Bilateral Shadow Filter which reduces blurred shadow edges.
Has anyonw test them? Sorry if it's an stupid question, I just want to be sure :oops:.

*master*

Boris, my explanation for updating shadow helped you? What is your thought? :)

this version have any bloom change?
when i put the new dll file to my config, i see that image is very dark and washed out and bloom is not present. i must to reconfigure it.
anyway, the sun parameters dont work.

RUS: Борис, тут такая идея зародилась как бы давно уже, но никак не было возможности поделиться. Мод твой офигенный, и т.д. и т.п., но безусловно ресурсов он жрет огромное кол-во. Современные околотоповые видеокарты справляются, но юзеры с бюджетными либо уже устаревшими видеокартами предыдущего поколения безусловно тоже хотят испытать прелести твоих графических нововведений, но в силу ограниченности возможностей своего железа вынуждены ухудшать общее качество картинки.

Идея такова: Выделить ГГ как основной объект для реализации графических наворотов, т.е. улучшенные тени, ссао, и все остальные максимально ресурсоемкие техники привязать исключительно к фигуре ГГ. Так же было(и есть) сделано в овер9000 разных игр, и это работает, пипл хавает, примером являются тот же масс эффект и большинство консольных игр. Это позволит очень значительно увеличить качество отрисовки персонажа и сэкономить(причем очень серьезно, учитывая размах сцен и пейзажей в игре) на ресурсах. Естественно, это должно быть опционально или в отдельной lite-версии.

Я не знаю конечно, насколько сложно это воплотить в жизнь, и реально ли вообще, и я более чем уверен, что ты будешь против, т.к. недоделки подобного рода не в духе настоящего девелопера :mrgreen: но я все же думаю, что это положительно сказалось бы на распространении модификации. И да, я просто хотел поделиться мыслью.

ENG:Just some ideas regarding in-game rendering and distribution of resources. Nothing special.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

SubSneer
This mean that not all shaders for parallax were found by me and fixed, i need savegame to that area.

CruNcher
No, i didn't mode for debug. And i guess better to release separate version for advanced users, because haters will set everything to "true" and f* up everywhere how buggy game look.

Bronze316
Performance is lower because of parallax bugfixes (matrix restoration isn't fast) and because in the castle of whiterun ssao looked transparent because depth was not captured in right time, now it's changed, but gpu is less "parallelized". I have another things to optimize, but not now, optimizations take a lot of time.

KeviNOlighT
I'm now on ATI and everything seems working, all effects (open readme_en.txt and read it if new fx not applied for you).

Insane Jack
Boris, my explanation for updating shadow helped you? What is your thought?
I don't remember what exactly. When someone notify bug, i'm fixing it, if possible (if i can find it myself with the game). If you mean shadow on eye, it's can't be fixed, except by modifying eyes in CK or in Nif tools (or how it's done).

stakado
Bloom have no changes from previous version. And if you will use enbbloom.fx and enbeffect.fx from 0.103, bloom will be the same, because only internallly modified and in new enbeffect.fx mixing code changed to proper math. But lenz reflection isn't changed and now incorrect, i don't want to add another texture for it separately, don't know, may be will split bloom texture in two, one side will be bloom and another lenz. Anyway, with new bloom image is darker, for example if before you could set bloom amount 0.5 and then image became 1.5 brighter, now it's the same and only airy disk phenomena applied as it should. Just premultiply in shader of your preset what you need or use older code (but i'll modify it soon completely, when start making own preset).
Sun detection code was changed, but parameters are untouched. If you don't see any changes to the sun, then new code not work, may be you have mod installed which modify size and position of sun. Moons and sun are the same in the game, but differ only by distance to camera, size, texture and path, needless to say what can be ignored when game have native mods support.

aaaa
Сделать только на гг эффекты почти не поможет, я больше потрачу производительности, чтоб отделить ближние объекты от прочих (не имея исходников движка приходится серьезно терять производительность на дополнительные вычисления). Но не в том суть. Сейчас мод оптимизирован уже весьма серьезно, я даже на radeon 6450 64-битном (примерно по скорости на треть-половину ниже чем gf 8600, но по скорости памяти конечно в 4) при 800*600 тестирую и терпимо. Если у юзеров стоит нативное 1920*1080 с такими карточками, это их проблемы, жадность до добра не доводит, а я тоже не могу точить оптимизацию для таких халявщиков, которые потом еще скажут "хочу макс качество выставить в игре, а мод не тянет - гавно". Если нужно оптимизацию без эффектов, то это надо создавать другой мод, с другим названием и разумеется без эффектов, это как бы мне не интересно, если бы хотя б деньги с такого были, а то ну просто деградация как программиста. Неужели игрокам так сложно отключить SSAO? Не думаю. Просто они хотят всего и сразу, но не имея ничего для этого.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:
Insane Jack wrote:Boris, my explanation for updating shadow helped you? What is your thought? :)
I don't remember what exactly. If you mean shadow on eye...
No, I was speaking about this post:
Insane Jack wrote:I re-tested before answering. So I'm sure about it.

In Skyrim.ini:

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0 // This is the time that the shadow will take for moving from the last update position to the new update position. So 0 is for instant updating.
fSunUpdateThreshold=0.5 // This is the delay for updating. 0.5 is huge, like 50s? 0.0001 wil make it update constantly.

Probleme is the quality of the shadows. With 0 for Time and 0.0001 for Threshold all the shadows will flickering like hell!

Each time it's update, there is "a flicker".
What I did for my game is the opposite. It's a lot more "eyes kindly". So it's 0 and 0.5. During something like 50s the shadow are OK, no flickering. Then instantly it's update to the new position. And because it's instantaneous, I almost don't notice it at all, because I am playing! :D

I recommend to do it like me for this cause. Or to totally change how it's work and the quality of the shadows and of the update.

Hope this could help you. :D

Доброй ночи, Борис. Подскажите пожалуйста - возможно ли играть с улучшенными тенями при значении ForceFakeVideoCard=true ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

23hudo
Здравствуйте. Нет, нельзя, в этом режиме совершенно иначе рисуются тени и чтоб реализовать детальные, придется очень серьезно потерять в производительности и еще времени угрохать немало.

Insane Jack
I didn't found such parameters in config and decided to wait when return back to rays, then google where to place these params.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Insane Jack
I didn't found such parameters in config and decided to wait when return back to rays, then google where to place these params.
Ok. You could ask me if you didn't find them. If a remember well, there aren't in by default. There are "invisible".

There a screenshot of it.