TES Skyrim SE 0.401

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.401

ENBSeries wrote:I will not do things which are reverse to improvements to realism no matter what anyone say to me.
Of course, just wanted to ask if underwater sunrays possible without sacrificing other things ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes and no. I told about this earlier and showed screenshots of how ugly game rays looks like with tiny drawing distance and lot of noise, so they need to be computed one more time, slower but higher quality. If you search screenshots in google of skyrim, it's easy to see that this feature in old skyrim mod was useless, people rarely go underwater and investing time in other things is better.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis wrote:About the underwater reflection - in my game the water has a reflection from surface but it is also transparent and has distortions: (ENB enabled)
Image Image
Only thing that's missing, is underwater sunrays.

Are you saying that enabling these sunrays disables the distortions ?
Test it at the sunset during the Rain Storm.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Yes and no. I told about this earlier and showed screenshots of how ugly game rays looks like with tiny drawing distance and lot of noise, so they need to be computed one more time, slower but higher quality. If you search screenshots in google of skyrim, it's easy to see that this feature in old skyrim mod was useless, people rarely go underwater and investing time in other things is better.
This earlier discussion was about volumetric rays. (I checked) What I'm asking about are sun rays. Different rays.
I'm not sure why this game has different types of rays, but I hoped that if one type of rays is not good, then maybe the other type is doable.

I went back and saw the screens regarding volumetric rays. I now understand why those aren't implemented.

Is there anything you can do to improve SSR the game (decrease noise and add slider to adjust strength of SSR)? Also, there is a peculiar bug where the water is grey and clearly visible during foggy weather (I'm using NAT ENB). Is there any way it could be fixed?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guzio wrote:
Anubis wrote:About the underwater reflection - in my game the water has a reflection from surface but it is also transparent and has distortions: (ENB enabled)
Image Image
Only thing that's missing, is underwater sunrays.

Are you saying that enabling these sunrays disables the distortions ?
Test it at the sunset during the Rain Storm.
Done.

Sunset, rain storm above water:
Sunset, rain storm underwater:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis -- Thank you :D Oh, something must be wrong on my side.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guzio wrote:Anubis -- Thank you :D Oh, something must be wrong on my side.
What's wrong with your game ?

If it's water, then maybe it helps to know that I use "Pure Waters" mod. (almost no water seams, compared to all other water mods)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anubis
[RAYS] use depth to compute effect. Water surface have depth too and apply distortion to image above water. Placing ANY rays underwater which are casted from above water means to destroy water surface. Computing this type of rays just for underwater space is meanless, very rare when someone point camera to sun direction and something partially cover it, except main character.

Nomad0619
I cant improve ssr, it need to be created from scratch. Maybe one day.
About water, never seen that bug.

*master*

Nomad0619
I cant improve ssr, it need to be created from scratch. Maybe one day.
About water, never seen that bug.[/quote]

:o a new SSR effect would be awesome, because the in game SSR sucks (low res) and it is barely noticeable unless you crank up that effect to maximum in ENB GUI and for some reason, if in exteriors is set to max power, in certain areas, you can see a weird low res reflection in some mountain parts even when there is no wet effect or something like that.