TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.343

Folks, is somebody have very long start-up times with the mod? It's second time i see that it take more than 1 minute, which is abnormal (must be around 30-40 seconds for cpu like mine or faster when more cores available or higher frequency). What can be culprit of slow compilation, i don't know. Maybe it's ReShade installed at same time? Antivirus? Shader caching enabled in Steam or NVidia? Anybody know something of this problem?

I am not sure if it's related to the problem you described previously, but it might have something to do with any monitoring software like MSI afterburner + Riva tuner statistics server + hwinfo64
Also must check if you have:
Steam In-Game overlay / frame counter (turn it off)
Also NVIDIA shadowplay overlay (FPS counter + shadowplay counter and pre recorded video time)

Loading is also faster for me when using:
ParkContol (bitsum hiperformance mode , cores unparked)
+ C-states off and everything related,, CPU locked @constant frequency
+ Nvidia control panel - perfer maximum performance in power management.

It feel better in terms of loading times
Also ram frequency above 3300nhz helps a lot (mine is 3600)

CPU is 8600k @ 5.0ghz (HT on, frequency locked), win 10 gaming mod turned off (killed it via registered)

*sensei*

Thank you Boris, the latest update fixed the SSS over reacting blooming indoor. Sends you a few bucks for your wonderful work making Skyrim beautiful. It's all your fault I'm still playing Skyrim :D

No Reshade, and I have the Remote System Monitor Server running. The Nvidia Shader cache on took 40 seconds to see the B$ logo, and took over 3 minutes when it was off. Everyone who are on Nvidia should make sure this setting is on.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*master*

Yeah, the start up time became too long here, without Reshade and without other programs, only ENB.

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I've checked on amd laptop with 4 core 1.5 ghz each (game shaders compiling on one core only, mod shaders on multiple) and radeon hd6xxx, so it do not have any shader caching because of old amd. Time to start the game is 92 seconds. Something definetly wrong, it was much shorter before, need another update it seems.

Hi,, Can Boris teach me, how correctly use "gamma" setting of in envseries.ini and enbeffectFX.ini , for "Linea workflow"? :)
My monitor with sRGB profile, and monitor gamma set as "2.20" default.

I serched web,, then found Boris discribed how to manage them , but some properties seems change location and name. (it is about old plug in I think,,)
and still I need to use formula "pow" , to adjust input texture gamma with Linea worklfow? (to render color data texture, correctly in linea color space, then apply reverse gamma value for out put image,) about current 0.343 plug in?

or you already make it more simple? I hope to know correct manner for adjust texture gamma, untill I tweak each ini setting values many.

mohaderhangen

Hey Boris, thank you for all the updates and support. :)
I have a question, what does the SSS quality setting do/change?
I tried changing it and didn't have a noticable impact, neither on quality nor on visuals. I pressed apply changes after changing the settings, just to make sure.

darksynth0 wrote:I am not sure if it's related to the problem you described previously, but it might have something to do with any monitoring software like MSI afterburner + Riva tuner statistics server + hwinfo64
Also must check if you have:
Steam In-Game overlay / frame counter (turn it off)
Also NVIDIA shadowplay overlay (FPS counter + shadowplay counter and pre recorded video time)

Loading is also faster for me when using:
ParkContol (bitsum hiperformance mode , cores unparked)
+ C-states off and everything related,, CPU locked @constant frequency
+ Nvidia control panel - perfer maximum performance in power management.

It feel better in terms of loading times
Also ram frequency above 3300nhz helps a lot (mine is 3600)

CPU is 8600k @ 5.0ghz (HT on, frequency locked), win 10 gaming mod turned off (killed it via registered)
That's how you fry your cpu, never unpark the cores if you want your cpu to survive longer.
I did the same mistake.
A Sandy bridge 2600K watercooled at 5.2 ghz unparked, had it for like a year or so and then it was broken.

Hmph 4790k @ 4.9ghz watercolours, 2 years running no issues whatsoever.
Just need to keep temps under 80c and you're good.
Mine also watercooled , I never hit above 76c .. btw my CPUs are scalped and filled with liquid metal

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TOK2
SkyrimSE version do not have ColorPow parameter and because game textures are created without pay respect to srgb, i can't just force them all to be srgb (which is same as ColorPow=2.2 in old skyrim, you can see how weird they look, except ivy and some other untouched). Dont know if i will do this parameter or not, probably yes, one day, after all already drawing albedo for sss and slowed down mod startup time which was my fear. And about your display gamma, you dont need to bother about this kind of things, because game do not use anything realistic in terms of intensity of lights at least, so what make image beautiful is what right. Also this kind of things by 90% depends from code in the enbeffect.fx where tonemapping occurs.

mohaderhangen
SSS quality is how many samples are read to compute effect, probably on modern videocards performance is not noticable at all. By quality, sometime it can be seen as some noisy pattern on the skin when sss range is big.