TES Skyrim 0.279

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.279

zoxxi
I tried to make mod for WoW long time ago without any good result. This is cartoonish low polygonal game, don't know how to modify it without touching colors of environment lighting. But first of all, this is mmo genre where people live for different purposes but not graphics, i tried several times to modify FF14 which visually isn't bad by default, but everyone (including me) in that game wasing time for improving gear +1% dps in two weeks and other idiotic things. Only new players may need graphic mods, but i can't imagine new players for WoW who care about graphics in such outdated game these days. If you can proove that i'm wrong, say it.

ENBSeries
Allright, I see your point.
Well, WoW is very casual-firendly right now in my opinion. Yeah, some guys are really improving that dps-stuff all the time, but now you can just explore some lands, do some achievements for rare mounts and, dunno, go try fishing in enemy's faction city. Yeah, low-poly graphics sucks, but I really enjoy the overall location and architecture design and, well, when you're doing some battlegrounds with 100 ppl and lots of crazy spell fireworks around the game looks really good. Not that good like Skyrim with ENB, lol, but it looks almost up-to-date (is it a proper word? oh crap. my engrish). So in my opinon WoW just have some crazy grapics potential.
Dunno what to say about community's love to good graphics, but I've read lots of whine about how bad is it comparing to current AAA titles, and in my opinion your mod could be very polular.

Okay, if you still think that modding WoW is a bad idea then I totally second Phinix's request for some new stuff in Oblivion ENB.

*master*

@boris
i would go for fallout 3 first. it is the game played often at the moment because of FO4 coming out. many effects can be ported from skyrim?
it is missing weather inis. (one example: you cant control the sun for different weathers, which becomes very obvious between clear and cloudy rain weather for example. the sun can not be made nice and bright for clear and also dim for bad weathers, either it is to dim in clear or it will shine crazy bright in the sky in cloudy rain weathers... because it is also "bugged" and just shines through clouds).
control over speculars and particle intensities. (you get very huge brightness differences sometimes for particles when editing lighting).
also your IBL from skyrim would work wonders in FO3. mostly people are using weathermods that alter weathers into "realistic blue skies" / removing greens etc anyway, so the IBL outcome would be fitting RGB wise i guess.
also MIST would be a great addition, no need for anchors and all the options, just simple mist effect without many options. far terrain in FO3 would look a hell of a lot better with it.
...weather inis beeing the most important in my eyes at least.

just some suggestions...

or you could ask bethesda, if you can get the sourcecode of FO4... and make the game look better before it hits the shelf ;)
Last edited by benhat on 23 Aug 2015, 00:21, edited 6 times in total.

benhat wrote:@boris
i would go for fallout 3 first. it is the game played often at the moment because of FO4 coming out. many effects can be ported from skyrim?
it is missing weather inis. control over speculars and particle intensities. (you get very huge brightness differences sometimes for particles when editing lighting).
also your IBL from skyrim would work wonders in FO3. mostly people are using weathermods that alter weathers into "realistic blue skies" / removing greens etc anyway, so the IBL outcome would be fitting RGB wise i guess.

or you could ask bethesda, if you can get the sourcecode of FO4... and make the game look better before it hits the shelf ;)
Yeah, I would consider doing FO3 if you're looking for something new. One of the STEP moderators has a Guide for modding FO3 that is fairly popular so it's still being played often:
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3
http://forum.step-project.com/forum/88- ... fallout-3/

*sensei*

Boris
I’m trying to disable the bloom when the world map is displayed, but getting some compilation error when I tried the following to detect Camera position Z above 100000.

EDIT: I found the weather id A6858 tied to the map view, so I assigned it to weatherID 99 and used WeatherAndTime.x value to set the bMapView to true.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Do not use camera position for that. Any compilation errors debug in old versions of NVidia FXComposer. World map is not proceeded by the mod btw.

*sensei*

I've been using the Warburg's 3d paper map mod, and I always had to disable ENB to get rid of overwhelming bloom.
Here's the screen capture showing with the map view detection logic that disables the ENB bloom.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not my problem, ENBSeries was made for vanilla game. Use weatherId in enbeffect.fx.

Boris, what you think about motion blur for ENB? :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Discussed many times, it's ugly for movable objects (similar to temporal antialiasing ghosting artifacts, but way much worse). Another problem is length of movement vector in time is undefined, because it's computed by the game in another thread, so i'm not able to get precise time of frame start, this results in annoying cpu usage dependent blurring.