TES Skyrim SE 0.401

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.401

I dont know how to fix that thing, because game use ugly blurring (which very much visible at rainy weather) which is the same place and shader as underwater blur, so when half camera is underwater and half above it, there is no way to compute both, game just ignore this condition, so i do too. Why gui disappear don't remember, i just ignored that cause not important. Mountains fog remain the same actually, it's just sun rays turning off when underwater detected to not have rays underwater.
About sun glare, okay.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Did test about startup times, vanilla game.
First run, ShaderCache=false 27 sec
Second run, ShaderCache=false 27 sec
Changed config ShaderCache=true 44 sec
Not changed config ShaderCache=true 10 sec

ENBSeries wrote:fadingsignal
There is no distortion underwater cause it do not exist in real life, i have no idea why game developers keep doing it. But you can make it yourself in external shader.
Ah OK I understand now, the shader was just supplied so one could add onto it. Maybe I'll finally learn how to write some shader code :) Thanks for the reply!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No need to learn, its very simple thing to implement as long as understand what exactly do you need and how it should work as algorithm. Almost always distortion like that is using some noise texture and from it's colors change uv coordinates of screen texture. Animation can be done via timer as uv change of noise texture with time as simplest method.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:it's just sun rays turning off when underwater detected to not have rays underwater.
What bad happens if sunrays not turning off when underwater ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:I dont know how to fix that thing, because game use ugly blurring (which very much visible at rainy weather) which is the same place and shader as underwater blur, so when half camera is underwater and half above it, there is no way to compute both, game just ignore this condition, so i do too. Why gui disappear don't remember, i just ignored that cause not important. Mountains fog remain the same actually, it's just sun rays turning off when underwater detected to not have rays underwater.
About sun glare, okay.
I suspected so. This is not a big problem. What about this underwater tint affected the postpass shader (in LE it doesn't happen, the is letterbox is in the effect.txt file) and underwater reflections?

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
Looks ugly perhaps, if i turned it off?

Guzio
Same thing happen to old skyrim. It's because game draw underwater and ugly blur after everything but gui.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Anubis
Looks ugly perhaps, if i turned it off?
I mean - from what I read from your previous post, currently sunrays are turned off when underwater is detected.

So, what happens if the sunrays stay on when player goes underwater ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
With rays enabled when underwater:
With rays disabled when underwater (what mod normally do):

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Rays enabled looks better and more realistic. Especially the mountains that are visible through water. (Of course the visibility depends on the strength of the waves and muddiness)

The ability to adjust it would be awesome.
I merged these images with 50%