TES Skyrim SE 0.309 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Skyrim SE

Lol, I still havent beaten Skyrim, when I almost did, ENB went out, I spent time configuring it, then dropped the game. Several years ago I tried again, configured ENB to my linkg, downloaded some mods, but then it started crashing constantly due to my 770 being unable to play it with the visuals I wanted. Its just the endless construction sandbox, not much of an interest for me as a game. SO I might as well wait for another 5 years for new versions of enb to come for SSE. :P

Bethesda is working on a new IP right now. They've confirmed TES6 hasn't even begun development. Even if we give them three years from FO4's release to make their new IP, then another three for TES6 (which would be super fast for their standards) that's 5 years from now before we're playing another TES game. Most likely 6 or 7 years.

Skyrim SE does so much right from a performance stand point, and has fixed so many minor issues that modders couldn't (proper rain occlusion, z-fighting, water flow, literally hundreds of characters on screen at once, 64bit engine, etc) that it's a great new base to start from and will inevitably replace the original game, especially since ENBoost's RAM tweaks don't work on Windows 10 and Microsoft is forcing that OS down everyone's throats. SKSE is already underway. Even if it takes years to get back to original Skyrim's modding standard's today, it will happen, and at that point we'll still have years left to play it before TES6 releases. It's been 5 years since Skyrim launched back in 2011, and we have at least all that time again before TES6 is here. Not to mention older TES games like Oblivion and Morrowind still have insanely robust player and modding communities to this day.

I'd say that means it doesn't matter what Boris decides to work on first. Obviously starting now would get us to visual splendour sooner, but we've got the better half of a decade to go before Skyrim SE is replaced by a new TES. There's no rush here ;)

The only sad news is if there will never be an ENB for Skyrim SE.

*sensei*

I knew before this SE came out that there wasn't going to be a major ENB for it. It's just like Fallout 4 so I only expected a light version which is fine with me.
A light version combined with Reshade and I can get a look that I'm happy with. There's going to be some things like character shots that aren't going to be as good, so I would stick to 32bit Skyrim if that's your thing.
For me, just like with Fallout 4, I'm getting good performance and great stability with this 64bit SE. And not having to deal with ugrids anymore is a plus.
Everyone's tastes are different in life so stick to whatever is right for you, whether it be the 32bit or 64bit version.
I haven't played Skyrim in well over a year so it's a bit fresh again and I'm enjoying going through the quests even though I've done them so many times ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I just started a fresh game of SE and I must say I'm finding it surprisingly fun, even though I too have played through most of the quests all the way up to the end game countless times. Never completed the game, though, for the same reasons as dpeasant. Sure SSE doesn't look spectacular compared to the latest games but it's a nice trip down the memory lane. And I constantly have a huge urge to start tweaking until I realize it's not possible, haha.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guys, i already said that working on it, why to discuss this? Yes, i don't like the idea to spent time modding the same game again, Bethesda greatly increased complexity of modding for me in Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE, but i'm trying to do what i can. I don't need to work with mods at all now, because in nearest months planning to move live with girlfriend in China and i need somehow makie games or freelance hardly to stay with her (it's very pricey and i can't work there officially). I can't even decide if can do that with so many problems, mother continue f*king my brain about that, don't want me to leave her (i don't know any russian girl kind and honest like me, but i don't want to stay alone, i'm getting old). Do you think i'm in good mood now? But instead, i spent time for this old game. Discussion should i develop the mod or not, makes me nervious and i can drop it.

Any decisions you make for your real life is what we should respect. No need for further pressure. We want to see you prosper in good health.

For now I'll have to put up with Reshade and FO4 ENB, the former to provide more color and the latter to stabilize framerates (I was doing better with ENB installed in barebones form -- increased framerates -- than without it).

Hi Boris. I wish you all the best for your future. I hope it all works out! :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Omg, ssao in Skyrim SE is purely facepalm. I don't understand why so many crapmakers working in famous studios. And users eat this shit gladly! This world is freaking perverted unfair.

ENBSeries wrote:Omg, ssao in Skyrim SE is purely facepalm. I don't understand why so many crapmakers working in famous studios. And users eat this shit gladly! This world is freaking perverted unfair.
What do you mean? it looks amazing! /s

*sensei*

The screen capture is AO debug mode, so that looks horrible. Here's what it should look, and Reshade is little better but all those white is bad and washed out.

Skyrim ENB AO
http://imgur.com/kjaY9Xi

SSE Reshade AO
http://imgur.com/HGf26A9

Boris,
Hope your best, and just see all those ENB followers from way back coming here shows how much we love ENB and your work.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE