TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

Size of each rain particle is too big, this is definetly not ENBSeries bug, but other mods.
Boris, i already tryd to use a detailed enb rain texture with alot of rain particles on one rain texture(https://www.dropbox.com/s/kazjulg1ggmck ... s.tga?dl=0). while this texture is displayed perfectly fine with small particles. It will become a square like shown in the video when using large particles, almost like enb would fail to map the texture on it. The mod is Vivid weathers and applys for all stormrain weathers.

Boris

Is there any way to make interior values for the [Environment] section separate from the rest of the Environment settings?
While at first this sounds like it would make things more complex....I think it would make things easier (and less intimidating) for people in the long run.

They would show up as:

[Environment - Interior]
[Environment - Exterior]

in the ENB GUI instead of just one [Environment] section.

That way, people could use the "ignore weathers" setting if you want unified interior settings for all weathers/want to make changes very easily.
If you ever implement skylighting for interiors, it would naturally be separated as well, keeping settings less cluttered.

I can't be the only one who has accidentally made changes to a setting, only to realize it was an exterior environment lighting value, not an interior one (because all the settings are so clumped together in the GUI).

Offtopic

Kingdom Come: Deliverance by Warhorse Studios

It's coming out this year and is expected to attract a large RPG player base. Not only that, developers have already said it will support modding for it.
They've raised an insane of amount of money for the game through funding on their website/kickstarter. Some great videos on YT by them and alpha/beta testers.

Tetrachromatic ENB
http://www.youtube.com/slothability

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Pfuscher
No way, it's unlogical. Reflections works always the same for any distance.

Slothability
No, i will not break existing presets and such changes require a lot of code changes, because current parameters are semi-automatically generated, i'm not very interested to write each of them manually and interpolate them too.

Mangaclub
Rain is the box of particles which are stretched by direction. Each particle is quad with uv 0..1 range to map rain texture on it. If any changes made to them produce huge particles, this means such changes are invalid, doesn't matter with mod or without it, fillrate and texelrate overkill happens anyway.

Boris

Ah, didn't think it would break the previous/existing values, I thought it would just separate them cleanly into two categories.

It's a damn shame there isn't an easier way to edit interiors for all weathers, it's a lot of work compared to everything else (in terms of getting interiors, juuuuust right).

Maybe fallout 4 could have this feature then? Since you are still in early development of that/lighting controls.

Tetrachromatic ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So, how to increase range of reflection effect?

Boris

One last thing I meant to ask and I'll be out of your hair I swear! :)

I am seeing some odd Shadows from my weapons on the ground, most noticeably when in first-person view. They move with the weapon as well, almost like ghosting.
It's really similar to the issue I see in Fallout 4 with the mod called Pip-light shadows, where the mod turns on fake shadows when a the pip-boy light hits an object (Bethesda couldn't figure it out before release so they turned off the feature by default).
It's noticeable everywhere but impossible to ignore when walking/running on snow.

First person view with ENB on

First person view with ENB Off

Third person view with ENB on (look just above the mouse cursor)

Third person view with ENB off (look just above the mouse cursor)

For troubleshooting purposes I have:

1. already disabled all effects (including skylighting/cloud shadows) to test if one of them was causing it. None were.
2. checked my skyrim inis, nothing there causing it, using clean ones.
3. turned off ENB, they disappear instantly as shown in the screenshots
4. Disabled my mods that have to do with first person/shadows, no luck there either.
5. Tested in interiors, not seeing the problem there or it's unnoticeable anyway.

I have not tried an older ENB binary yet to see if the problem is new or if it's an old bug I just never noticed.
Last edited by Slothability on 03 Apr 2016, 04:17, edited 1 time in total.

Tetrachromatic ENB

*master*

@boris
an idea for the "Interior seperation" issue... simple idea, has not too much flexibility, but still does the job to make life a ton easier for the people creating presets.
include a new var in the weather.inis like "use enbseries.ini values for interiors". if set to true, on next preset save it saves all the enbseries.ini interior values to all weather.inis that have the option set to true. or instead of saving them, it could also just use the values of enbseries.ini (like the ignore function in enbseries, but reversed and limited to interiors)
since (i guess) interior seperation condition can be called in your code and write everything to ini files isn't that much of a deal codewise it is relatively easy to implement.
also my guess is that about 95% of ENB preset creators use it that way, all interior settings are the same for the whole ini file. and for things like "blackreach weather" you can disable that option in the specific ini.

*sensei*

@Slothability, check with vanilla equipment (no .nif or .texture or record changes). Probably a mod bug.

*master*

Slothability
The "shadows" under the weapon in first person are likely due to SSAO/IL. First person is basically an overlay on the screen and there isn't any depth information. I suspect this is one of the reasons why the game had no official SSAO support.

FiftyTifty & Maeldun

Thank you both but I just figured out how the problem occurs/how to replicate it. It is definitely ENB related.

This shadow bug occurs when you use Detailed Shadows and the Shadow Quality Fix under the [Shadows] category.
The bug also occurs if you turn OFF detailed shadows but keep Shadow Quality Fix ON.

Quality Fix turned ON with Detailed Shadows ON. Same Results with Quality Fix ON and Detailed Shadows OFF.

Quality Fix turned OFF with Detailed Shadow OFF

Tetrachromatic ENB